PDA

View Full Version : "FUN' Places to eat, older children

trey3333
08-08-2006, 07:19 AM
I am taking an eleven year old boy and I am sure he will love the 50's Prime Time Cafe. Chip and Dale's
Garden Grill also sounds like fun. Are there any more restaurants that entertain while eating? He is not really excited about the TS meals, just wants to eat fast and ride! :cool1: I want to get some use out of my dining plan and hopefully sit down for a few minutes and rest my feet. I am also wondering if any of the restaurants on the dining plan are open late. We are both use to staying up late and he might be ready to slow down around 11 to 12 pm. I assume it would have to be at a resort, are there buses going between the resorts at night?
Thank you for your help,
Connie
August 13-18, 2006

Pixiedust34
08-08-2006, 07:42 AM
How about Sci-Fi Dine In? My ds (10) will be eating there for the first time this Sept. and he's looking forward to it.

Merriwind
08-08-2006, 07:55 AM
We always enjoy Biergarten--meeting new people and listening/dancing to the Oompah (sp?) band. Marrakesh is lovely and also has music and a belly dancer. More low key than Germany, that's for sure! Sci-Fi and 50s are always a good time too. Enjoy!

FionaLovesShrek
08-08-2006, 08:07 AM
DD (almost 10) loved WCC, Ohana and Sci-Fi the best, with LTT being a fav for character interaction and food.

trey3333
08-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Whispering Canyon sounds great. Can you tell me how much time it took to get there from the park you were at (also which park) did you still have time to go back and ride rides? We are using the bus system. Do you just hop on a bus and say "Take me to Whispering Canyon Cafe please?" Or are the buses marked for where they will take you and we will have to wait on one to the lodge? Will we give up an evening of rides to eat at a restaurant that is not in the park we are visiting?
WOW! that is a lot of questions! Sorry, just no idea how this works

loralie
08-08-2006, 09:22 AM
I thought my kids would love 50's PT Cafe but they did not care for it. They were 9 and 7 at the time. Our server was not really into character so I am sure that had something to do with it. It all depends on who you get. For our next trip we are going to try Sci Fi and WCC.

I know there is a boat to WL from MK to get to WCC. I am not sure how long it would take to get there but I would give it at least a 1/2 hour if you are already at MK. That is just a guess.

Have fun,

Loralie

krissyh
08-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Whispering Canyon sounds great. Can you tell me how much time it took to get there from the park you were at (also which park) did you still have time to go back and ride rides? We are using the bus system. Do you just hop on a bus and say "Take me to Whispering Canyon Cafe please?" Or are the buses marked for where they will take you and we will have to wait on one to the lodge? Will we give up an evening of rides to eat at a restaurant that is not in the park we are visiting?
WOW! that is a lot of questions! Sorry, just no idea how this works

That age should love WWC. It is at Wilderness Lodge. Go on a MK day. Leave an hour before your ADR and take the boat - point it out to your son when you go over the road on the water - or take the bus (faster) that goes to Wilderness Lodge. It won't take an hour but if you leave MK an hour before the ressie you won't have to rush to boat/bus and you will have time to walk around the WL - there is a geyser.
Are you staying on site? If so, check on info on the Transportation page.

FionaLovesShrek
08-08-2006, 09:00 PM
As stated above, you can take a bus to WL. Whatever park you are at, I would leave one hour before your ADR, because you don't know how many minutes you'll have to wait on the bus. When you get off at WL, head towards the lobby. WCC is hard to miss, its loud :teeth: What we did, was take a bus to the lodge, had an early (5:00) ADR and when we left, we went to the dock and took the boat over to MK. The boat ride was about 15 minutes long. It was relaxing and fun. We then enjoyed MK till wishes was over. You'll have fun, and the lodge is beautiful to see. The food at WCC is good, DD loved the skillet :thumbsup2