PDA

View Full Version : Disney Character Outlet in Las Vegas review?

kaze1sd
08-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Hello fellow DIS'ers!

I was just wondering if anybody has had the experience of going to the Disney Character Outlet in Las Vegas? How are the prices? Are they really bargain prices and older clearance merchandise or are they the same Disney Store prices and merchandise that you would find at the local mall?

I also heard that there is/was one in Barstow. Again, any experience shared would be greatly appreciated.

I am planning to go to Vegas (and Barstow) in a couple weeks and would like to stop at the Disney outlets if they are worth the money.

:thanks: Thanks in advance for the advice!

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else but I can't search "character outlet" without getting a 504 error. :badpc:

Pooh_Friend#1
08-07-2006, 09:44 AM
I just got back from Las Vegas last night and didn't even know this store existed. Where is located at? On the strip?

justkeepswimmin
08-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Hi! I lived in Vegas and the one I went to there wasn't really an outlet for Disney Store type merchandise. It was actually an outlet for Disneyland themepark type items. Lots of older items that still had the Disneyland Resort tags on them but were at reduced prices. I think it is hit or miss but they did have lots of t shirts and sweatshirts from the parks.

The outlet I am referring to is on Las Vegas BLVD South, about where the 15/215 meet. The store is NOT in the main outlet building but rather in one of the annex buildings on property. You actually sort of drive right up to it and walk right in.

I haven't been there recently so location and merchandising could have changed but it is definitely worth a look.

Straitlover
08-07-2006, 10:57 AM
I went there in Sept 05. It is mainly Disneyland stuff, although they have soem just Disney items (no WDW stuff). They had some cute plushes/beanies/etc. Those were maybe just a little cheaper than the parks/TDS. The other stuff (shirts, pajamas, etc) were cheaper. I didn't buy anything because they had nothing I was dying to have; luggage space was almost maxed out, so I had to love soemthig to buy it!

It's not an attractive store, but that's why they can sell the stuff cheaper. It was just rows of flat tables, some shelves and maybe a few rolling racks. Floor was concrete. Reminded me of the Character Clearance store they had at the LBV Outlet at Orlando. It's no frills! There was no sign over the store that I remember, just paper signs in the window, so you have to look for it.

CindyKansas
08-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I was just there last month, like Straightlover said, it's a NO FRILLS store. The only thing we purchased was a Disneyland 50th T-shirt.

kaze1sd
08-07-2006, 02:25 PM
I am sort of glad to hear that it is indeed cheaper than at the parks... in this case DL and DCA. I am a huge DL and DCA fan (primarily because I have never been to WDW and its in close proximity to SD, CA) so I am fine with the merchandise being just that.

I really was just looking to see if it was indeed cheap (or cheaper) Disney stuff than you can get in general.

Thanks so much!

utahkennedys
08-07-2006, 02:37 PM
We were there in July and I liked it. It is merchandise from DL & DCA, and I got DD4 a darling embroidered hooded sweatshirt for $11 from $40. They had lots of good prices I thought, but not everything was a bargain. It seems to be the type of place that is good when you hit it right.