PDA

View Full Version : Party for the Senses seating ???

Eeyore2003
08-07-2006, 10:18 AM
I have never been to Party for the Senses yet.
First, MUST you attend the concert before hand.
Second, I've read there is limited seating. How do you improve your chances of getting seats???

Just want to be prepared on how this works. Thanks

Becky

YachtClubWoman
08-07-2006, 10:57 AM
We went in Oct 2004 to the Party.

We found that we always had a seat - they were large tables with many people (8 or 10 - I don't remember that). We had a seat the entire time - I also think there were tall tables that did not have chairs but a place to set your drink and food. The plates also had a cut out to hold the wine glass while you walked around.

as far as the concert - I don' t know if it is required but that is where we checked in at and then a big group walked over to the party.

Robert P
08-07-2006, 12:35 PM
concert seating is a 'perk', and is optional

Flitter
08-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Not going to the concert will improve your chances of getting a seat at the party.

Eeyore2003
08-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks, we are not really interested in the concert, and I was wondering if we could just go to the party and if we went earlier there was a better chance we'd get a seat. Anyway, that's what I was kind of thinking.

Becky

parrotheadlois
08-21-2006, 09:22 PM
I don't see how going to the concert would better your chances of getting a seat. I would go to the concert, check in and get your bracelet. Then, go wait by the venue so when the doors open, you'll be there. We were there in 2005 and 2004 and that's how it worked. That being said, we did go to the concerts and when it was over, walked (quickly) over to the venue and both years had no problem getting a little table to serve as "home base" so we could venture out and get the (delicious!!!) food.

gismo1554
08-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Went last year to the concert and the food and didn't have a problem at all! They say its limited because there probably arent enough tables for one per party but we wandered for ages and loads of the large tables were still empty or had two people on you can share.

Going this year to the concert as its Survivor and really want to see them (last year was Edgar Winter when we went and he wasn't worth seeing)

betterlatethannever
08-22-2006, 03:29 PM
...and loads of the large tables were still empty or had two people on you can share...

Those two people were GUARDING the table until the others returned :teeth:

There are definitely not enough seats for all the guests. We have gone since it was in the Odessey and was called Grand Tastings (or something like that) and have never had a seat at a table. We just use the tall tables for two minutes and move on. But in recent years people are claiming the tall tables as their own.

Actually, you do more walking if you have a table because you need to walk back to the table with the food. Whereas, going to the closest tall table saves walking. Of couse you are on your feet for hours.

Ed

1000th happy haunt
08-22-2006, 03:33 PM
I believe the intention of Party for the Senses is to walk around and mingle. That's why seating is limited.

parrotheadlois
08-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Yes, that's true. But I'm not a very neat eater, eating at a table works out better for me. We find that the early people leave and other people come later, so seating isn't really a problem. We also like to take notes on what we've eaten and where our next food and wine should come from. :thumbsup2 Everybody has their own "plan" and it seems to work!

DVCconvert
08-22-2006, 07:29 PM
You do not have to attend the concert. If you don't, you'll be allowed in before the +/- 1000 concert attendee's. There will be seating for several hundred in side -- but as others have pointed out, it's more a mingle and munch event.

HTH

gismo1554
08-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Also are they actually having tables this year as I was informed it was cocktail tables only when I booked? I know last year they had a mixture of both cocktail standing tables and large tables.