PDA

View Full Version : Quick bite before flight departure

bsmcneil
08-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Any suggestions for what would be good to grab before we leave WDW? Here are the details:

We plan to have a late lunch at 50s PTC (around 1:30/2). We'll head back to Pop Century to catch DME getting there by 3:45 (our flight leaves at 6:55). We can grab something either at MGM or Pop Century. It needs to be easily transported. I don't know if the Orlando airport has an accessible microwave (anyone know) so that might play a factor. Any ideas? Oh yeah, we'll be on the DDP using a counter service meal.

LISAMWDW
08-07-2006, 09:14 PM
I did that on my last trip, however it was Earl of Sandwich. We ate our dinner on the plane a few hours later. We used up our remaining counter service credits. We shared a few times because it was just too much food. It worked out great! It also reduced the stress of searching for a quick meal at the airport when you are short on time. The sandwiches were great, alittle cool but who cares.

Simba's Mom
08-07-2006, 09:25 PM
I did that on my last trip, however it was Earl of Sandwich. We ate our dinner on the plane a few hours later. We used up our remaining counter service credits. We shared a few times because it was just too much food. It worked out great! It also reduced the stress of searching for a quick meal at the airport when you are short on time. The sandwiches were great, alittle cool but who cares.
That's what I did last time too-got a sandwich and dessert to eat on the plane. I stopped in the Food Court at my resort and got a sandwich and macaroon bar. It was so nice to open that stuff up on the airplane, like taking a little Disney World with me.

Cool-Beans
08-07-2006, 09:33 PM
I'd either eat before leaving or at the Burger King in MCO. All that transporting of food sounds like a pain in the buttinski.

AnninIowa
08-07-2006, 10:25 PM
If you can make it to DTD, Wolfgang Puck Express would have some cold choices to go - salads, in particular.

LISAMWDW
08-08-2006, 11:06 AM
BK, ewhh, sorry, I can't do fast food. It's really not a pain "hauling the food" around. I just toss in my carry one tote. There's plenty of room left after eating our snacks we've brought. My DD-9 was very excited to have a mickey rice crispy treat for a snack on the plane. It makes leaving a little easier to bring a little bit of it with you.

calypso*a*go-go
08-08-2006, 11:17 AM
We plan on doing the same thing. We've got an ADR @ Chef Mickey's as our "last hurrah" at 11am, then we're heading to DTD for some final souvenir shopping and plan on getting Earl of Sandwich to go. I have a small soft-sided thermal cooler I'm going to put everything in. We'll eat it while we're waiting to board our flight or bring it on the plane with us. It's a long flight (almost 7 hours!) so I'm hoping to have enough snack credits left to bring some extra goodies with us too.

MrsMud
08-08-2006, 05:56 PM
I have the same plan. We have a lunch ADR at 12:00 at Coral Reef our last day. We will leave Pop at 4:20 for our 7:20 flight. I have asked a similar question and learned that Pop food court has packaged grab-n-go items like sandwhiches, fruit cups and desserts available in the food court. You can use a CS credit from your DDP. This is what we will most likely do. HTH!