PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy prestreched canvas?

FunFamily
08-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Hi Friends:

We have an art project that will require two large presteched canvases (somewhere around 40x60). We have never done one of these types of projects -- and seem likely not to do another. For those that have experience in puchasing these large canvases, where did you find the best pricing (somewhere like Michaels, a more fine arts focused supply place, or on-line?).

Also, what is the name of the type of canvas that has the thick sides to it, over which the canvas is placed (and paintable).

Thanks in advance

Take care,
FunFamily

TallyLassie
08-05-2006, 10:00 PM
I have bought some for my MIL and I bought them from Michael's using the 40% off coupon that is in the newspapers most Sundays.

Imzadi
08-05-2006, 11:17 PM
For a canvas that large of a size, you may need to go to an art supply store and order one to be stretched for you.

i'm not sure what you mean by, "the type of canvas that has the thick sides to it, over which the canvas is placed." Do you mean the wooden stretcher bars? :)

GabbyMom
08-06-2006, 01:41 AM
I just got a mailer from Blick art's and craft. 70% off of streched canvases. If you have a student ID they can sign you up for their savings card for free. It's worth a try.

Good luck on your project :artist: