PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy a package for WDW or buy room & tickets separate? Especially w/AAA?

traces7
08-05-2006, 04:42 PM
I was just wondering which way was the cheaper way to go. Now that I've booked a room only reservation and bought my tickets separately! Just for future reference I was wondering. I booked my room with the AAA discount and also bought the park tickets through AAA. I believe it was cheaper to do it this way then to buy a package through Disney. But I think a package through AAA may have been a good deal. Anyone know for sure?

badblackpug
08-05-2006, 05:02 PM
I priced every way. Separate rooms/tickets. Package through Disney. Package through TA, both on and off the web. (many, many on the web) and the best price I got (and I booked it) was a package through AAA. 10 nights w/ hopping w/ dining was $250 less than ANY other price I or anyone else could come up with. I booked the airfare myself, though. Found it for a cheaper price than even AAA could offer. :rotfl:

I even tried "renting" DVC points.

tinksmygal
08-06-2006, 12:32 AM
I did my room and tickets (not airfare) through AAA, and got a great deal.

Even got $100 Disney Dollars for free when I booked with them. :cool1:

elsabear
08-06-2006, 09:35 AM
I think it may all depend on what specials are running and whether or not you are looking for dining to be included. We are going in December and I found that for tickets (7day non hopper) and room I was better off booking the room myself with AAA discount and buying my tickets through undercovertourist. It cost me $67 less than AAA quoted me. The only thing they were giving me with a package was 1 entree at Planet Hollywood - and some keepsake from PH - I decided that it wasn't worth the $67.