PDA

View Full Version : with the ticket prices going up on sunday where is the best place to buy????

kritter
08-04-2006, 09:04 PM
With the tickets going up on Sunday, where do you think is the cheapest place to buy tickets??? thanks so much...

Has Disney confirmed that tickets are going up????????

Mickey&Donald
08-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Where did you hear this? I work at Disney Store, where we sell Disney park tickets, and I have heard absolutely nothing about a price increase.

mdhkitten
08-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Here's the link to the article regarding this from another post:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-bk-disneyprice04,0,2235520.story?track=rss

SusanD
08-04-2006, 11:57 PM
I called after I read this post and by then member services (I am a DVC member) was closed. They won't re-open until Monday and by then the increase to the annual pass will be $19 or so. I talked to WDW and they confirmed the increase on Sunday and were unable to sell me the renewal because it was a DVC price.

Oh well...at least I bought my husband and son's pass recently. I was holding out on mine because my anniversary date is after we go to WDW in September. They did tell me it is possible to purchase the renewal before the anniversary date (without changing the anniversary date).

Danae
08-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Hi, I signed up for mousesavers last week and was waiting for the 15th to get my newsletter with the link to undercovertourist for tickets. However, since prices are going up so soon, could someone please forward me an email of last months newsletter? It would be very much appreciated!

KathyR
08-05-2006, 08:37 AM
SusanD-

There is a link on the members only website to buy your AP online at the discount. You can buy new or renewal passes through the site.

shrpgrl
08-05-2006, 09:13 AM
If you are a DVC member you can buy online from the mydvc.com page and get your tickets before the price goes up. We just did this last night after reading about the increase. I was going to buy my ap when I got there in 3 weeks but I would rather save the money for other things.

badblackpug
08-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Please PM me with your email address and I will forward you the July Mousesavers news letter. It has links for discount ticket along with links for lots of other Disney discounts

kmjmom
08-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I just bought a MYW Hopper at the Disney site at the reg price this morning. I wasn't able to get on the site last night. It kept giving an error message so I thought maybe they were updating the site and prices, but they were not increased as of today. I called our local Disney store last night as I thought I'd be going there for the ticket, but fortunately the Disney site worked today! 4 more days til we leave!!!! :cool1:

mtblujeans
08-05-2006, 10:50 AM
So, then, are the 2 Mousesaver links and AAA the only way to get discounted WDW tickets? :confused3

Mickey&Donald
08-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Don't forget the Disney Store, if you have one nearby!

NicsMom1500
08-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi.
I deleted my July Mousesavers. This will teach me! I think I read it quickly while getting ready for the DisMeet in Allentown.

Would someone please forward a copy? I'd really like to purchase our tickets today prior to tomorrow's price increase.

nicsmom1500 @ comcast .net

Thanks with pixie dust!

Kim

popeyeohoh
08-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Not sure of the best place but I just purchased a 4 day plus 2 days free option from undercover tourist for 612.00 AAA had similiar tickets 6 day base for 638.82. Prices are total cost. I don't know if this was the best that can be done, I am hopping to add non experation to at least one day while I am down there.

mdhkitten
08-05-2006, 11:18 AM
On www.allearsnet.com , it says that although the prices through Disney will increase beginning tomorrow, that Maple Leaf Tickets won't raise their price until it sounds like Monday. Hope this helps someone who discover too late (tomorrow) that the prices have gone up! :goodvibes

Taken from Allearsnet:

NEW Disney World Ticket Prices to Rise August 6th!
MapleLeafTickets will sell at the old prices through Sunday, August 6th! Today, Saturday, is the last day Disney sells at the old pricing.

kkmcan
08-05-2006, 11:39 AM
I would love it if someone could send me the mousesavers newsletter also! Planning on buying today. Thanks so much!

kkmcan@ hotmail.com

Thanks!

Kelly

BethR
08-05-2006, 11:46 AM
I am hopping to add non experation to at least one day while I am down there.

Just wanted to make sure that you know that if you add "No Expiration" to your pass you must pay the fee for the entire length of your pass. So if you bought a 7 day ticket, you will pay $90 to add no expiration, even if there are only 2 days left on the pass.

I hope that this makes sense...

Chris
08-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Bought mine last night!! 2508.00 for 7 10 day non expiring! <4 adults/3kids>
Didnt' add the plus this time because we still have 4 day's left over! :-)

justplaingoofy
08-05-2006, 02:02 PM
We usually buy our tickets through ticketmania. I've found their prices less than Disney & maple leaf. Mousesavers used to have a link, but they only do maple leaf now. We never had a problem with ticketmania. Their prices unlike Disney has taxes already in the price and charge $6 shipping.

For a family of four going on a 7 day hopper, no expiry was a savings of $58 compared to Disney. Not sure if you would have to order them online today or when they will raise their prices They are also offering the buy 4 days get 2 free. (however additional days on an expiring ticket are only about $1-$2.)

Last year we got adult 10 day, hopper, no expiration, w/ water parks for $358 through ticketmania. :Pinkbounc

mzak
08-05-2006, 02:21 PM
I also just started subscribing to Mousesavers and have been waiting for the 15th to buy tickets for our first trip to Disney. Could someone PLEASE give me the link or newsletter? I really appreciate it!!!

mzak4@yahoo.

bicker
08-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Mousesavers used to have a link, but they only do maple leaf now. I just bought tickets for February from Ticketmania using the Mousesavers discount.

mickeysaver
08-05-2006, 02:55 PM
We have a bit of a tight budget for this little 3 day trip. We only need 2 day base tickets a there is no discount offered on advance purchase of these from any source. We were planning to purchase them when we arrived, but with the price increase coming tomorrow, it just made sense to go ahead and purchase them today.

Now, I am just waiting to find out of we will be subject to the new tax hike. Since Disney has not yet sent us our confirmation letter, I am thinking that we will, unless I pay that in full also.

I just love technicalities. NOT! Maggie

kritter
08-05-2006, 03:02 PM
We usually buy our tickets through ticketmania. I've found their prices less than Disney & maple leaf. Mousesavers used to have a link, but they only do maple leaf now. We never had a problem with ticketmania. Their prices unlike Disney has taxes already in the price and charge $6 shipping.

For a family of four going on a 7 day hopper, no expiry was a savings of $58 compared to Disney. Not sure if you would have to order them online today or when they will raise their prices They are also offering the buy 4 days get 2 free. (however additional days on an expiring ticket are only about $1-$2.)

Last year we got adult 10 day, hopper, no expiration, w/ water parks for $358 through ticketmania. :Pinkbounc

Your dog is adorable.......

OhMari
08-05-2006, 03:25 PM
If I buy 2, 5 day MYW tickets, will I be able to add a day on to my tickets if I want to purchase the Disney Dining Plan, or must I buy at the time that one day base ticket. I've been waiting to purchase a package and of course it coincides with Sunday, the day they are raising tickets.

usewickhouse
08-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Just curious if they will be raising the Annual and Florida resident passes?
Thanks, Becky

bicker
08-05-2006, 03:35 PM
If I buy 2, 5 day MYW tickets, will I be able to add a day on to my tickets if I want to purchase the Disney Dining Plan, or must I buy at the time that one day base ticket. Sorry, but a ticket upgrade doesn't qualify a guest for a package requiring admission purchase.

jendon1997
08-05-2006, 03:54 PM
I would also appreciate the mousesavers newsletter. We dont go until January so I never thought we would be looking to buy already. Thanks in advance!!

OhMari
08-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Sorry, but a ticket upgrade doesn't qualify a guest for a package requiring admission purchase.

Thanks Bicker-it's a sad day-I know prices will increase, I even said it way back in Spring, I wouldn't be surprised by another price increase. I just hope WDW doesn't come on Sunday and say tickets don't need to be purchased with the Dining Plan. Then I will flip.

RoyalCanadian
08-05-2006, 05:06 PM
The nice thing about Disney ticket media is that it is good forever (save for the host of 1 day tickets that Disney supposedly invalidated when they introduced the MYW system on Jan. 2, 2005.)

Buy what you can afford now and set them aside. We can be fairly certain the ticket prices won't go down, and the investment pays dividends when a child's ticket that has been used is then upgraded is still valid when that child is 10 or older.

jncvh
08-05-2006, 05:44 PM
The article advised that the price increase will be $4 a ticket. When a 8 day MYW ticket is purchased what would be the price increase? If the increase is $4 for a 1 day ticket times 8 days that would be a $32 increase, but arent longer tickets usually discounted? Any ideas on a possible 8 day ticket price increase?

bicker
08-05-2006, 07:48 PM
From what I just read, a six-day ticket is going up in price $6 (total, not per day).

AboutMoni
08-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi,

I was planning to do some more research before buying the tickets, but then I found out that the price is going up tomm. I have joined the mousesaver but by the time I receive this months letter, it will be too late.

Can anyone please forward me the July letter.
My yahoo id is delta_in_tokyo (somehow disboards is not letting me post my complete yahoo e-mail. You may PM me or mail me the link by adding yahoo com at the end of the id)
TIA!!

AboutMoni
08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
bumping!

Hi,

I was planning to do some more research before buying the tickets, but then I found out that the price is going up tomm. I have joined the mousesaver but by the time I receive this months letter, it will be too late.

Can anyone please forward me the July letter.
My yahoo id is delta_in_tokyo (somehow disboards is not letting me post my complete yahoo e-mail. You may PM me or mail me the link by adding yahoo com at the end of the id)
TIA!!

Marty Moose
08-05-2006, 08:38 PM
I also read that the park hopper option will increase by $5...

rach2674
08-05-2006, 09:32 PM
I just called the passholder line...which takes you to reservations...and I'm not very happy. Not only are the prices going up, but to renew my FL resident pass, it'll cost me almost what I paid for the pass last year, if not more. I bought the FL Annual Hopper pass from AAA last year and guess I didn't know they had a Premium pass which they now offer....or AAA didn't offer it. We have family in town tomorrow and were going to go to the water parks with them and now I have to buy another pass for that! It just infuriates me. I hate to wait until after tomorrow, but I don't have a choice. They lady on the phone says...well, since gas prices have gone up and lots of other things, we've increased prices, we don't every year. What???? I wanted to say...Oh, because Disney must be really suffering in the profit margin.

Really stinks that I only bought my daughter's pass a few months ago because I'm really thinking of not renewing my pass.

Rachel

Lucky'sMom
08-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Please pm me the link to the Mousesavers newsletter, too. I deleted mine after reading it last month, and would really like to order my 10-day tickets tonight! Thanks so much! :sunny:

jennobrn01
08-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Hooray for DIS board members! Dh and I just finished our transaction on undercover tourist. Now the trip has truly become reality.

kritter
08-05-2006, 11:19 PM
undercovertourist seems to have the best deals what do you all think???????

jennobrn01
08-05-2006, 11:21 PM
i agree... dh and i just purchased from them tonight. :thumbsup2

kritter
08-05-2006, 11:31 PM
i agree... dh and i just purchased from them tonight. :thumbsup2

I agree too going to buy them now how many days did you get?? DH wants me to get 7 so then we will have them for our next trip as well...thanks.....

jennobrn01
08-05-2006, 11:39 PM
We are going to be in the World 5 days. We almost purchased 7 days tix, but went ahead and did the 5. As a newbie wdw planner I am obsessed with sticking to my plans. :rolleyes:

kritter
08-05-2006, 11:41 PM
We are going to be in the World 5 days. We almost purchased 7 days tix, but went ahead and did the 5. As a newbie wdw planner I am obsessed with sticking to my plans. :rolleyes:

I totally hear you...I am just glad that I was able to get the tickets at the cheaper rate we go every year and this way I will have some left over days for next year.....Thanks for all of your help!!!!!!!!!!!

Harvest02
08-05-2006, 11:56 PM
I just purchased mine from Ticketmania. We used them for our trip in June. I wasn't planning on buying tickets this soon, but decided to go ahead anyway. Ticketmania has the park hopper with expiration 3 day tickets with 2 days free(a total of 5 days). That is exactly what I needed, and the price was right, around $660 for 2 adults and 1 child. We will go in October 2007, so guess this part of the expense is done! Every little bit I can save now helps for later(especially if there will be another price increase in january).

kritter
08-05-2006, 11:58 PM
I just purchased mine from Ticketmania. We used them for our trip in June. I wasn't planning on buying tickets this soon, but decided to go ahead anyway. Ticketmania has the park hopper with expiration 3 day tickets with 2 days free(a total of 5 days). That is exactly what I needed, and the price was right, around $660 for 2 adults and 1 child. We will go in October 2007, so guess this part of the expense is done! Every little bit I can save now helps for later(especially if there will be another price increase in january).

Oh my gosh I did not see that deal//oh well.....

jennobrn01
08-06-2006, 12:07 AM
that is a good deal! don't worry kritter, we didn't miss out too bad... with free shipping on undercovertourist it comes out nearly the same. :thumbsup2

kritter
08-06-2006, 12:17 AM
that is a good deal! don't worry kritter, we didn't miss out too bad... with free shipping on undercovertourist it comes out nearly the same. :thumbsup2

That is true Jenn I went backand checked it out as well..Thanks again Jenn...!!!!!!When are you going on your trip?????

bicker
08-06-2006, 06:49 AM
They lady on the phone says...Asking a telephone agent about why admission prices increase is a little like asking the kid pumping gas at the gas station why fuel prices increase. It's nice of them to try to explain it to us when we do ask, but we shouldn't put much stock in their answer, nor allow ourselves to get infuriated by the answer.

bicker
08-06-2006, 06:50 AM
undercovertourist seems to have the best deals what do you all think???????I found Ticketmania to be better, because Undercover Tourist doesn't offer six-day park hoppers.

kritter
08-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Thanks undercover is where I finally got mine...!!!!

Sammy
08-06-2006, 09:27 AM
The prices at Undercovertourist.com also includes tax.....AND they have free shipping! That's where I just ordered my parent's tickets for our trip in April (we are all set with 5 days left on our 10-day hoppers)

mtblujeans
08-06-2006, 11:46 AM
I just ordered the 10 day, park hopper, no expiry and we figure it should cover the next 2 trips we take. That will be 10 days at the parks and 6 days at the water parks. That is 16 days at WDW....that should cover us! :thumbsup2

odddog
08-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Ok so last night I bought from ticket mania (mousesavers link)
7day hopper that expire, 2 adult 2 kid total including shipping $872
now same thing but no mousesavers discount was $886
Undercover Tourist price for same was $890

How is undercover cheaper??
Are fewer days cheaper? I did not price those??