PDA

View Full Version : Help with DD restaurant

THESCHULTZFIVE
08-07-2006, 12:07 PM
We are driving to WDW this year. It's a tradition to go to Downtown Disney on our first day/night there. What's the best place to eat without having an ADR. I don't know what time we'll arrive, so I don't want to make an ADR b/c we might be later or earlier than I expect. If none of the restaurants are non-ADR friendly, then I guess we'll just eat at Artist Palette. TIA

bluejasmine
08-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Hmm.. I know in 2003 we were able to walk in to Rainforst Cafe in DTD and eat well we waited about 15-20 min but it wasnt a bad wait at all we had so much to look at..lol

hercamore
08-07-2006, 12:24 PM
We are arriving on the 26th and plan to go to DT Disney right away, too. we will just hit the Earl of Sandwich and hten shop.

herc.

THESCHULTZFIVE
08-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Hmm.. I know in 2003 we were able to walk in to Rainforst Cafe in DTD and eat well we waited about 15-20 min but it wasnt a bad wait at all we had so much to look at..lol
Wow, really? That's the one place that I thought we would never get in without an ADR. I'll keep that in mind, especially if we arrive after "popular dinner hours".

kcashner
08-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Planet Hollywood told us that they don't take same day ADRs, and rarely have much of a wait till after 7 pm. Earl of Sandwich is a great place to get a light dinner!

iggbees
08-07-2006, 01:42 PM
earl of sandwich is awesome! we ate there 2 times on our last trip. the meals are so reasonably priced (4.99$ for quite a large sub type sandwich!).

bctripp
08-07-2006, 02:26 PM
We had earl of sandwich, and it was great! Lots to choose from, all kinds of sandwiches (hot or cold), bunches of drinks (bottled or fountain, beer is available, juices too), chips, cookies, and salads. We fed 3 adults and 2 kids for about $40. It's definitely one of my favorites now, anything to save money. We shared a Hot Fudge Sundae at Ghiradelli Chocolate place later in the night.

erinch
08-07-2006, 02:32 PM
if you get there earlier, it's not difficult to get into the HoB, or Bongos.
You could also make a couple of ADRs at Rainforest for different times, using different names/cellphones. If you don't show up, they just expire the ADR, and it doesn't keep someone else from eating. My experience with them is that they allow some range -- i.e. if you show up a little early or a little late, you'll still get ADR seating....although still likely to wait.

THESCHULTZFIVE
08-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks all for the replies. While the Earl of Sandwhich looks great to me, DD9 "dosen't like anything from that place". Maybe DH and I will check it out for a late night snack while mom watches the kids. I may do the 2 ressies at Rainforest. I know my kids like it and after an 18 hour drive, I don't wanna hear them whining about the menu.

LISAMWDW
08-07-2006, 09:17 PM
My favorites in DTD is Earl of Sandwich and Rainforest Cafe.

Aimeedyan
08-07-2006, 09:28 PM
You should try Raglan Road! People seem to still be able to get a walkup fairly easily there.

MissMagnolia
08-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Another vote for Rainforest Cafe.