PDA

View Full Version : question about walgreen rebates...

Grumpy's Gal
08-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Does anyone here do the walgreen rebates?

I have a question.

Can you get the revate book at the beginning of the month and go ahead and buy everything that has a full rebate for "purchase price paid?" Or do you have to wait until it goes on sale that month to buy it.

Does that make sense? The rebate form says the rebate is for purchase price paid. Don't you think that means they will reimburse you if you paid $4 for it or $3.50 for it when it's on sale?

I mean well and intend to get back to Walgreens during the month but sometimes I just don't make it back.

rocky41102
08-05-2006, 12:57 PM
You can get reimbursed whether it is on sale or not. They usually put a limit on the maximum reimbursement you can receive, but I've found the max is usually what the regular price is.

neatokimmo
08-05-2006, 12:59 PM
I try to get my rebates on the first day because things go so quickly.

If something says free then rebate up to $2.99, whatever you pay for it (if its under 2.99) you'll get back. Like the toothpaste is 2.99 this month, if you get it on sale for 2.50, 2.50 will be your rebate. I have been recycling the same $20 on my giftcard since the beginning so I'm not out cash really and I always get the 10% bonus to cover TN's 9.75% tax. So I don't wait for sales, I just grab it :)

I, my dad and my mom (3 different households) all do the rebates. We swap things around when we don't want it, its a lot of fun. We've been doing it for 2-3 years now, I have stuff piled up in my linen closet!

:confused3 I have a question about coupons and the rebates. Let's say its one of those "Buy $20 in P&G products and get a $10 card" rebates. Let's pretend that comes out to 8 items and I have 50 cents off each coupons. That brings my real total down to $16, do I need to buy a couple of more things to bring it back up to $20? Just mostly wondering, I might be organized enough this month to use coupons and rebates together :)

Kim

merekc
08-05-2006, 03:13 PM
I love Walgreen's rebates!!!! :banana: My sister and I look forward to the last Sunday of the month when the EasySaver typically comes out.

Kim, my understanding is that you have to spend the $20, so if you used coupons you need to spend some more.

Hope you all caught the Speed Stick deodarant deal. I believe through today, Speed Stick and Lady Speed Stick is buy one get one free ($2.79 each). Then buy $20 worth and get a $10 rebate. Deodarant will be $.70 (plus tax) each when all done. I bought 14 deodarants that I'm hiding from my husband so he doesn't think I'm nuts. Expiration date was 2 years away, hope it truly lasts that long. :cool1:

The free stuff is also good for donating. Sometimes we buy the items that are 100% reimbursed and donate it if we don't have a use for it.

sleepyone
08-05-2006, 03:50 PM
I like to wait for items to go on sale and I use coupons (but, it's not necessary). The receipt shows the sale (or regular) price then the coupons are taken off on the bottom of the receipt.

Last week, some foundation (ES 15) was on sale for 9.99. If you had the $2.00 coupon it would have been better than free! You spend 9.99 and get that amount back in rebates plus when you purchased it you got the $2.00 off.

Using Easy Save 11 as another example:

Easy Saver 11 has various items you can buy . You must purchase $20 worth of the items whether sale or regular price to get the $10 rebate.

Last week, Softsoap liquid hand soap was on sale, buy one get one free. Regular price is 1.99. So, lets pretend we need lots of hand soap. If you buy 11 handsoaps:crazy:, it would cost $21.89 regularly, which meets the "must purchase $20 worth". But, since it's buy one get one free, you would actually need 22.

Now, lets pretend you have lots of $0.35 coupons for Softsoap. If you have 11 coupons, it would take a total of $3.85 off your total. If you spent the $21.89 less coupons= 18.04. After your $10 rebate, you'll only have actually spent $8.04 for all that soap.

If you had 22 coupons for the soap, it would be $7.70 off the 21.89= $14.19. After rebates, you would have only paid $4.19 for all that soap!

merekc
08-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Sleepyone - have you actually gotten your $10 rebate on any items that you spent less than $20 on because of coupons? My understading was that you had to spend $20 to get the $10. So my thoughts are if you have $20 worth of product, but you use $5 worth of coupons and only spend $15, then you wouldn't qualify for the $10 rebate.

Has this really worked for you? If so, yeah, a new level of cheapness! Don't you love it! ***That is not an insult, I love getting stuff ridiculously cheap or free!*** :Pinkbounc

sleepyone
08-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Sleepyone - have you actually gotten your $10 rebate on any items that you spent less than $20 on because of coupons? My understading was that you had to spend $20 to get the $10. So my thoughts are if you have $20 worth of product, but you use $5 worth of coupons and only spend $15, then you wouldn't qualify for the $10 rebate.

Has this really worked for you? If so, yeah, a new level of cheapness! Don't you love it! ***That is not an insult, I love getting stuff ridiculously cheap or free!*** :PinkbouncYes, I have done this for a while. Just make sure to spend $20 first...if it's buy one get one, you'll need to buy more. At the bottom of the receipt, all the coupons are listed as "MFG COUPON" only. It doesn't specify what the coupon was for.

Grumpy's Gal
08-05-2006, 06:12 PM
have you actually gotten your $10 rebate on any items that you spent less than $20 on because of coupons?

I have done that and I am the QUEEN of FRUGAL. I don't like the word cheap!