PDA

View Full Version : Dry Reisling in Germany

kimpossible
08-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Anyone know the name of the dry reisling that is sold in the wine shop in Epcot's German Pavillion?

Mackey Mouse
08-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Hmmmmm, I tried to do a search for you. It is not Liebfraumilch by VALCKENBERG, the search I did said it is the German wine for WDW.. I do know about Riesling though so maybe it is not the right one. Hopefully someone else knows the name of this wine you are looking for.

kimpossible
08-08-2006, 07:40 AM
Thanks for trying. It is definitely not the Liebfraumilch. My neighbor is haveing an Octoberfest party and gets annoyed when I am always drinking a non-German wine. So I thought I would track down the name of this one. Unfortunately we are not going to Disney until Nov.

Anyone else have suggestions?

we3disneygo
08-08-2006, 08:55 AM
:cool1: go to your local Kroger's store, etc. and look at the wine....it won't be hard to find, I think a blue bottle? they'll be several varities. prost! :crazy:

maureenmac
08-08-2006, 09:54 AM
I believe the name of the dry reisling we bought there is Weingut P.J. Valckenberg. We have purchased some excellent Australian dry reislings, but I do not know if that would fit in with the Octoberfest theme.
Maureen

Michele
08-08-2006, 10:26 AM
I bought some in December for a friend. I will call and see if they still have that bottle. But she won't be home until later.

molly2004
08-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Will a wine from Alsace count? I've never bought any wine from WDW Germany, but this one is really nice.

2002 Bott-Geyl, "Riquewihr", Riesling, Alsace

RedFamilyLuvDisney
08-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Is it called Polka Dot? It on a Blue Bottle and it is really good. I happen to know 'cause I work for Gallo Winery and Polka Dot is now own or associated by Gallo. Yeap, nice to work in a company where you can have a free wine tasting. I should take a picture of it and share it with you if this is the wine you're looking for. I was told you can buy these at Cost Plus or Beverages n More! :thumbsup2

Michele
08-11-2006, 09:38 PM
OK, got ahold of my friend. The one we got them had a blue label. I remember they had the same brand but with a green label, also, don't know what the difference was.

Anyway, she said the name was Graff.