PDA

View Full Version : October Hours - They are here!

Sherlee
08-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Is anyone else frustrated that these hours and entertainment schedules have not been released yet? Or am I just too used to WDW where you get to plan months in advance?

They are now up on the Disneyland website through December!!! :sunny:

stagemomx3
08-06-2006, 11:54 AM
I've been checking daily for them! I'm just hopeful that October, November, and December are all going to go up at once.

Sherlee
08-06-2006, 02:02 PM
I called guest services three times last week and was told by three different CM's: 1) by the end of the week (being last Friday), 2) this Monday, and 3) end of the month.

Does anyone have any touring plan advice? When we were there in 2003, we did the whole S. California thing. This time it is Disney and Disney, only. We arrive on a Wednesday night, will do DL on Thursday (DD must do Space Mountain first) and have tickets for Mickey's Halloween Treat on Sunday night. That is the only thing set for now.

POOH&PIGLET
08-07-2006, 07:20 AM
I'll be pretty happy when they come out! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

imjen
08-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I'm getting a little impatient myself. I guess it's taking longer than usual b/c there are going to be some changes made after the 50th ends. But they sure are taking their sweet time! :confused3 I will be very happy when it's posted. :yay:

mystic_path
08-07-2006, 10:55 PM
http://www.family-vacation-getaways-at-los-angeles-theme-parks.com/Disneyland-Hours.html

4orm
08-08-2006, 09:39 AM
how reliable are these hours?

4orm
08-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Hey! How'd I get color? I love the pink!!!!!

POOH&PIGLET
08-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Still nothing! :confused3

Sherlee
08-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Guest Services now told me NO hours until September 1! I just can't get excited for this trip and I want to go back to WDW! DL experts, PLEASE get me enthused for my DL trip! THANK YOU!

KatelynnsAuntie
08-11-2006, 04:25 PM
I check every day. :sad2:

POOH&PIGLET
08-14-2006, 07:25 AM
:furious:

ScooterL
08-14-2006, 11:41 AM
I just can't get excited for this trip and I want to go back to WDW! DL experts, PLEASE get me enthused for my DL trip! THANK YOU!

Disneyland! It's Walt's park - the only Disney park that Walt actually walked around in.

There's many new things since your visit in 2003 - like the new Space Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear and Winnie the Pooh, plus the revamped Pirates of the Caribbean! And the park is so "neat and pretty" with all of the decorations they did for the 50th - hopefully they won't pull those down too fast. And you'll be able to see this year's edition of Haunted Mansion Holiday, plus you'll be attending Mickey's Halloween treat, and that was a really fun party last year - I'm sure it will be even better this year!

How's that? :-)

Laura

stagemomx3
08-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Guest Services now told me NO hours until September 1! I just can't get excited for this trip and I want to go back to WDW! DL experts, PLEASE get me enthused for my DL trip! THANK YOU!

Positive for no hours posted yet-

New entertainment is being planned :stir:

Sherlee
08-14-2006, 02:10 PM
ScooterL, Thank You! That is the positive reinforcement that I need! I am also excited for Big Thunder and Splash Mountain, both of which were closed last time we were there and Monsters Inc. and Tower of Terror, which were not open yet. I know we will have a great time! I am really looking forward to Mickey's Halloween Treat, too! I am a compulsive Disney trip planner and I am starting to think that this is a sign that it is time to take a "stop and smell the roses" type of trip.

disney-super-mom
08-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Positive for no hours posted yet-

New entertainment is being planned :stir:
I think you're correct. :thumbsup2
Most likely it's entertainment for Disney's themeparks new promotion "Year of A Million Dreams". :wizard:

stagemomx3
08-14-2006, 04:01 PM
I know we will have a great time! I am really looking forward to Mickey's Halloween Treat, too! I am a compulsive Disney trip planner and I am starting to think that this is a sign that it is time to take a "stop and smell the roses" type of trip.

That is what this trip is suppose to be for us too! Since we just went in June, this time we really want to explore Main Street and all the extra touches and not just race from ride to ride, and event to event. Thanks for reminding me I need to remember that!

POOH&PIGLET
08-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Hey only 9 more days until the October hours come out! :cool1: :dance3: :yay: :rolleyes2 :scared1: :hyper: :duck: :tongue: :rockband:
Or so I've heard.

Alex2kMommy
08-23-2006, 10:18 AM
It's very strange that the hours aren't listed yet! Several of us were whining a month or two back that the September information wasn't up yet; it gave only the park hours, no activities. So why not post those for October as it's nearly September???

I'm sure your patience will be rewarded very soon, just hang in there!

MATTERHORN
08-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Not long now! Let's hope it's because they have some fabulous new Halloween events in store for us that will be worth the wait!!!

Andrea

Sherlee
08-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Well, I went ahead and made all of my dining reservations. Let's hope it all works out! I was surprised, right at 60 days out the times were already limited for Ariel's Grotto for dinner. It was 6:00 pm or 7:10 pm. I went with 6:00 pm. I hope that is enough time to get there from the Block Party Bash.

4orm
08-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Still waiting somewhat patiently

smilingmouse
08-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Add me in to the still waiting group.....

mystic_path
08-24-2006, 02:41 AM
I wish Pokey Dwarf would just hurry up with the schedual. Im so anxious!!!! :woohoo:

Niele
08-24-2006, 02:43 PM
I know how you all feel. I'm a compulsive planner and I can't wait to see what's happening in December. Anyone know when that information will come out?

Iggipolka
08-24-2006, 05:26 PM
I just called Disney Reservations and they don't have the schedule yet. I asked about the fireworks, and the CM said that she didn't think that they would be having ANY fireworks in October!
Certainly that can't be correct! I know that the 50th fireworks show will be over, but I would think that they would replace it with something.

TheZue
08-24-2006, 05:37 PM
I just called Disney Reservations and they don't have the schedule yet. I asked about the fireworks, and the CM said that she didn't think that they would be having ANY fireworks in October!
Certainly that can't be correct! I know that the 50th fireworks show will be over, but I would think that they would replace it with something.

Were there fireworks last time they fixed up the castle? Hopefully the removal of decorations and the painting doesn't get rid of fire works. I was really hoping they'd be going right through october so all the locals don't come to see them one last time while we are there. :sad2:

mystic_path
08-24-2006, 05:43 PM

If the Disney Reservations dont even know about the firworks then the CM is probably just basing her theories on her opinion of whats going to happen come October.

But since theres only 7 days left in August. The schedual has to be up within the next few days. People have to plan ahead and Disney knows this, or its money lost outa their pockets

Alex2kMommy
08-25-2006, 12:13 AM
I was told (though this was months ago) that even though the official end of the 50th was Oct. 2nd, that merely meant the decorations were coming down; the parades and fireworks would continue through the end of the year. I'm hoping this is true!

I agree with Iggipolka, surely they would have some sort of fireworks even if they ended the 50th version? Have they ever NOT had fireworks? :confused3

krismom
08-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Well, I went ahead and made all of my dining reservations. Let's hope it all works out! I was surprised, right at 60 days out the times were already limited for Ariel's Grotto for dinner. It was 6:00 pm or 7:10 pm. I went with 6:00 pm. I hope that is enough time to get there from the Block Party Bash.

what time are you guessing Block Party Bash is going to be? I'd trying to plan the same thing...

Alex2kMommy
08-25-2006, 10:16 AM
In September the Block Party Bash starts at 5:15. I don't know if they will change the time as it gets darker earlier in the day...

POOH&PIGLET
08-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Seems like old news - Still no hours but the entertainment schedule is up.

Hollyster2
08-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Any day now! It is so hard to wait! :bounce:

Sherlee
09-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Let the final planning begin!

CaliforniaDreamin
09-02-2006, 09:13 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! :cool1:

Twinprincesses
09-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Its about time!!!!

kjhgarden
09-02-2006, 10:44 AM
I am so glad they are finally posted. :yay: Wow, both Friday and Saturdays 8 to 12 I guess they expect crowds just like I figured. We will go on Friday since the hours are the same even though no Fantasmic.

mystic_path
09-02-2006, 11:31 AM
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: They are up! They are up! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GhostlyHitchhiker
09-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Did anyone else notice the hours don't seem to be correct some of the Mickey's Halloween Treat DCA nights?

We have tickets for MHT for Monday, October 30th and Disneyland's site says CA is supposed to be open until 8pm. Since the Halloween Treat is supposed to begin at 6:30 that night I'm guessing DCA isn't really open to the general public until 8pm.

It also says the same thing on October 26th & 31st as well. (All the days the Halloween Treat are supposed to begin at 6:30pm.)

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up. :)

Iggipolka
09-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Did anyone else notice the hours don't seem to be correct some of the Mickey's Halloween Treat DCA nights?

I noticed that too. We have tickets for MHT on October 21st, but the schedule says that the hours at DCA are from 10:00 - 9:00pm. Since MHT starts at 7:30pm, they will probably correct the times eventually.