PDA

View Full Version : Water delivered to resort before arrival

diznycrazed
08-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know if I can go on-line and have water delivered to my resort for day of arrival? I've never done this but a fellow disboard friend remembered a prior thread on this issue. We are flying in next Saturday the 12th and there are 7 of us. I sure don't relish spending $2.50 for water per person at least twice a day. As we won't have a car this trip I was just curious if there were any alternate methods to have a couple cases of water delivered.

Thanks!!!!
Terry

ryka
08-05-2006, 05:56 PM
If you just want water you can order from staples and if you sign up for their rewards card you get free shipping. We actually placed our order yesterday with garden grocer for our trip on the 15th. We got water and snacks.

Tam1067
08-05-2006, 05:58 PM
We did this and saved a bunch of money. I've heard people using various places, but we used Garden Grocer; I also ordered juice boxes for my kids to use as their breakfast drink, and I got some milk and apples, too.

It was also delivered promptly with a $10 delivery fee which was well worth it I think. I got 3 cases of water, 30 juice boxes, milk, and apples which with delivery came to a little over $50.00. This was a huge savings when I'd have paid approximately $20 a day if I'd purchased tha water at the parks (I'm basing this estimate on 2 bottles of water per person per day), and the juice boxes would have cost me several more dollars a day.

You can have the delivery direct to your room, or they'll leave it with the resort too.

diznycrazed
08-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Thank you both very, very much!!!!! I am fairly new to the boards it having been recommended by a co-worker. I can't wait to pass this info along to all my friends.

Thanks again!
Terry
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

RDCAnthony
08-06-2006, 10:33 AM
What an awesome idea :thumbsup2

Annam26
08-06-2006, 02:26 PM
How can you order prior to arrival without knowing your room #? :confused3

I think I like to try it, but we have no idea what room -or even what building ( at the ASM) we'll be getting

BostonTink85
08-06-2006, 03:21 PM
How can you order prior to arrival without knowing your room #? :confused3

I think I like to try it, but we have no idea what room -or even what building ( at the ASM) we'll be getting

From what I've read about the Staples water you just put your name first and then the resort on the second line or something like that. Then in the "delivery details" you put your reservation number and date of arrival. I'm trying this for the first time later this month. There's other thread on the Disney Tips board (I think) about this topic too with lots of good experiences. :thumbsup2

hegs65
08-06-2006, 05:33 PM
I just signed up and printed my rewards card at staples.com. I checked out the water and it is $6.59 per case of Poland spring. I hope to have a case or 2 delivered to Pop Century on the 15th. I'll post back and let you know how it goes.

Annam26
08-06-2006, 08:38 PM
From what I've read about the Staples water you just put your name first and then the resort on the second line or something like that. Then in the "delivery details" you put your reservation number and date of arrival. I'm trying this for the first time later this month. There's other thread on the Disney Tips board (I think) about this topic too with lots of good experiences. :thumbsup2

Thanks, BostonTink85! :)

tinker&belle
08-06-2006, 09:53 PM
FYI-

I had joined the rewards program about a month ago anticipating doing this and when I ordered from staples today, the shipping changes still showed up, up to the point that I was submitting my order. Before I submitted I called the 1-800-3STAPLES number and the customer service representive helped me through it (it was because my number was new and hadn't made it to their system yet.) He took the shipping off and it is on its way!

lsg1
08-07-2006, 07:05 AM
We will be down in 2 weeks :cool1: ... How far in advance should you order the water from staples? If it gets there early, will they just hold it at the resort? I also will order pretzels and nuts from them for snacks.