PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone changed #of people?

CamColt
08-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Has anyone very had to change ADR's for 5 people to 6 and was that a problem? A few years ago I had to do this changing 4 to 8 and they made me cancel all of them and make new ones. Since this trip is under 3 weeks away, Im sure we wont be able to get everything (or anything, LOL) if that is the case. I'm just wondering if most 5's get tables for 6.

pirateofthecarolinas
08-08-2006, 08:23 AM
I wouldn't call because they will make you cancel.

I had 6 people for our CRT ressies of 5. Not a problem because they normally have to place you at a table for 6 anyway.

They CM said it would take us longer to be seated. :rolleyes: I continued to be very nice and thanked them. It didn't take us any longer than the other guests. :teeth: Being nice to the CMs at the podium is the way to go! :thumbsup2

Lori

AMaloy314
08-08-2006, 08:30 AM
What about just trying to make new ADRs for the correct number. Get which ones you can, then call back later to cancel the wrong ones. That way, if you CAN get the correct number, you are set and might not have to wait extra. If you can't get one,you are still semi-covered. I know that it is a long shot, but you never know what could happen. Especially since you are getting closer. People change all the time, if you keep calling, you might get lucky.

I agree with the previous poster that being nice to the CMs at the podium is the key!

momtotwinglesx4
08-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but I was wondering what happens if you have to *reduce* your party size?

My brother's family of 4 *might* have to cancel their trip for Sept.; I made all of our ADR's for all of us, total party of 10, so if they don't go, it'll just be my family, party of 6.

Will I have to cancel and rebook all of the ADR's, or can they just decrease the party size from 10 to 6 if need be?

bluejasmine
08-08-2006, 08:48 AM
I called and changed from 7 to 8 which was just fine..They quickly added that 8th person to all of my ARDs within minutes..Different ppl have had different experiences tho..

tubachick
08-08-2006, 09:01 AM
I just recently changed ADR's for Aug from 3 to 5 with out a problem. The only catch was at Brown Derby, had to make the ADR for a later time... no biggie

Since its only one chair I don't see it being a problem, be nice to whomever you speak to, on the phone or at the podium. Good luck and have fun!!!

Mad4Dizne
08-08-2006, 09:35 AM
on two of our ADR's one of our party members didn't feel well and missed the meal--there was no problem at all with our ADR when we arrived.

LadyOmega
08-08-2006, 09:44 AM
What makes it such a big deal for some people is the number of people. Since you're going from 5 to 6 people, you would have already been seated at a 6 top table, so there is already an extra chair there. They shouldn't have any problem if you call and ask them to add another person to your ressie. Same goes for moving from any odd to even #, like 7 to 8, cause there are no tables for 7, just even numbers, so there would have already been 8 chairs there. This is the explanation I got from the CM I talked to.
The hard thing to do is to go from 4 to 5, or 6 to 7. Found that one out the hard way, had to cancel everything, lost Le Cellier, and LTT on MNNSHP night and everything. :sad1: I thought it best to change it through them though, cause there have been several people who have called and asked about bringing an extra person along, and the Cm's were less than receptive to the idea. So I didn't want anyone to be turned away. :teeth:
But anyway, you shouldn't have any problem at all going from 5 to 6.

CamColt
08-08-2006, 04:33 PM
*UPDATE*

We did end up needing to do this (my niece is joining us :yay: ) and it worked well.

At Kona Cafe (dinner), Chef Mickeys (breakfast) and Mama Melrose (FDP) we were able to just change from 5 to 6 people and at Sci Fi we changed 3 to 4 (DH and I aren't going to that one). We did need to cancel and rebook Wolfgang Pucks but we went from a 5:30 ADR to 5:15 so that wasn't bad at all.

The only other table service meal we all are eating at is ESPN and they don't take ADR's so it didnt affect that. I'm so relieved!!!! :thumbsup2

postalcop
08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
i just had to do the same thing last night. we had 4 but now needed reservations for 5. we had no problem with h&v-lunch, 1900 park fare- breakfast. but we had to call CRT & Le Cellier directly to see if they could change it since they were booked completly. we are going the 1st weekend in dec. and yes they were able to accomadate us! i was surprised with CRT. but hey this is Disney- a magical place-!!

good luck-
~sue