PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Dining Plan Released

taylorl25
08-06-2006, 07:11 AM
The package details are now available on the Disney Website.
Almost the same as last year but Room service is listed on the restaurant locations and Coronado Springs will no longer accept the dining plan.

I'm a bit gutted about Coronado as we are staying there in January and like the convenience of using CS for breakfast at the foodcourt.

Rootskate
08-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Where did you click on the Disney website? I can't find the info. It still says to call for dates in 2007?

n2mm
08-06-2006, 07:15 AM
The package details are now available on the Disney Website.
Almost the same as last year but Room service is listed on the restaurant locations and Coronado Springs will no longer accept the dining plan.

I'm a bit gutted about Coronado as we are staying there in January and like the convenience of using CS for breakfast at the foodcourt.

When you said Cs will no longer accept the dining plan, do you mean the pepper market or Maya grill or both?

taylorl25
08-06-2006, 07:23 AM
Both. It's under tickets and reservations.

I couldn't find it at first either but I searched for Dining plan and it showed 2006 and 2007 packages.

It appears that half of epcot world showcase has left the dining plan, Alfredos, Chefs, Tangerine cafe are all missing.

I don't know how to do a link but here's the address

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/07Dining.pdf

Rootskate
08-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Thanks! :)

taylorl25
08-06-2006, 07:28 AM
The link worked, but I've just noticed the only place in Downtown disney that is still is accepting the DP is Captain Jacks?!

That's really disappointing. I was planning on eating at Wolfgangs and Earl of Sandwich.

Rootskate
08-06-2006, 07:37 AM
Yeah, im a little disappointed about Coronado Springs not accepting it anymore, either. That is where we were planning to stay.

paulh
08-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Wow i carnt belive thet only one place at DD.We were looking at paying for it next year(on free plan this year).Now as most of the DD options have gone will give it a miss
Paulh

n2mm
08-06-2006, 07:43 AM
WOW....this is big news, unless there are typos. I counted only 6 TS at EPCOT and 2 are in future world (Coral Reef and the Land). Only 4 TS restraurants in WS.....wow. And not even CS for most countries either. I saw Canda, Germany, Norway, and UK as TS. I can't believe they dropped CSR--that is unbelieveable and incredibily disappointing if you are staying at that resort. I can see it now, order the DDP and by the way, you can't use it where you're staying. Do you think that is just a mistake?

bicker
08-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Well, we saw some of this coming: Chefs de France. That's a shame. It's good, though, that Le Cellier and Coral Reef are still on the list. I'm not sure I understand Tangierine Cafe being off the list. Maybe they're figuring that they'll be able to survive on just the people who are avoiding Dining Plan eateries. :confused3

It should be noted that Page 5 is back.

taylorl25
08-06-2006, 07:49 AM
I'm really hoping it is a mistake but it appears all the restaurants that aren't owned by Disney have dropped the plan, I assume they weren't making enough money.

I now need to think whether to change from coronado and how much it will cost me to change resorts (I booked through a TA).

paulh
08-06-2006, 07:53 AM
I know coranardo springs food court is opperated by an outside firm this may account for them dropping from the list
Paulh

tabrizia
08-06-2006, 08:03 AM
I looked at the list, and if it stays the same for 2008 we will probably get the dining plan again and just pay OOP for the 2 meals or so we would want that are no longer covered. However, if they lose more restaraunts by then, then we are unlikely to get the plan, since I would no longer fit our needs. I don't mind paying OOP for two meals and doing 2TS meals instead, but anymore then that and it no longer seems worth the trouble to me, it would probably just be easier to get an AP and the discount card from there.

It is possible that not all the restaraunts have finished negotiations with Disney, so it maybe a rough draft still and some of the non-Disney owned restaraunts may be readded, but I am not holding my breath. It definately looks like all the non-Disney restaraunts went, "This isn't a good deal for us, see ya." though.

bicker
08-06-2006, 08:18 AM
The restauants that are gone appear to all be the non-Disney owned restaurants, so I wouldn't expect more departures next year, since I believe all the restauants that are left are owned by Disney.

I wonder if the restaurants no longer listed opted out of the plan, or did Disney decide that only their own restaurants should benefit from the plan.

paulh
08-06-2006, 08:18 AM
we have gone througth the list and it looks like 34 places droped from package
Paulh

n2mm
08-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Has it occurred to anyone how difficult it is going to be NOW to get into the places that will be accepting the DDP. As it is you can hardly get into LeCell and Coral Reef calling early. Looks like 180 days will be a big deal now. I'll be on the phone tomorrow or even today for my February trip.

justplaingoofy
08-06-2006, 08:25 AM
WOW!! can't believe all the places that are not offered.. Especially in Epcot..

No more Mexico, etc!! I think with so many less restaurants offering the dining plan in Epcot, adr's will be even harder to get!

bicker
08-06-2006, 08:33 AM
I just went over the whole list. I'm posting the diffs to the Sticky Thread.

I'm betting that these restaurants didn't leave the Dining Plan voluntarily.

yearbook50
08-06-2006, 08:41 AM
I just went over the whole list. I'm posting the diffs to the Sticky Thread.

I'm betting that these restaurants didn't leave the Dining Plan voluntarily.
I think some of them did. Doesn't Disney give them a set amount of for each meal? Thus it would be mostly a loss at some of the TS in Epcot, especially with people trying to Maximize their meals.

bicker
08-06-2006, 08:48 AM
I'm sure some of them would have pulled out themselves, but this seems much to consistent for that to be the whole story.

Merriwind
08-06-2006, 08:51 AM
I think some of them did. Doesn't Disney give them a set amount of for each meal? Thus it would be mostly a loss at some of the TS in Epcot, especially with people trying to Maximize their meals.

That's what I'm thinking too. IIRC, non-Disney restaurants were getting a pretty paltry amount for each credit redeemed there to begin with. (I don't remember exactly how much.) Even without people sharing credits and trying to squeeze every penny out of the DDP, I remember thinking that those restaurants were getting the short end of the stick.

Maybe they tried to bargain with Disney as a whole and were told forget it, or they all decided that they just couldn't make it on the little money they were getting per credit.

I think that the remaining DDP restaurants, especially in Epcot are going to be very difficult to get into. I'm bummed, because we love Germany and usually find it not too difficult to get into, even last minute. Although it won't appeal to the bang for the buck/credit crowd, so maybe it won't get too popular. We really like Marrakesh and Chefs though too and those should be emptier. Just thinking aloud...

FionaLovesShrek
08-06-2006, 08:53 AM
I agree with Bicker. Even with people trying to maximize the DP the restaurants still made money because the seats were packed. Without the DP, these restaurants will no longer be booked to capacity. For all non-Disney owned restaurants to be dropped from the DP?..that was a Disney move.

bicker
08-06-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm bummed, because we love Germany and usually find it not too difficult to get into, even last minute.I think though that you hit on why Disney probably did this, Merriwind: If this makes it more difficult to get into Biergarten at the last minute, then it is a big win for Disney.

Merriwind
08-06-2006, 09:03 AM
I think though that you hit on why Disney probably did this, Merriwind: If this makes it more difficult to get into Biergarten at the last minute, then it is a big win for Disney.

Of course you're correct, but I was only considering my personal situation. A win for Disney doesn't necessarily mean a win for me, KWIM?

bicker
08-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Absolutely! :thumbsup2

disneyjunkie
08-06-2006, 09:13 AM
I just checked the other thread. Thanks for posting the changes Bicker. :thumbsup2

It looks like I'll only have to pay for one of our Epcot meals. (Nine Dragons)

Since we tend to 99% of our meals at Disney owned restaurants, the changes won't have a big impact on us.

newholidayx2
08-06-2006, 09:42 AM
We're only getting the DP for our 3nights at AKL next week. We have dinners at Chefs, Boma and Teppenyaki. Planning on CS at Pepper Market. Glad we'll get to try them now.

Did not add the DP for our other 12 days - have the DDE card.

sigillaria
08-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern is LUNCH only.

taylorl25
08-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Dinner at LTT is still on the plan, it's under 'Goofys liberate your appetite'.

Amyrlin
08-06-2006, 10:04 AM
LTT is both lunch and dinner, they are listed separately, same with CRT breakfast lunch and dinner all listed individually, I expect this makes it look more with all the restaurants that have dropped out.

They have done this with others as well, 'Ohana, H&V and 1900 park fare to name a few.

With that many non Disney owned restaurants dropping out (but not all, e.g R&C), I am wondering if they acted together to try and up the level of income they were given, or if was simply too little profit on that allowance. ie less tables with non DDO would still equate to a better profit than more tables with a less per head income.

Only 3 in world showcase accpeting DPP now, Biergarten, Le Cellier and Rose and Crown.

JoiseyMom
08-06-2006, 10:06 AM
I am so sure this 2007 plan is going to have so many changes between now and 2007!! These restaurants will be in negotiations with Disney from now until then. I have a feeling decisions will be made, if they see they are getting less ADR's made ahead of time. And I am sure if the non-participating restaurants feel they can still make money accepting DDP they will, if not then people on DDP will be paying OOP, and people not on DDP will be eating there.

It will be interesting to watch develop :).

3princesses4us
08-06-2006, 10:08 AM
This doesn't affect our 2006 trip though right? We have Wolfgang Puck's Cafe planned for our anniversary!
Also, I noticed on the Grand Gathering part, it says the Safari Celebration dinner is at AK theme park. Wasn't it usually at Jiko? Has this changed too?

DebbieB
08-06-2006, 10:13 AM
I noticed the new brochure has separate charts for adults and children (same amount of credits), 2006 was combined. Under the Q & A, it specifically says child credits cannot be used by adults. So it looks like they will be enforcing this more closely.

bicker
08-06-2006, 10:15 AM
LTT is both lunch and dinner, they are listed separately, same with CRT breakfast lunch and dinner all listed individually, I expect this makes it look more with all the restaurants that have dropped out. LTT is listed in the exact same way in the 2007 brochure as it was listed in the 2006 brochure. (My list was the result of a text-compare program, so if there were any changes it would have noted them. As a matter of fact, I think it masked something: It showed a change from Big River Grill to BoardWalk Joe's, but I think that's an ADD and a REMOVE, not a CHANGE.)

They have done this with others as well, 'Ohana, H&V and 1900 park fare to name a few. Again, that's the way they were listed last year, as well.

n2mm
08-06-2006, 10:30 AM
LTT is both lunch and dinner, they are listed separately, same with CRT breakfast lunch and dinner all listed individually, I expect this makes it look more with all the restaurants that have dropped out.

They have done this with others as well, 'Ohana, H&V and 1900 park fare to name a few.

With that many non Disney owned restaurants dropping out (but not all, e.g R&C), I am wondering if they acted together to try and up the level of income they were given, or if was simply too little profit on that allowance. ie less tables with non DDO would still equate to a better profit than more tables with a less per head income.

Only 3 in world showcase accpeting DPP now, Biergarten, Le Cellier and Rose and Crown.

I think Norway too. It's listed as character thing. What I noticed was also the lack of CS in world showcase. These places couldn't be losing that much money as the prices were pretty comparable to other CS places in WDW.

faindrops27
08-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Does this effect my september trip? When does this go into affect? In Jan right?

disneyjunkie
08-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Does this effect my september trip? When does this go into affect? In Jan right?

You're fine

I wonder how this will impact the CP packages next Christmas?:confused3

Lizziejane
08-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Someone at Disney needs to plan better! They should have released these details BEFORE the 180-day window opened for January. I'm now going to be phoning and changing ADR's, but like someone else has already mentioned, Epcot changes will have to be made quickly, as the available participants will likely book up much quicker.

Good thing the weather is awful today, and I have nothing else to do!

Luv2Roam
08-06-2006, 11:06 AM
I think the restaurants not accepting DDP will still be full, or nearly. Maybe not over booked as they probably are now.
And even if they are not 100% booked up, without the DDP they may be making the same $ as being 100% booked with the DDP.
Just from what I read on this board I can easily see why the DDP may be more headache than it is worth to some restaurants. Chefs can pack guests in without the DDP.
If they have guests who pay full price, or even just 20% off, why accept guests where they only get a set amount almost no matter what is ordered?
I am sure the DDP was meant for them to lose on some, break even on others, and be ahead on some diners. (Just as I imagine buffets factor in cost per person.)
When a restaurant gets a lot of guests sharing meals I can easily see it is not beneficial for them to acdept the DDP. They are losing half the revenue at best.
With several restaurants leaving the DDP, that has to say the DDP is not worth it to the restaurant.
As others noted, maybe Disney and some restaurants are still in working over contracts. :confused3

Nik's Mom
08-06-2006, 11:11 AM
We just booked our May dining package today. Boy, am I glad we picked CBR over Coronado. I would be pretty disappointed to find out that I can't use the dining plan on the hotel that I am staying at.

n2mm
08-06-2006, 11:17 AM
We just booked our May dining package today. Boy, am I glad we picked CBR over Coronado. I would be pretty disappointed to find out that I can't use the dining plan on the hotel that I am staying at.

That would be a bummer wouldn't it. I am hoping this is just an error or that they are still negotiating. It would be very disappointing for CSR guests using the ddp. Hopefully CRO will tell guest booking CSR and purchasing the ddp, but somehow don't think that will happen. If this is true and CSR is excluded from the ddp, it will, like you, affect which moderates folks choose. I will be eating at Maya Grill next week, so will ask around and see if I can find out why....though most of us agree, it does have something to do with not being owned by Disney.

oldhag
08-06-2006, 11:38 AM
We're booked for this October with the DDP plan (we paid for it) .. is there any way we'll get :blush: screwed (sorry) this year with all the changes next year? They won't try to sneak anything in early will they? :sad2:

Trev's mom
08-06-2006, 12:15 PM
I feel lucky that we are getting the last days of Downtown Disney dining. We will be at WPC on NYE. I hope they don't make changes early.

Look at the Dinner show section. It states that seating is available for Category 2 & 3 only. Does that mean that you have to sit in the back even if you call in at 180 days?

It is also funny that the FAQ states the children's menu offers healthy options in addition to the favorites. It would be nice to have a difference between the lunch menu and the dinner but most times it's the same....just the healthy chicken nuggets, burger or hot dog......

So sad that Epcot options were cut in half. I think I need to make some changes to our ADR's now because I may never get to some of these places OOP.

It was different when we were on the "Free" dining plan but I'm paying now. Who knows, maybe we won't do this again.....

kaytieeldr
08-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Someone at Disney needs to plan better! They should have released these details BEFORE the 180-day window opened for January. I'm now going to be phoning and changing ADR's, but like someone else has already mentioned, Epcot changes will have to be made quickly, as the available participants will likely book up much quicker.

Good thing the weather is awful today, and I have nothing else to do!
Hoping you recheck this thread BEFORE you change your ADRs...
The newly-published Dining Plan restaurants are for 2007, your upcoming plans are not affected.

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-06-2006, 12:48 PM
i think we're still good for next year, but thanks for the info!!

dementia412
08-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Honestly this plan is far less of a deal as it stands so I hope they change things. I can see many more available rooms at Coronado if they don't add something back in... I mean all the other places got room service added, but Coronado doesn't even have that listed!! I'm depressed that they took off Big River Grille and Planet Hoolywood, and I can see eating at Epcot and Downtown Disney will be a huge headache unless your willing to pay OOP after already paying for the DDP... and that makes no sense, financialy speaking. In fact I have bee toying with not going to Epcot at all because it doesn't seem like it has much I'm interested in, and now that they took all all those dining places it makes me less likely to go.

dementia412
08-06-2006, 12:58 PM
oh yeah, and I checked... the Safari thing was listed the same way for the 2006 DDP

JimMIA
08-06-2006, 12:59 PM
I guess we'll just book our May trip and see what the DDP locations look like at 180 days. We certainly won't buy it as it stands now; we'll just use DDE for a few meals and eat the rest offsite.

Fortunately it won't affect our November trip.

Allison
08-06-2006, 01:13 PM
The newly-published Dining Plan restaurants are for 2007, your upcoming plans are not affected.

You are confusing me. The poster said they were going in January so their plans would be affected.

tinkerbell1967
08-06-2006, 01:29 PM
I noticed that the snacks are still listed like the ice cream bar, popcorn, bottle of soda etc. They don't mention the items under $4.00 like some have said. Anyone know if this is true as far as being able to get up to the $4.00 snack items.

bluejasmine
08-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Ok just got off the phone with disney dining and was told that if you already had ADRs with TS restaurants that have been removed your fine. I asked about WPE he said its on the plan for now but that the Cantina in Mexico(my fave) has been removed! I thought the changed wouldnt go into affect until Jan! Im calling back and seeing if I can get someone else!

Ok I did call back and got someone else. She said that all the restaurants listed on the 2006 plan are good thru Dec. The other CM was wrong. The only ones safe in 2007 is if you already had an ADR for a TS that has been removed prior to the release of the 2007 plan.

Personally I think the new changes SUCK (excuse my language) we loved eatting in EP and they took so much of it away and now there isnt anything in DTD either! I am very dissapointed about WPE in DTD so glad we will be able to enjoy it later this month on the DDP tho..

hyland684
08-06-2006, 01:43 PM
FI and I were going to use the DDP for our honeymoon in May 07 but since there aren't as many resutrants offered I think we might ax the idea and just do OOP. :(

bluejasmine
08-06-2006, 01:51 PM
FI and I were going to use the DDP for our honeymoon in May 07 but since there aren't as many resutrants offered I think we might ax the idea and just do OOP. :(
Well I dont like the changes but I would look and see if your TS places are still on there because it still MIGHT be worth it.. I guess you would really have to sit down and do the math..

Kteacher
08-06-2006, 01:55 PM
I know that the disclaimer on the bottom reads " operating hours, menus, entertainment, characters, Disney Dining Plan locations, components and terms are subject to change without notice ", but I would think that the changes would not take effect until January '07. But, then again :confused3

Lewisc
08-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Almost all of the WS restaurants were added in 2005, after the initial brochure was released. My guess is Disney is still negotiating with the other restaurants but needed to get a brochure out NOW. None of us will complain if a subsequent brochure adds restaurants but will complain if a subsequent brochure deletes restaurants.

Restaurants were being paid around $25 but guests were ordering food with a menu price of over $50. Pepper Market was being paid $8-$9 and guests were ordering food that was worth $25 + Sharing guests means restaurants weren't even benefiting from guests who order less expensive items or even skipped an appetizer. Disney may have to decide if guests would rather have limits on the menu as opposed to not having the restaurant participate at all. Restaurants may have to decide if the want to completely gut the menus and become buffet restaurants if they need to participate on Disney's terms.

Without the plan I'd generally skip dessert with a CS meal and would generally at least share dessert and/or appetizer at a TS meal. Using 1 TS credit at a buffet/character meal or 2 credits at a dinner show produces virtually no savings. I can buy soda and water at the Hess station for next to nothing.

Unless something changes I don't think I'd pay for the plan in 2007.

JeanfromBNA
08-06-2006, 02:02 PM

Although I was planning to book the dining plan for our 2007 trip, rather than try to keep up with who accepts what, I think it's better to go OOP.

Alicnwondrln
08-06-2006, 02:19 PM
i am shocked that alfredos is off there
it really will limit adrs i can only imagine how it could be to get good seatings

Alicnwondrln
08-06-2006, 02:21 PM
i see they added room service at the deluxes but it is 2 TS credits

JimMIA
08-06-2006, 02:25 PM
i see they added room service at the deluxes but it is 2 TS credits
Yeah...if I didn't know better, I'd think that was a joke! I'm trying to remember the last time I had room service that was twice as good as going downstairs! :rotfl2:

Alicnwondrln
08-06-2006, 02:30 PM
i agree Jim
i would never use 2 ts for room service
thats not a good deal
very interesting indeed

Lostgirlz
08-06-2006, 02:30 PM
I just booked my final 07 honeymoon package, and I asked them at the package booking about the ddp. She said they just had a meeting last week on the changes and things for 07 and they NEVER mentioned any of these places dropping and a major change like that they would have told them about. The only thing is the dollar increase. She said that marakesh, chef's, and raglen were still on it. I don't know who or what to believe. She said dining may not have updated information since it all was released today so the pendings may not have updated yet. Even japan and tangerine is not on the brochure but she said it just came out so it may have kinks. I don't want to base on unsure things then not get in anywhere else with our ddp. what in the world to do???? :bride: :confused3 :sad2:

bicker
08-06-2006, 02:31 PM
We just booked our May dining package today. Boy, am I glad we picked CBR over Coronado. I would be pretty disappointed to find out that I can't use the dining plan on the hotel that I am staying at.I'm guessing that folks who are already booked at CSR will find Disney very cooperative about moving them to CBR or PO, as long as there is availability. However, folks need to learn about the change soon (which, DIS members are of course blessed with).

bicker
08-06-2006, 02:32 PM
They won't try to sneak anything in early will they? :sad2:The details of the Dining Plan can change at any time. No sneaking necessary. :) I'm sure regardless of what changes occur, you can still have a great time enjoying the Dining Plan as it is provided during the time you visit.

I don't know who or what to believe. She said dining may not have updated information since it all was released today so the pendings may not have updated yet. I would believe that cast member, when she said she may not have updated information.

It is also funny that the FAQ states the children's menu offers healthy options in addition to the favorites. It would be nice to have a difference between the lunch menu and the dinner but most times it's the same....just the healthy chicken nuggets, burger or hot dog......Actually, there are lots of other choices on the children's menus around the parks. I recently posted a pretty lengthy list in another thread.

Alicnwondrln
08-06-2006, 02:32 PM
i know can you imagine getting there and not knowing none of this about the dining

Merriwind
08-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah...if I didn't know better, I'd think that was a joke! I'm trying to remember the last time I had room service that was twice as good as going downstairs! :rotfl2:

Ain't that the truth! :rotfl:

laughingmama
08-06-2006, 02:37 PM
popcorn:: because we're planning to use DDP in 2007

tinkerbell1967
08-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Can someone tell me some the restaurants you noticed that are now off the list???? I tried to look and I can't see the change. Thanks!

Alicnwondrln
08-06-2006, 02:42 PM
if you go to the sticky bicker listed all the changes

taylorl25
08-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Downtown disney now only includes Cap'n'Jacks

Epcot only includes 6TS, most of World Showcase is missing.

Coronado Springs has no restaurants included.

Those are the main changes.

tinkerbell1967
08-06-2006, 02:53 PM
if you go to the sticky bicker listed all the changes

Sorry but what is this!!!

bicker
08-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Here's a link to my message where I listed all the changes in restaurants and eateries:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=13877209&postcount=532

tinkerbell1967
08-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Here's a link to my message where I listed all the changes in restaurants and eateries:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=13877209&postcount=532

Thanks! Definately some changes!

Pixiedust34
08-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Bicker, thanks for the info. about the differences between this year and last year.

I am most disappointed in seeing how many WS restaurants and counter services were dropped from the plan. Does Disney not own most (or all) of those cs locations in the WS? We love The Tangierine!

One more disappointment for me is the bad seating at HDDR. We are hoping to go there in 07. I haven't been to Hoop since I was a kid. Dh & the kids have never been.

I hope that some of the WS restaurants can be added back to the list.

bicker
08-06-2006, 03:11 PM
<snip>

Lostgirlz
08-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I was told just a bit ago they do own those, they also said they owned chef;s, but he could have been menaing marakesh and the others, but I believe he said bith marakesh and chefs were disney owned. I know marakesh he said was for sure. The only one to worry about is raglen cause it's not disney owned nothing in dtd is they said.

dementia412
08-06-2006, 03:23 PM
I noticed that the snacks are still listed like the ice cream bar, popcorn, bottle of soda etc. They don't mention the items under $4.00 like some have said. Anyone know if this is true as far as being able to get up to the $4.00 snack items.

All I know is the old one didn't mention the $4.00 limit either

bicker
08-06-2006, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't put much stock in what the CM said about who-owns-what; that's not really part of their job to know.

DiszyDean
08-06-2006, 03:34 PM
My personal opinion is that you will see a lot of the "pending" establishments end up on the dining plan. Especially those in the theme parks and the resorts. Unless the change was instigated by Disney and not a decision of the resteraunt itself. I think Disney would have a lot more pull with the places in their theme parks and resorts than they would with places in DTD for example.

This is going to obviously cause a lot of angst for the people on the dining plan in 2007 with ADRs already at these pending places. My suggestion would be to keep the ADRs in place until more information is given.

Lizziejane
08-06-2006, 03:35 PM

I know - I made all my ADR's for January 2007 last month, but now some of the restaurants are dropped off the list. It just would have been easier to know in advance what was/wasn't eligible for the pan.

LIFERBABE
08-06-2006, 03:44 PM
I know Akershus is not Disney owned. Is it still on the list?

TDC Nala
08-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Biergarten is still on the list.

Akershus is all character meals, that is probably why it is included. I don't know if the restaurant's ownership or management changed when it went all-character. But I do know that if they'd left a character meal like this one off the DDP, sparks would fly.

Lewisc
08-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I don't know if it's an oversight.

My mistake.

bicker
08-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Gosh, I wish there was a definitive list of who owns each restaurant, because I'm sure that Akershus is a Disney owned restaurant. :confused3

patsal
08-06-2006, 05:00 PM
I wonder if the non-Disney owned restaurants just have not tweeked their contracts. I seem to remember that last year there was some discrepency about who was participating and who was not. We really would not be affected by these changes too much, so no worries from me! The other thing I do that may differ from others is that since I am DVC I break up my ressies so I do not have the DDP for a few of the days so I can eat at non-participating restaurants.

Kteacher
08-06-2006, 05:18 PM
I see CRT listed on pg 4 of '07 DP guide-it's listed under 3 different things underneath the MK Park:

Cinderella's Royal Table ( D ) -2 credits
Once Upon A Time Breakfast At Cinderella's Royal Table ( B ) - 2 credits
A Fairytale Lunch At Cinderella's Royal Table ( L ) - 2 credits

bicker
08-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Similarly, Liberty Tree Tavern is listed separately for lunch and dinner. In both cases, that's the way it was on last year's list as well.

justplaingoofy
08-06-2006, 05:53 PM
The details of the Dining Plan can change at any time. No sneaking necessary. :) I'm sure regardless of what changes occur, you can still have a great time enjoying the Dining Plan as it is provided during the time you visit.

I would believe that cast member, when she said she may not have updated information.

Actually, there are lots of other choices on the children's menus around the parks. I recently posted a pretty lengthy list in another thread.

Hi there MA neighbor... I called disney today to check on an adr for Sept. and she said that Coronado is not off the list. It was an error.. pepper market will still be on the DP...

Thats what I was told anyway.....

HillPete
08-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Hi there MA neighbor... I called disney today to check on an adr for Sept. and she said that Coronado is not off the list. It was an error.. pepper market will still be on the DP...

I just got of the phone with my TA and she just got off the phone with Disney and came up with the same thing. Apparantly, the Coronado thing is a typo. :woohoo: She even had the Disney guy pull up a fake reservations to make sure.

Small relief, but better than none!

--H

dementia412
08-06-2006, 09:18 PM
The fact that Coronado Springs was accidentaly left off the list only strengthens the idea that this was slapped together in order to give people some idea what would be offered, but that things are not settled yet. If this was a well prepared and put together DDP plan I doubt they've left off an entire resort..... makes it seem hurried, like perhaps they really wanted it out by the time the 2007 packages come out (suposed to be Mon or Tue, right).

krissyh
08-06-2006, 09:49 PM

You are going in Sept. 06? The changes go into effect in Jan. 07 - so it wouldn't affect your ADR.
I see a lot of people making reference to "pending" restaurants but have not seen anything from Disney that uses "pending" in reference to any restaurants? Where was this?

I don't believe in taking anything for granted and prefer to assume it will stay as listed and then be "happy" if they add anything back in rather than disappointed when they don't.

One thing that has me curious...has anyone seen a hard copy of the pamphlet? If it only exists online and a hard copy is not yet available - there might me something to the idea of it not being finalized.

Lucky me - my faves are on the list.

english rose 47
08-06-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm making adr's for Planet Hollywood as planned and a back up at Chef Mickeys for same night. Will cancel Mickey if PH on plan before we go also am really nervous about GG adrs with so few Epcot ddp restaurants. Still think ddp worth it without it I know we wouldnt try so many nice restaurants and see so many characters. Thisis a BIG vacation for usand eating so well is justanother part of the magic!!!

savannah2l
08-06-2006, 10:22 PM
I looked over the DDP and the menus of the places we may want to eat I think I will still get the DDP. I think it will still work out just fine for us. We will be going in June 2007.

:banana: :cheer2:

party:

:tink: :dogdance:

Lostgirlz
08-06-2006, 10:39 PM
I asked if I could keep the Ressies I made saturday before this mess happend today and maybe just book a back up ressie at a different time for the same night. I did not use a back up but more like asked if I could keep the ones I had but add 2 More for the same evenings of my other pending ones at a different time. They said you could not make more than one dinner ressie for the same night. I was like Not good cause what if with all this going on you find yourself not being able to use the ddp on the ones I had and then not being able to get in anywhere else. She said you can either take the chance and wait till end of the month or next and check again or call back in december. I said no thank you I don't feel I will have any luck if I wait a few months and try right before we are to leave to come for our honeymoon with all the other added stress I just wanted to get these ressies made the package booked and be able to relax and finish what needs to be finished for everything else. Sure wish they would have mentioned this might happen to the ones who are coming right at the start of 07. Oh well onward and upward

keishashadow
08-06-2006, 10:52 PM
JMO - perhaps the practice of having "back-up ADRs" is a reason it's tough to get a seat for dinner - period. Thought multiples would cancel each other out anyway.

A silver lining - perhaps less people will participate in the DP and more spots will be available for relatively last min. ADRs.

The 1st year plan was offered tweaking occured, some TS went from 2 to 1, rest. added & dropped...all venues are subject to change via the fine print.

BTW, has there been a price announcement (increase) yet for 2007?

english rose 47
08-06-2006, 11:32 PM
I've read numerous times of people making more adr's than needed incase they changed their minds. So is this new that you can't make 2 reservations for the same day? I mean what if I made adr for Ph at 5pm and Chef Mickeys for 6:30 would that work? They created this mess with changing things and we just want to have a reservation somewhere. Thank goodness I have a few weeks before my 18o days . I hopethis is all cleared up and I just need to make one adr.

jenr812
08-06-2006, 11:42 PM
The brochure says, "Some examples of eligible snack options include..." So the list is still not all inclusive and open to the particular snack cart's interpretation!

Someone else asked about a price increase - it went up $1 for adults (again) to $38.99 and kids are the still $10.99.

Lostgirlz
08-07-2006, 01:17 AM
I tried asking if I may do that keep my one I so wanted, but also make another same evening but a different time. They said no they can't do double dinner ressies on the same day. I thought and I stated very nicely was not rude once that it would have been nice if they would have given them and all of us a forwarning about all this.

mamacatnv
08-07-2006, 03:52 AM
I tried asking if I may do that keep my one I so wanted, but also make another same evening but a different time. They said no they can't do double dinner ressies on the same day. I thought and I stated very nicely was not rude once that it would have been nice if they would have given them and all of us a forwarning about all this.
To the best of my knowledge, you could make multiple phone calls and make multiple ressies then.

bicker
08-07-2006, 05:37 AM
You can definitely make more than one reservation per day -- you're not allowed to make more than one reservation per meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner).

TandCmum
08-07-2006, 07:11 AM
personally i think as the weeks go by we will see a lot more restaurants being added to the list. Since the DDP restaaurants have been packed out and it is impossible to get walk in's which can only be a good thing for any restaurant, disney owned or not, so i can't see them pulling out.

one thing to consider is that although this brochure came out at the weekend it was most certainly printed and designed several weeks ago so a lot could have changed already. I think it was just a case of getting something out and sorted quickly as time was getting on for releasing the packages.

Although some restaurants i would have like dto try are no longer on the list i will still do the dining plan for next year as there are still so many others i would like to do if the ones omitted don't get added eventually

bwallace
08-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Both Disney Travel and a staff member at Big River Grill told me yesterday that Big River was on the plan for 2007.

Hopefully the brochure is just waaay off

DVC Sadie
08-08-2006, 12:44 PM
The restauants that are gone appear to all be the non-Disney owned restaurants, so I wouldn't expect more departures next year, since I believe all the restauants that are left are owned by Disney.

I wonder if the restaurants no longer listed opted out of the plan, or did Disney decide that only their own restaurants should benefit from the plan.

I know that the last time we ate at Alfredo's in Epcot some of the employees were talking about the DDP and how they seemed to think it ruined the whole dining experience. Heck, our waiter was complaining to use (never should have happened) about how some people were paying OOP for certain meals but did not tip for the added expense. Unfortunately we encountered several CM's who did not think the DP worked for them. Our waiter happened to say, "People use to come in and dine and now it's more of a cattle call instead of dining."

Hopefully now the food will be back to where it was pre DDP. Some of the food really went downhill after the DP was implemented.

bicker
08-08-2006, 01:26 PM
I wouldn't count on it. First, the restaurants no longer listed are as likely as not to still be participating by the time next year begins, so this is all as likely as not to be a tempest in a teapot. Beyond that, the changes in the menus reflect a broader change in the expectations of guests-in-general, counter what real foodies like me (and perhaps you) would prefer.

Pedler
08-08-2006, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't count on it. First, the restaurants no longer listed are as likely as not to still be participating by the time next year begins, so this is all as likely as not to be a tempest in a teapot. Beyond that, the changes in the menus reflect a broader change in the expectations of guests-in-general, counter what real foodies like me (and perhaps you) would prefer.

I would agree with this. First it is just too coincindental that 100% of the non disney owned places are not listed. It most likely is just a timing issue of having to get something out the door on packages now and deal with wrapping up whatever issues there are with the non Disney owned places.

Bicker is right about the broader change in expectations of guests. To most people Disney food is far and away better than other theme parks. Just by comparison to the low expectations of theme park food it comes out way ahead. When Epcot first opened up it was more geared towards "real" authentic food but that has been changing for quite some time, the DDP just accelerated some of the change.

As for the crowds you would be correct if they don't take the DDP. Of course that lack of crowds is what I think will make them do what it takes to get on the plan.

bicker
08-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Bicker is right about the broader change in expectations of guests. To most people Disney food is far and away better than other theme parks. Just by comparison to the low expectations of theme park food it comes out way ahead. Just another note about this. It isn't hard to find lots of messages from less food-focused guests, complaining about how all the restaurants at WS serve food that is too "foo-foo". I remember one a few months about complaining about how everything had a sauce, and another that complained that they should spent less time making it look nice and spend more time putting more food on the plate. :p