PDA

View Full Version : SURPRISE!!! Disney Raises Ticket Prices at WDW Starting Sunday

BethR
08-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Ticket prices will go up on Sunday, so if you were waiting to buy your tickets, you may want to buy them now.

An Article From the Orlando Sentinal. (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-bk-disneyprice04,0,2235520.story?coll=orl-home-headlines)

So if you are travelling to Disney World and have the money, you may want to purchase your tickets before Sunday. :(

Catrin
08-04-2006, 05:34 PM
What happens to us..... who bought a package for Labor Day, but have not checked into our room yet?

Will our park passes go up?
Catrin

magic kingdom park
08-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Does that mean other ticket outlets will go up to?

BethR
08-04-2006, 05:37 PM
What happens to us..... who bought a package for Labor Day, but have not checked into our room yet?

Catrin

I don't know. Our trip is in 12 days. I am HOPING that they will not say "Surprise! You owe $X!" whenever we get there!

Tjaleks
08-04-2006, 05:37 PM

Catrin

Once your package is paid in full you are fine they will not adjust the price after recieving final payment.

BethR
08-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Does that mean other ticket outlets will go up to?

Yes they will. But sometimes these outlets have the lower prices for a little longer until they sell out the stock that they have on hand. AAA is known to have the older prices for a good deal longer than the other places.

But I would not wait to buy...

BethR
08-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Once your package is paid in full you are fine they will not adjust the price after recieving final payment.

Good to know! Thanks Staci! :)

Kay1
08-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Oh, Beth! I really hope that this goes your way. You deserve a top-notch trip.

:love:

Tjaleks
08-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Good to know! Thanks Staci! :)

No problem. Just to give you Disney terminology....

All rates are subject to change until package is paid in full. After package is paid in full, rate is subject to change due to imposition of taxes or other charges of governmental authorities. All rates are in U.S. dollars.

And since this is not a tax issue we, all of us who are going during free dining, are just fine.

foxfire
08-04-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm very surprised they're raising them again now after just doing so in January. Can anyone recall them ever previously raising ticket prices this close together?

disneyfreakk
08-04-2006, 05:59 PM
I am SO glad I got our passes last week! For some reason I felt like they might be going up on the prices!! Not to mention, its fun to tell DH " I TOLD ya so!" :rotfl:

CarolA
08-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I just called my friend who needs 6 tickets and told her to get on line tomorrow and BUY!

(Now I wish we knew if APs were impacted. Mine expires in 5 days... I think I may just go ahead and call to renew tomorrow.)

LoriKay
08-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I started a thread but I want to post here as well in hopes of finding a kind soul!! I deleted my July Mousesavers newsletter but I want to buy my tickets from Undercovertourist before the price increase. Would someone please forward that newsletter to me? Thanks.

babiesX2
08-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the FYI! :)

kritter
08-04-2006, 07:01 PM
thanks I need to get mine where is the best place to get them??????

irishbosoxfan
08-04-2006, 07:06 PM
I have a question or two...

We are planning on going back in January---We know we want the dining plan so do we have to buy the tickets with the dining plan and the room or can we just buy the room and the dining plan and buy the tickets seperate?

patsal
08-04-2006, 07:14 PM
I have a question or two...

We are planning on going back in January---We know we want the dining plan so do we have to buy the tickets with the dining plan and the room or can we just buy the room and the dining plan and buy the tickets seperate?

If you want the DDP you will need to purchase the tickets with the room it is a package only thing with the DDP unless you have DVC.

irishbosoxfan
08-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks Patsal! wasn't sure figured it couldn't hurt to ask!

pjpoohbear
08-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Any news on AP's?

Thanks
Pj

kritter
08-04-2006, 08:01 PM
where is the best plcae to get tickets??????

HayGan
08-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up Beth!

I just ordered my 10 day no expire MYW pass from Undercover Tourist.

CindyAnn
08-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Knitter - The Mousesavers.com website suggests buying tickets at Undercover Tourist (http://www.undercovertourist.com/united-states/florida/orlando/attractions/tickets/) or Ticket Mania (http://www.ticketmania.com/discounttickets.shtml) . AAA is also worth a look.

Cheers,

bettyann29
08-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh man!! This puts even more pressure on me to make a decision.. :sad2: I already have airline tickets for Labor Day weekend and am trying to decide if we will go to WDW or Universal.. I need to decide so if we go to WDW I can get our tickets tomorrow.. ugh..

Mickey&Donald
08-04-2006, 08:31 PM
I work at Disney Store and have not heard about a price increase for our tickets. You may want to go to your local DS for tickets!

punkin
08-04-2006, 08:32 PM
No problem. Just to give you Disney terminology....

All rates are subject to change until package is paid in full. After package is paid in full, rate is subject to change due to imposition of taxes or other charges of governmental authorities. All rates are in U.S. dollars.

And since this is not a tax issue we, all of us who are going during free dining, are just fine.

I'm not fine. I have one day base tickets I was planning to upgrade when I get there. :confused3

CarolA
08-04-2006, 08:41 PM
AP info

From Allearsnet.com

New Adult Annual Passport goes from $441.98 to $462.21 (tax included); while the Premium Annual Adult Passport goes from $574.05 to $595.36 (tax included).

My AP expires WEDNESDAY. I am going to try to call tomorrow and renew early. (OF course the website is broken right now... Gotta love Disney's IT shop., I hope they work cheap for the quality they provide)

Karel
08-04-2006, 09:10 PM
No, no, no! Not now. I wanted to add a day to our tickets and due to circumstances beyond our control, I can't do it till we check in, in 21 days.

Grrrrrrr. I wonder how much difference for a 5 day to 6 day?

sorul82?
08-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Does anyone know if child AP's are increasing?

littleEinsteins4
08-04-2006, 09:37 PM
AHH!! I am going 8/21-8/25 and will be purchasing TOMORROW!!!!!!

THANKS BETH FOR POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :thumbsup2

dodukes
08-04-2006, 09:57 PM
I think this is a way to make their money back on free dining, cuz how coincidetal that it would start right along with free dining when a lot of us want to upgrade our one days to the ap's....:( do you think i can call tomorrow and ask to apply that an dupgrade over the phone (yeah i know wishful thinking)

triplefigs
08-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Our 45 day mark to pay off our package is 8/9. I'm going to call tomorrow instead and pay in full! Appreciate the info.

daretodream
08-04-2006, 11:04 PM
We were planning to upgrade base ticket to pass for our Sept trip. Anyone know if that can be done over the phone but not applied until our arrival? By the way our package is paid in full. Probably hopeless, but no harm in asking. Gotta save those pennies where I can... :sad2:

my3kids
08-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Once you book a package and pay the deposit, the price shouldn't change, even if you haven't made the final payment. If you have something on hold though and have not paid the initial deposit, then it could.

CarolA
08-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Just an FYI. The AP site worked for me a few minutes ago and I was able to renew at the current rate.

Letsbgoofy
08-05-2006, 06:29 AM
I think this is a way to make their money back on free dining, cuz how coincidetal that it would start right along with free dining when a lot of us want to upgrade our one days

Exactly what I was thinking. We have one day base tickets because I still have 6 days left from last year on my ticket. Now I'm going to have to pay more to upgrade my DHs ticket when we get there or upgrade both tickets now before the increase. It would be nice if you could just upgrade one of the passes rather than having to keep both the same...

dvcgirl
08-05-2006, 06:33 AM
I think this is a way to make their money back on free dining, cuz how coincidetal that it would start right along with free dining when a lot of us want to upgrade our one days to the ap's....:( do you think i can call tomorrow and ask to apply that an dupgrade over the phone (yeah i know wishful thinking)

I highly doubt that this has anything to do with free dining....rather, energy costs. It's much more likely that we're seeing inflation at work here....or at least Disney anticipating inflation numbers continuing to rise.

TnTsParty
08-05-2006, 07:27 AM
I am sure someone can answer my question. If I purchase an annual pass off the Disney website for today's prices will it be good for a year from purchase date or a year from the first use date?

kritter
08-05-2006, 07:38 AM
does undercovertourist reflect what the new price will be??????

InstImpres
08-05-2006, 07:49 AM
I am sure someone can answer my question. If I purchase an annual pass off the Disney website for today's prices will it be good for a year from purchase date or a year from the first use date?

AP's are sent in the form of a voucher. Your year starts once you turn it in. (so in theory you could buy 5 of them today to keep the low price for the next five years)

PaulaMurf
08-05-2006, 08:09 AM
I just ordered my tickets for our January trip. Might as well save a few $$ wherever we can!!

Thanks again.

Paula in CT

pirate:

dreamalittledream
08-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Once you book a package and pay the deposit, the price shouldn't change, even if you haven't made the final payment. If you have something on hold though and have not paid the initial deposit, then it could.

this is what I was hoping is correct, I have a pkg and my final payment isn't due til Oct. It would really stink if they increased it on me.

dreamalittledream
08-05-2006, 08:41 AM
oooh are they raising Fl resident prices also? I need to wawrn my family if they are.

CarolA
08-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Allearsnet.com has a complete new ticket pricing chart. They say Fl Resident Passes went up too.

dvcgirl
08-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Allearsnet.com has a complete new ticket pricing chart. They say Fl Resident Passes went up too.

Our renewal date isn't until 09/15/06 for our seasonal passes. Can we renew now and save the $35 or so.....or are we going to have to pay since we're not within 30 days of our renewal date? Anyone know?

Trip2Disney
08-05-2006, 09:14 AM

Just got off the phone with CRO and the CM confirmed this for me. According to her (& the instruction sheet that they had just been given that she was reading off of) if you have an existing package booked for check-in through December 31, 2006 and have made the initial $200 deposit, your ticket prices will not increase. In other words, your ticket prices are locked in & it is not necessary to make your final payment before tomorrow's increase.

She also confirmed that 2007 packages will be available for booking tomorrow. She wasn't sure about 2007 AAA rates, but thought those would be tomorrow, too, or shortly thereafter.

I also asked about how the tax increase that goes into effect Sept. 1 would be handled for those of us with packages that are paid in full before then. According to her sheet, if the package was not paid in full by August 1, 2006 & check-in is Sept. 1 or later, you will be responsible for the difference. It just wasn't clear how/when it would be handled (at check-in, a separate bill from CRO, etc.). I hope that makes sense to someone -- I'm not sure why the Aug. 1 date is important (was the rate increase approved that day?), I just know that since I don't check-in until Sept. 30, I will be paying a little more in tax (but not on tickets :teeth: ).

Tjaleks
08-05-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm not fine. I have one day base tickets I was planning to upgrade when I get there. :confused3

Sorry I didn't think of this situation. My sister will be in the same boat when we go in a couple of weeks, (so not sure why I didn't think of it).