PDA

View Full Version : MYW ticket purchase to get DP

Liz
08-07-2006, 10:06 PM
If I already have MYW tickets for our trip but I am considering getting the DP, I assume I would have to buy more tickets. What would be the most cost effective way to do this? I guess I could buy 1-day tickets, save them and apply them towards a multi-day pass for a future visit? Is that what you would do?

Thanks!

beth_cam
08-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Simply - yes.

PottersMom
08-08-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm in the same boat... we upgraded our 6 day tickets to ten day non- expiring tix once we realised that (A) We would save on our tix for next vacation, and (B)we were actually only planning on using 4 park days during our trip anyway. DH and I are HUGE fans of the dinning plan and want to use it on our next trip in '07- but here's where I keep getting stuck...
In order to buy the DDP you have to purchase a package, (and both be on the same package). It's my understanding, though I could be wrong- but a package consists of Disney resort stay and tickets. A value resort in '07 starts at $82/night- still inexpensive, but you can find cheaper rates off property. As for tickets- 2 MYW base tickets will run us about $142 bucks! We don't even need these tickets and would only be purchasing them to get the dinning plan- is it really worth it? Yes, we could save the tickets and upgrade them at a later date, (when our current 10day tix are used up) But still I'm not sure if it would be worth it.
Basically, by buying the one day tickets to qualify for a "package" we are adding $14 per person per day onto our trip. So if you crunch the numbers- the $40 per day dinning plan basically just went up to $54 per day- not so sure thats a real value anymore considering if we used the $54 budget for OOP dinning we would really be fine. But then if it all evens out in the wash why not just go with the plan??? :confused3 I'm making myself dizzy.
THe million dollar question is... can you book a "package" without having to buy more park tickets? I have heard of people reserving basic "packages" with things like mini- golf passes before the next year's rates came out. Something like that would be ideal. I just feel silly spending an extra $142 to save $100-$150. It just seems weird. Sorry this was so long- had to work that out :surfweb:

bicker
08-09-2006, 06:50 AM
To qualify for the Dining Plan via package, the package does have to include admission purchase.

Liz
08-09-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm in the same boat... we upgraded our 6 day tickets to ten day non- expiring tix once we realised that (A) We would save on our tix for next vacation, and (B)we were actually only planning on using 4 park days during our trip anyway. DH and I are HUGE fans of the dinning plan and want to use it on our next trip in '07- but here's where I keep getting stuck...
In order to buy the DDP you have to purchase a package, (and both be on the same package). It's my understanding, though I could be wrong- but a package consists of Disney resort stay and tickets. A value resort in '07 starts at $82/night- still inexpensive, but you can find cheaper rates off property. As for tickets- 2 MYW base tickets will run us about $142 bucks! We don't even need these tickets and would only be purchasing them to get the dinning plan- is it really worth it? Yes, we could save the tickets and upgrade them at a later date, (when our current 10day tix are used up) But still I'm not sure if it would be worth it.
Basically, by buying the one day tickets to qualify for a "package" we are adding $14 per person per day onto our trip. So if you crunch the numbers- the $40 per day dinning plan basically just went up to $54 per day- not so sure thats a real value anymore considering if we used the $54 budget for OOP dinning we would really be fine. But then if it all evens out in the wash why not just go with the plan??? :confused3 I'm making myself dizzy.
THe million dollar question is... can you book a "package" without having to buy more park tickets? I have heard of people reserving basic "packages" with things like mini- golf passes before the next year's rates came out. Something like that would be ideal. I just feel silly spending an extra $142 to save $100-$150. It just seems weird. Sorry this was so long- had to work that out :surfweb:

I understand your dilemma!!! I'm trying to decide if I want to buy four 1-day tickets (that I don't need but can apply towards future tickets) and get the DP or buy one AP and get the DDE. Either way I'd be spending more money for tickets than I need but the 1 day passes would be like pre-paying towards a future trip instead of adding to the expense of this one. I'm kind of waiting to see if there is an AP room discount for my timeframe and that will help me decide. Good luck!