PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Needed On My ADR's

raven69david
08-07-2006, 11:51 PM
I was able to finalize everything so that we could maximize our time doing exactly what we want. It will be myself, DW, DD (22 months), SIL, BIL & nephew (2 years old).

This is our schedule so far:

8/26 - Epcot
No dining scheduled

8/27 - Magic Kingdom
Chef Mickeys - Lunch @ 12:30pm

8/28 - Animal Kingdom
Rainforest Cafe / Bomas

8/29 - Magic Kingdom
Liberty Tavern - Lunch 12:30pm

8/30 - MGM to see Wiggles
JoJo's Circus / Little Einsteins character lunch - 12:35pm

8/31 - Magic Kingdom
Ohanas - Character Breakfast at 9am

millermouse
08-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Have you considered the Restaurant in Morrocco for your first night? It is wonderful! BTW I love the rest of your ADR's!!!

Cool-Beans
08-08-2006, 12:32 AM
I second Restaurant Marrakesh.

Crystal Palace breakfast is SO much better than Ohana's. Unless your kids are dying to meet Lilo & Stitch, I'd switch to CP.

Tusker House or Flame Tree Barbeque (counter service in AK) are both better than Rainforest Cafe.

My opinion...you asked for it, you got it, Toyota! :)

Have a great trip!

Lostgirlz
08-08-2006, 12:34 AM
The Wiggles are actually coming to Disney? I went to Australia where they are from and live to visit a friend and obviously they are more out in public than reg stars, but a couple not as nice as they seem on the shows. I am in a bit of shock to hear they are actually coming to Disney cause they don't do many shows in the US at all. My friends son loves them. I checked the calender and saw nothing listed at disney for them so I am assuming maybe it's outside disney?

raven69david
08-08-2006, 02:16 AM
The Wiggles are actually coming to Disney? I went to Australia where they are from and live to visit a friend and obviously they are more out in public than reg stars, but a couple not as nice as they seem on the shows. I am in a bit of shock to hear they are actually coming to Disney cause they don't do many shows in the US at all. My friends son loves them. I checked the calender and saw nothing listed at disney for them so I am assuming maybe it's outside disney?

They will be at MGM Studios. Here's the link: http://allearsnet.com/tp/mgm/pdic.htm

raven69david
08-08-2006, 02:18 AM

Crystal Palace breakfast is SO much better than Ohana's. Unless your kids are dying to meet Lilo & Stitch, I'd switch to CP.

My DD doesn't like Pooh & Friends as much as Lilo & Stitch and Pluto. That's why we chose Ohanas over CP.

Tusker House or Flame Tree Barbeque (counter service in AK) are both better than Rainforest Cafe.

I agree with those choices and we'll probably utilize them late afternoon. We've had both and they were both excellent. Nice lakeshore dining. LOL ....not to mention a great shot of Expedition Everest.

CoolDisneyCat
08-08-2006, 02:49 AM
I think your choices sound pretty good. We enjoy Boma and LTT for lunch, too. But I will agree with the posters above that Flame Tree is better than RainForest Cafe.

What about Spoodles for your first night? It's an easy walk or boatride from Epcot. You could rent a surry after you eat and enjoy peddling around the lake while the little ones sit up front ringing the bell! :)

raven69david
08-08-2006, 07:20 AM
The reason we're doing Rainforest is because DD likes the animals inside the restaurant. She loves to see the fish swimming in the big aquarium and she likes watching the animals when the storm arrives. Otherwise the Flaming Tree is good for us and we will definetly pick up something there prior to leaving the park. popcorn::

Demosthenes
08-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Have you considered the Restaurant in Morrocco for your first night? It is wonderful! BTW I love the rest of your ADR's!!!

DW and I love Marrakesh, but our two year old had nothing to eat. I wouldn't recommend it with the little ones.

rcyannacci
08-08-2006, 09:24 AM
With the little ones, it's nice that you've scheduled lunch breaks at the character dining. Plus you'll get lots of interaction.

The only thing I would suggest is alternating nights with your inlaws so each of you can go out for a nice dinner while the others are watching the kids.

Lostgirlz
08-08-2006, 06:29 PM
I wish I had known about Doodlebops and Wiggles coming sooner. My friends son LOVES both of them and probably would have loved to have known earlier in the year to maybe make a trip to see them. We live where the wiggles have came once and only once and they did not bring a lot og the nice props you saw on the show. It was a very basic show in fact when I went with her to seasme street live she did not want to go just her and her son to that one lol wanted a friend to talk to incase it got super boring and they actually did a better job than the Wiggles did. I just took a trip to Australia and while you can find in the supermarkets all different wiggles foods and at some stores wiggles toys, they are not as popular it seemed over there anymore. They had commercials promoting charities I noticed while there visiting a friend, but she said they have died down a lot over there, and that Steve Irwin The Crocodile Hunter is a big joke to them over there. I dunno guess maybe they would see him as corny. The wiggles shirts and a little video info is in a musuem in the countries capital they are located in the pop culture section lol.