PDA

View Full Version : 5 minutes and counting to get your tickets!!!

kritter
08-05-2006, 10:53 PM
How many of you bought tickets before the price goes up on Sunday???Just curious!!!!!!!!!

mickeysaver
08-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I did. We are only buying 2 day base tickets, but by buying today we saved $14.90. There is no advance purchase discount on these tickets, so we were just going to pick them up when we checked in, but the savings today was worth it. Maggie

Harvest02
08-05-2006, 10:57 PM
I just bought them about 10 minutes ago on Ticketmania. I will buy them now for our trip next year, even if it is just a few dollars! Every little bit helps!!

kritter
08-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Maggie,

Soudns like you still will have saved money..Wodnerign how many others did the same thing??????

bettyann29
08-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Count me in.. :thumbsup2 Just bought thru Undercovertourist.. We are only going for 3 days over Labor Day Weekend but I went ahead and bought 7 day no expiration tickets.. so we will use 3 of the days this year and next year we can go over Labor Day weekend again and take an extra day and wont have to worry about ticket prices going up..

Pooh's Pal
08-06-2006, 01:08 AM
I bought today also, just before I headed to work for my 3-midnight shift. I got a 10 day park hopper w/water parks, non expiry...$418..OUCH...but I'll use 4-5 days in September and have enough for another trip(or 2) next year! (my December trip is "on work" and I don't have to buy tickets-they are!!)

LorieR
08-06-2006, 04:42 AM
Bought 2 10-day hoppers without expiration through Undercover Tourist for $750. From what I can see, I believe I saved about $95 or so. We already have 5 days each left from last year's 10-day tickets :teeth: (which cost about $661 at the time) that we will use in November 2006. We plan on using these new tickets in 2007 :banana: Gotta start planning our next trip!!

newholidayx2
08-06-2006, 05:53 AM
Yesterday (Sat) I upgraded (3) MYW 1 day base tickets to (3) MYW 10day tickets nonexp w/hopping
I was already thinking of doing that when we check in at AKL 8/17 but wasnt sure if I would or just hold them.

DS & I will be using the end of our APs 8/12-16 while at VWL. 8/17-20 we change to AKL and we're not going into the parks, taking the time to enjoy that lodge. 8/20-26 we have park hoppers from a few years back so we're planning on using those. The MYW 10 day tickets will be saved for the future.

siouxi31
08-06-2006, 06:08 AM
Yesterday I bought 3 adult 9 day MYW hoppers w/expiry for 714.00 through ticketmania for our trip in 2 weeks. Even though tickets were supposed to be part of my reservation, they were not listed on the reservation so I bought them separately. I didn't want to take the chance.
I called CRO and they said the price of the tickets on my reservation wouldn't go up but I've been told things before that weren't true so I had them cancel the ticket portion.

cnids00
08-06-2006, 06:32 AM
I forgot to buy tickets :rolleyes1 , guess I'll be one of the people buying the new price tickets :sad2: douh!!!

mamaminnie
08-06-2006, 07:04 AM
We had already bought our FL seasonal AP's, but I called 3 sets of friends last night and they all ordered their passes last night.

psupple
08-06-2006, 07:38 AM
I forgot to buy tickets :rolleyes1 , guess I'll be one of the people buying the new price tickets :sad2: douh!!!

I just bought thru the Mousesavers link at Ticketmania and got the "old" price for a 10 Day Adult Park Hopper, Non-Expiry at $374. Looks like their prices, even without the Mousesavers link, haven't been changed yet!

Just thought I'd let you know. Looks like I saved $61.59 :banana:

bicker
08-06-2006, 07:42 AM
It isn't clear to me that we're assured of getting the tickets we ordered yesterday. The websites take orders, but I remember reading messages last year indicating that in some cases some brokers oversold inventories for some tickets, over the weekend before the price increase, so had to call buyers back the next week and tell them that they couldn't fulfill the orders. Beyond that, some brokers had "old" inventory for some tickets for at least a week after the prices officially increased, and were able to continue selling for the old price for that long.

Goofy&Sleepy
08-06-2006, 08:32 AM
where do you get to the mousesaver link? It looks like they are still discounted? 2 free days?

Snoozan
08-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Just ordered my 10 day non-expiry PH's this AM from Undercovertourist.com. I saved about $60 a tix over the new Disney prices because I called WDW this AM to confirm their new prices. I probably won't use them for a couple of years as I've got passes left with 8 days total, but I figure there will be at least a couple more price increases by then!

kritter
08-06-2006, 08:41 AM
It isn't clear to me that we're assured of getting the tickets we ordered yesterday. The websites take orders, but I remember reading messages last year indicating that in some cases some brokers oversold inventories for some tickets, over the weekend before the price increase, so had to call buyers back the next week and tell them that they couldn't fulfill the orders. Beyond that, some brokers had "old" inventory for some tickets for at least a week after the prices officially increased, and were able to continue selling for the old price for that long.

Oh now this is not a good thig??????

Goofy&Sleepy
08-06-2006, 08:47 AM
I just got 5 days for $235incld shipping..HOPE IT COMES THRU....looks like new price is $265+ship & that would be for just 4 days. Didn't really need the 5th day but may get there that night in time to go walk around Epcot F& W.

got it on ticketmania...have never used them before...getting the tix for inlaws. tickets just have to be used w/in 14 days of start day, right? I can use them for Oct. trip as long as I use all 5 days..got exp tix.

bicker
08-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Oh now this is not a good thig??????I would look at it the other way. We were all very lucky to know about this website, and thereby have any advance warning of the price change. If we can capitalize on that insight, and save ourselves some money, then that would be excellent! :thumbsup2 If not, then we're no worse off than if we didn't know about this website, or even if we were just off-line for a few days.

kritter
08-06-2006, 02:01 PM
I would look at it the other way. We were all very lucky to know about this website, and thereby have any advance warning of the price change. If we can capitalize on that insight, and save ourselves some money, then that would be excellent! :thumbsup2 If not, then we're no worse off than if we didn't know about this website, or even if we were just off-line for a few days.

totally agree well said!!!!!

merekc
08-06-2006, 04:37 PM
We bought our tickets yesterday and saved about $90. If anyone didn't get a chance to buy, they might still try their local Disney Store. We chose to get ours there because after taxes they were only about a dollar more than the discount places for the tickets we needed, and this way we had them in hand and supported our local business. They knew nothing of the price increase as of yesterday (which I also saw some Dismembers saying). You might still be able to slip in under the old pricing.

Braque
08-06-2006, 05:13 PM
We bought 4 10 day PH w/out expiry (3 AD/1CH) and paid for them all (except for $93) with our Disney Rewards! And we'll be able to transfer whatever is left onto the card for a dinner or two while at WDW starting 8/15! Thanks to the DIS for the heads up - my parents are in FLA and they didn't even call me about the increase!

Ozymoe
08-06-2006, 05:25 PM
I bought 2 premium annual passes for my DDs (we'll arrive at Disney this Friday) and renewed my (non-premium) pass. I saved enough to buy them lots of Mickey bars this year!

mattnday
08-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Not wanting to risk ticket mania prices going up we bought 3 10 day expiring tickets with water parks. They were 15 dollars cheaper than undercover tourist and about $45 dollars cheaper than direct from Disnet

mareed
08-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Purchased yesterday. Four AP's for my family direct from Disney website, and two 7-day base tickets from Ticketmania Mousesavers link for other family who will be joining us for XMAS. I did check and see that the AP's went up on Disney's site today. Hopefully Ticketmania comes through with the tickets, but it certainly won't be disastrous if they don't.

UnderCoverTourist
08-06-2006, 06:51 PM
We can assure everyone, that we have and will always honor/supply EVERY order placed at the price displayed on our website at the time of booking :).

We carry a huge inventory, which is why we are able to offer free shipping and offer express shipping.

Thank you

Undercover Tourist :thumbsup2

Previous post
It isn't clear to me that we're assured of getting the tickets we ordered yesterday. The websites take orders, but I remember reading messages last year indicating that in some cases some brokers oversold inventories for some tickets, over the weekend before the price increase, so had to call buyers back the next week and tell them that they couldn't fulfill the orders.

bicker
08-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Let's see if we can get a similar commitment from Ticketmania now. :)

CarolA
08-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Renewed my AP yesterday and my best friend bought here 6 four day park hoppers yesterday to be the increase. We did it all through Disney (I don't have a choice on the AP and she had to do it from her vacation home without a computer so I didn't confuse her with the other options! LOL)

CEDmom
08-06-2006, 07:15 PM
We're going in Nov and have 3 days left on old hoppers. At most we only needed 2 additional days but with the price increase I bought 7 day non-expiring hoppers last night around 10:30. It just means I'll be planning another trip soon. BTW, I used Undercovertourist. I figured if Mousesavers is endorsing it that's good enough for me.

Braque
08-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Just checking Disney's website to see how much money we saved purchasing on Sat ($51.77) and noticed that although prices went up 5%, the amount saved with an advance purchase went down! From $28 to $24 - :faint:

Va-bear
08-07-2006, 08:07 AM
I bought today also, just before I headed to work for my 3-midnight shift. I got a 10 day park hopper w/water parks, non expiry...$418..OUCH...but I'll use 4-5 days in September and have enough for another trip(or 2) next year! (my December trip is "on work" and I don't have to buy tickets-they are!!)

I did the same - ouchie!! Bu, wiht other day trips and a couple of "other" parks thrown in we will actually use these for __4__ vacations!!! Added up for 4 people it was a significant savings - esp. since we are covered against any prices increases for 4 trips!!! :sunny:

NeverlandClub23
08-07-2006, 09:02 AM
I would have had I not been out of town this weekend. :rolleyes: Go figure there would not be much notice on the raising of the park ticket prices.

princessjv
08-07-2006, 09:18 AM
I bought mine late last night from TM, using the Mousesavers link. After checking it against the WDW Website, I saved around $90 on our 10 day, hoppers w/expiry. woohoo :cool1:

kfeuer
08-07-2006, 09:41 AM
I would have had I not been out of town this weekend. :rolleyes: Go figure there would not be much notice on the raising of the park ticket prices.

I just checked UT and Ticketmania and they both still had the old prices up. Run!!!

I had no intentions of buying tickets, but the price difference on the tickets we want is $219.40 (2 adult, 2 child 10-day non-expiring) :earseek:

DH and I talked it over and we decided to go ahead and get them and pay back the money to savings over time. We don't know when we're going back to DW, but we know we'll go someday and that's an awfully big price difference. At least these tickets will last us for 2.5 trips.

dbgardener
08-07-2006, 10:21 AM
I just bought my tickets on MapleLeafTickets.com for the old prices :thumbsup2

Julia M
08-07-2006, 10:31 AM
I did not, because I am currently sitting on some old passes:

five old hoppers with 2 days of parks and 2 days of "extras"
two new hoppers (unused) with 4 days each, plus "extras" (maybe 2)
one new 10 day MYW pass, no expiration, with extras (but no hopping, screwed up when I ordered last summer before the price increase-oh well)
two old passes (from 2001), with one day each of parks and "extras"
three old passes, with "extras"

We had our hopper passes "credited" with a day back, when we went to Disney the day before hurricane Charley, when the parks closed early.

That's enough for our family to have five days in the parks, and lots of waterpark days.

I am hoping that eventually, the old hopper passes "extras" will be allowed to be used for Disneyquest, the same way that old passes (before MGM and Animal Kingdom were built) used to exclude the new parks, but now include them (easier for Disney) :thumbsup2

However, on a positive note, while I was looking for my passes, to see what I had, I found $600 in travelers checks with the passes!! :lmao:

Julia

bettyann29
08-07-2006, 12:03 PM
We can assure everyone, that we have and will always honor/supply EVERY order placed at the price displayed on our website at the time of booking :).

We carry a huge inventory, which is why we are able to offer free shipping and offer express shipping.

Thank you

Undercover Tourist :thumbsup2

Previous post
It isn't clear to me that we're assured of getting the tickets we ordered yesterday. The websites take orders, but I remember reading messages last year indicating that in some cases some brokers oversold inventories for some tickets, over the weekend before the price increase, so had to call buyers back the next week and tell them that they couldn't fulfill the orders.

I ordered on Saturday night from UndercoverTourist and checked my acct today and they took out for the old prices.. so definitely if you ordered Saturday they are giving the old prices..

jeankeri
08-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Thank goodness I saw this thread. I was debating buying new 10D, non-expiry hoppers last month, but with the price increase it was a no-brainer. I just bought through UndercoverTourist, and they still have ticks at the old prices (with the old per ticket price comparison). On their site it says $35 off per ticket- it's now $68 less with the new prices. Total of $181 saved for us. :cool1:

mydogisbo
08-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Just wanted to add--

I ordered my tickets from Ticketmania on Sunday morning (after coming to the DIS & discovering the price change). They still had the old prices up then.

I got an email today saying they were shipping out on 8/10/06.

We saved $118 over the prices now listed on Disney's site for 8 day park hopper expiring passes. Yeah!!

canwegosoon
08-07-2006, 04:06 PM
I ordered 4 ap's from Disney with the DVC discount.... :thumbsup2

tinytink
08-07-2006, 11:55 PM
I spoke to the manager at the DS and she said the prices are going up at the store starting Aug 7.

michboro
08-08-2006, 08:56 AM
I spoke to the manager at the DS and she said the prices are going up at the store starting Aug 7.
The prices in the NJ Disney Store are not going up until Wed Aug. 9.
I guess each Disney Store is different.