PDA

View Full Version : flame tree bbq or tusker house???

andychris14
08-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Last august we ate lunch at the tusker house. It was very good. I looked at the menu for the flame tree bbq and it looks good also.
Where would you recommend? Why?

MJMcBride
08-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Flame Tree BBQ. Its the best counter service in WDW. Of course, Tusker House may be #2.

sjms71
08-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Flame Tree BBQ. Its the best counter service in WDW. Of course, Tusker House may be #2.

I would have to agree 100%. Love FTB! Best counter service in WDW..

indigoxtreme
08-07-2006, 12:04 PM
They are both very good and we enjoy them equally, the only reason I would go to Tusker House over Flame tree is the indoor dining with air conditioning. Flame tree does not have this although they do have some nice tables near the lake. :sunny:

RangerPooh
08-07-2006, 12:05 PM
We haven't been to the Tusker House but have eaten at FTB alot and really like the food there. DH loves the ribs and I really enjoy the BBQ sandwhiches. It's always been a filling meal too.

Palendat
08-07-2006, 12:14 PM
I have to disagree with the previous poster. We have been to Flame Tree twice and both times had the toughest ribs I have ever seen. Coupled with outdoor seating at Flame Tree(we are going in 15 more sleeps) and indoor A/C comfort at Tusker, and Tusker House wins for me hands down. I LOVE the salmon, and the chocolate cake.

Buzz's Buddy
08-07-2006, 12:36 PM
I think Flame Tree and Tusker House are the #1 & #2 counter service restaurants in WDW.

Since you already did Tusker House, give Flame Tree a try. We enjoy the ribs and unless it's oppressively hot, you can find a nice table under a gazebo by the water where you can get some relief.

Armandocme
08-07-2006, 12:42 PM
I say go ahead and try Flame Tree. They have very good BBQ Ribs. Tusker House is good too! And it's indoors. My wife liked the salmon there a lot. I don't think you could go wrong either way.

chigirl
08-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Tusker House was my favorite CS during my last trip and I look forward to eating there this year...nice A/C and the show w/the Africian entertainers & dancers is super fine!

WAHMto5
08-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Flame Tree is by far our favorite CS at AK, best food and value!!

MeLaNie9
08-07-2006, 02:14 PM
We got one CS lunch at each place this past May because we had heard raves about both and our winner was Tusker House hands down. DH is the BBQ lover in our family, but we all tried the meals from both places. The FTB meal was not good - the beans were sticky and clumpy, the corn was way over-cooked and mushy (inedible), and the BBQ was nothing special. We really liked Tusker House. We had the 1/2 chicken meal. It was delicious and the sides were fantastic.

mousebit
08-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Tusker House! :thumbsup2 Tho' I could be convinced to make our AK day a 2 CS day, with the second meal at Flame Tree! :thumbsup2

:tink:

estnh
08-07-2006, 04:09 PM
I believe the best three counter service restaurants in all of WDW are Flame Tree, Columbia Harbour House (at MK) and Tusker House. It is always a real quandry for us when we're at Animal Kingdom which of the two to choose.

I'm not nuts about the ribs at FT, but flip out over the BBQ beef sandwich. One family member is crazy about the chicken at Tusker, while another loves the salmon. Last trip we actually split up for lunch. They went to Tusker House and I went to Flame Tree and I lugged my stuff back across the park (at a brisk pace I might add) to eat with them!

PrincessAurora
08-07-2006, 04:30 PM
FLAME TREE! They have the best BBQ pork sandwich. Excellent.

Both times I ate at Tuskers were pedestrian and borderline nasty. It seems that Mickey likes to dump the salt shaker in their veggies. I'm talkin' salt lick in the middle of the savana salty.

rcyannacci
08-07-2006, 05:37 PM
I like both, but lean toward Tusker House. We've always had great food there, and plenty of seating

seven dwarfs
08-07-2006, 05:45 PM
I vote for Tusker House. We also had bad ribs/BBQ sandwiches at Flame Tree. We had great food at Tusker House.

G8RFAN
08-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Flame Tree!!! We always order one rib and one chicken and an order of seasoned fries and split it. All ribs are smoked, so if you are a fan of wet BBQ ribs, get some extra sauce at the concession cart or you may be disappointed. On hot muggy days, if you sit closer to the lake, it seems to drop 5. Tusker House is also very good, but not a must have like FT is for us.

A little OT, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe at MK has a pretty good chicken rib combo. More of a Memphis flavor. This single meal is enough for two people.

Amyg
08-07-2006, 09:44 PM
I enjoyed Flame Tree BBQ sandwhich and carrot cake. True there' no air conditioned building but we didn't feel it was terribly hot. It was so pleasant sitting under the shade in the open air, and as the above poster mentioned, you can sit right next to the lake it's so pretty there!

Cool-Beans
08-07-2006, 10:10 PM
I like them both and eat at the one I'm closest to. :)

Stacerita
08-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Flame Tree. Thats one of our faves. We really enjoy the food there and we love the outdoor seating.

Wendi2000
08-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Tusker House... because they have yummy salmon. Flame Tree does not.

JERSEYGIRLINSI
08-08-2006, 12:27 AM
We (me, dh, ds2) are BBQ people, and we BBQ all year long :jumping1: So it's hands down Flame Tree for us. The 1/2 slab of ribs fed me, ds, and plenty left for my over-indulgent dh ::cop: . He had a beef bbq sandwhich also. We love this place, and you will also. :thumbsup2
Tusker House will not disappoint either. It's apples and oranges. We almost all will eat both and enjoy it...but we will all prefer one over the other. :)

aubriee
08-08-2006, 03:30 AM
I'm not nuts about the ribs at FT, but flip out over the BBQ beef sandwich. One family member is crazy about the chicken at Tusker, while another loves the salmon. Last trip we actually split up for lunch. They went to Tusker House and I went to Flame Tree and I lugged my stuff back across the park (at a brisk pace I might add) to eat with them!

How do you lug all your stuff all the way across the park without dropping some of it? We're going in Sept and my mom absolutely refuses to eat at Flame Tree ( ate there twice and got ill both times), but I love it. She wants a hot dog from Restarauntasaurus. She'll be in an ECV, so I want to get her in line at Flame Tree and let her get my lunch and find a table while I run (literally) over to Restarauntsaurus to pick up her hot dog. I'm not sure how I'm going to get her hot dog, fries, soda, and dessert back to Flame Tree though without dropping/spilling them.

To the OP we've tried both, Tusker House and Flame Tree, and most of my family prefers Flame Tree (except my mom who's gotten sick there twice and won't eat chicken or salmon). She likes Restarauntsaurus (Bleh!).