PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Disney Costumes @ DL

Misskitty3
08-06-2006, 05:25 PM
We are going to DL on November 1st. Since DD is going to be Minnie Mouse for Halloween, I am wondering if I should bring along her costume. Are there places that kids where their costumes such as at Character Breakfasts etc?

stagemomx3
08-06-2006, 05:30 PM
I saw some kids in costumes walking around the parks in June. I know that no one over the age of 9 is allowed to wear costumes in the park. The exception being Mickey's Halloween Treat in DCA. I think it would depend on how comfortable it is for her and if she wants to or not. It certainly would be cute.

We'll be in Disneyland on November 1st as well! :woohoo:

minnietoo
08-06-2006, 06:33 PM
little girls (and some boys) are seen daily - in large numbers wearing their princess outfits (boys dress as pirates or peter pan etc) - no masks

DL is THE place to wear your disney princess outfit (or boy outfit) princess:

Brooklyn
08-07-2006, 03:44 AM
you should absolutly bringthe costumes, there are so many kids everyday dressed up there! I was not aware that the cut off for wearing costumes was as young as 9. I know families with girls older then 9 that wear costumes there.

Your DD might be disappointed that you do not have the costume with you when she sees all of the other children with them on.

It is getting more common then not for the little ones to wear costumes.

stagemomx3
08-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Anyone on an adult ticket 10 and older is not allowed to wear a costume in the park. That's the rule, now how strict they are on enforcing it I don't know.

disneegrl4eva
08-07-2006, 07:53 PM
princess: oh my word...my gd has one for every day we are there and then some...I would be thrashed with a wet noodle if I didnt take her costumes...we have to have them all hanging on the luggage rack to carry them inside :teeth:

PrincessSitka
08-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Brooklny what a beautiful picture of snow white and your little girl. I have taken my girls in their priness outfits. They love to dress up.

lworts
08-07-2006, 10:05 PM
My daughters both dressed in costume at DL. My one dd wore her Tinkerbell costume 3 times! My other dd was just too hot. I saw some girls dressed as Minnie Mouse and they looked ADORABLE! I would bring the costume, and if she doesnt end up wearing it, no big deal, but I am sure she will want to, especially when she sees all the other girly princesses roaming around!

Shelebeen
08-08-2006, 10:45 AM
My daughter wore her Princess dresses daily, and my son his Captain Hook costume... it was great..they loved it and all the CM's paid extra special attention to them when they did.

Aurora1959
08-08-2006, 12:37 PM
OK - I don't know about people over 10 wearing costumes, but our familiy always wears the same shirt, and same color bottoms. That way i can spot them in the crowd.

One year - it was right after the Incredibles hit the theater, I bought us all the red Incredibles shirts, with black pants. We were also perfect because my niece (black straight hair) came along too. So we had the whole family. We were as a group being stopped by characters. The kids who were 9, 7, and 6, loved it. They will never forget it. This was also so soon after the movie, that the Incredibles hadn't hit the park yet. So other guests were actually making comments. talk about bolstering some kids egos.

Anyway - it's something to consider. You can add a little magic yourselves with just a t-shirt. They are asking if we can be pirates for our next trip. For some reason - I don't think I feel like wearing a corset :)