View Full Version : Few general questions
08-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Leaving on the 1st September to spend just over 2 weeks in Califorina.
1) Is space mountain a roller coaster like the Paris one or a bit more sedate? as the pictures I've seen, I can't see any restraints, does this one actualy have any loops / inversions?
2) Any good or bad days to vist around the first week in September?
3) Is the Blue Bayou inside the Pirates of the Caribbean like in Paris?
4) Any good discounts for tickets avalible?
08-06-2006, 10:26 AM
1. I've not been to Disney Paris, but SM at DL does not have any loops or inversions.
2. Mon. Sept 4th is a national holiday (Labor Day) so the crowds will be huge. Likely the Fri-Sun leading up to it will be packed too. After that, it shouldn't be bad. :)
3. BB is inside Pirates, just like in Paris. :)
4. I think that depends on how you are arranging your trip. www.getawaytoday.com has nice packages, including discounts on hotels, character dining and tickets. You can order directly through disney travel too and get the tickets cheaper than gate prices.
08-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Watch the park schedule -when extended hours are gone - they expect the crowds to diminish - that's when most schools are back in session and the tourists have greatly decreased. The first week of Septemeber is still busy - until labor day. I can't post urls yet (too new) - but visit the scottware web page for attendance trends.
However, with that said, I don't think the summer crowds this year are that bad - it gets busier mid day - but they seem lighter than in past years. And the ride lines are not that long. On Memorial weekend - we could walk right onto the elevator of haunted mansion - and pirates line was only 1 hour when it was clear to the main street flags - and has been about 20 minutes all other times.
Also be aware that September traditionally is our hottest month. But with the things that we've already experienced this year - it is all a crap shoot.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.