PDA

View Full Version : Vacumn Cleaner Advice For Ceramic and Brick Floors

DVC Sadie
08-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I need to purchase a new vacumn cleaner which would do a great job on uneven ceramic tile floors and inlaid brick flooring. Any suggestions? TIA!

snappy
08-06-2006, 11:54 AM
I can give only negative advice, don't get the ORECK upright. Some of our kitchen tiles are uneven, and a piece on the bottom on my ORECK kept coming off and had to be replaced.

I have been using my mom's ORECK cannister and it is fine. I just don't care for cannister's.

I need another vacuum too. I was thinking of the Dyson but I prefer to throw my dirt away in a bag.

Anyone else know of a good vacuum for uneven floors?

rockyroad
08-06-2006, 12:00 PM
I keep a smallish shop vac for use in the house in addition to an upright for carpet.

Then, I am ready if there is a spill or an overflow, I'm ready.

jessica52877
08-06-2006, 12:42 PM
I would for sure go with a canister vac that has a nice attachment for floors like that. We have a kenmore and I love it, we have ceramic tile in the basement and it does a great job either with the regular attachment or even better with the one suited for the job (comes with the vacuum).

Before the kenmore I have always owned an electolux canister (well my parents) and love those too. They just aren't quite what they used to be, although neither is the price.

DVC Sadie
08-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks you all for the feedback!

I have a Kenmore canister that has seen better days so I just may replace it with another one. The only downside is that it is so heavy that I will need my dh to move it up and down the stairs once a week to vacumn the carpets up there. I do my kitchen and living areas daily.

DaisyLynn
08-06-2006, 07:28 PM
We also have a shopvac that we use on our stone tile in kitchen and entryway. Works GREAT! :thumbsup2 Our house is in the middle of a remodel and it's necessary for us right now.

We also have an upright, but I can't for the life of me remember the brand (DBF picked it up). It works OK on the tile in a pinch, but not near as good and QUICK as the shopvac. :thumbsup2