PDA

View Full Version : Aaa ?

gaelic grace
08-04-2006, 10:05 PM
I know that you don't get a AAA discount for Holiday season but that whatever season you check in during is your rate throughout your stay. Does anyone know if you check in on December 19th ( Peak) but check out on December 23 (Holiday) if you would be able to get the AAA discount because you checked in during a time your AAA discount was available?

DVC~OKW~96
08-04-2006, 10:24 PM
I believe an AAA rate is for the duration of the stay, regardless of the rising rates across the dates. You should still get the AAA discount even on the higher rate.

gaelic grace
08-05-2006, 08:57 AM
thanks!

MarySB
11-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Be careful re AAA "Discount Rates". I reserved a room last March for the 20% off rooms from Dec.4-9. I went in yesterday to convert it to a package at the "AAA Discount Rate" and it came out to $200 MORE than on the Disney website. Same date, same tickets, same dining plan. I called them today and got a major runaround. The TA I worked with said she "didn't know why" it was more and that I was the THIRD client who had had that difficulty. If that was the case. you would think THEY would find out WHY. But all they care about is getting their commission. When I really pressed them for the reason, they said I was getting some "perks" like free parking (can't use it because we are using Disney Transportation) and discounts on meals (can't use it because we are on the dining plan---which THEY sold me!) I now have a complaint lodged with the BBB. Don't make the same mistake I did in believing that a AAA Discount Rate means you are actually getting a discount. You're not!

BethR
11-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Mary, I know that you are very upset about what has happened to you since you have bumped up a number of old AAAs threads with this information.

Unfortunately something was wrong the pricing that you got from your AAA. That does not mean that anyone who books through AAA does not get a discount. That is simply not true.

I hope that you get your problem resolved to your satisfaction.

MommyBoo!
11-01-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't think there was anything wrong with the pricing; I think her agent just doesn't understand it enough to give her a correct explanation. I think what happened is that there are a certain # of AAA room only discount rooms available and a certain # of AAA package discount rooms available. When she canceled the room only discount room, there were no package discount rooms available (her agent should have checked that and explained that to her before canceling). It sounds like you should be able to switch one out for the other but you can't. So, she got no discount because there were no AAA package discount rooms available. It costs more than on the Disney site because she is paying for AAA trip insurance, AAA booking fee and a fee for changing her reservations.

That's just a guess based on what I've been told by my AAA agent (I asked her lots of questions when we booked). I contemplated a few changes with our reservations and my agent always checked availability and confirmed things with me before changing anything.

Edited to add that we got the AAA package and recieved a room discount and the dining plan.

BethR
11-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks for giving us a good possible explanation, Sue! And you are right, there may be nothing "wrong" with the pricing that she got, Mary may just not have gotten a correct explanation.

I would hate for people to become concerned about AAA discounts. They do exist. But as with many things, AAA discounts at Disney are "first come, first served" and "limited in number."