PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities who love WDW?

Ellajoan
08-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Just curious...there are so many of us "regular" folk who love Disney parks---do we know of any celebrities who love the parks like we do?

I know John Stamos and Kelly Ripa are big fans....who else?

ParrotBill
08-04-2006, 08:12 PM
I saw a picture in the paper that Molly Ringwold was there with her daughter recently.

JerseyGirl114
08-04-2006, 10:11 PM
We sat a few tables away from her on our last trip while having dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, not sure if she's a fan or was just there on abc business :confused3

goofie4goofy
08-04-2006, 10:19 PM
A bellman at the GF told us that J.LO is a big fan and goes often under an assumed name. He told me without hair and make up she is unrecognizeable. He also told us about John Stamos too, so it must be true!

I see Susan Lucci around shopping and about town (where I live)....isn't she so beautiful? God... my next life I want to come back looking like that! I was shocked when I read that she is 59!

disneymama73
08-04-2006, 10:27 PM
We sat a few tables away from her on our last trip while having dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, not sure if she's a fan or was just there on abc business :confused3

She may have been there for Soap Opera Weekend.

Alice28
08-04-2006, 10:34 PM
I've heard Sean Hannity talk about how much he loves to take his family to WDW.

mandy200587
08-04-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm pretty sure Gary Levox is a fan. I know he spent his anniversary with his wife there.

2Princes2Princesses
08-04-2006, 11:11 PM
I have heard Mick Foley is a HUGE disney lover.

Also, seems like people have seen the man of my dreams, Vincent D'Onofrio, there pretty often. He was also at the POTC premiere. :teeth:

BlindTyldak
08-04-2006, 11:20 PM

Also, seems like people have seen the man of my dreams, Vincent D'Onofrio, there pretty often. He was also at the POTC premiere. :teeth:

Yup, Mick Foley definitely is, he's also often at Santa's Village (? I always get the name confused with the one in the White Mountains) in Vermont, just over the border from the berkshires. Which has awesome pancakes, btw.

ANYWHOO, Tom Brady is a huge WDW fan as well.

LuluLovesDisney
08-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Jason Marsden makes trips there often. He does a lot of Disney business (voicework usually, he's Goofy's son Max's voice- but has done work w/ Disney from Gummi Bears to Step by Step to the Weekenders - tons of stuff). He is a really nice, funny and down to earth guy. I hung out with him for over an hour one night in PI a few years ago. My friends took pics with him but I was too embarrassed to ask and *he* asked *me* if I wanted to come over and get in a picture with him. Super nice guy! And cuter in person! ;) He loves PI, HOB and the Boardwalk.

GOOFY4LIFE
08-05-2006, 01:10 AM
On my first trip to WDW in 97 while in line for BTMR I turn around and see former New York Yankee Paul O'Neil and his family. The Yankees were in town playing the Braves in spring training.

mandy200587
08-05-2006, 01:25 AM
Several years when I was much younger, Hulk stayed in Hawaii, Tonga at the time.

LuluLovesDisney
08-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Hulk Hogan was in the Great Movie Ride in 1999 when my friend was working there.

Bunch24
08-05-2006, 01:39 AM

The only two times I've been to WDW, I've seen Mick Foley there. The first time was for our honeymoon and he was nice enough to talk to me for a few minutes and take a picture. Very nice, down-to-earth guy. And yes, he was wearing a flannel shirt and jogging pants.

IHeartTink04
08-05-2006, 01:42 AM
I know that Rosie O'Donell was a huge fan when her show was on.

kabbie
08-05-2006, 01:58 AM

Just had to say that I love Vincent D'Onofrio as well. I think I have seen every episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Boy would I love to see him at WDW. :love:

mla2177
08-05-2006, 07:23 AM
I bet Johnny Depp is a big fan now................................ since Disney World has probably made him MILLIONs for POTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Dina
08-05-2006, 08:34 AM
I've heard Steven Tyler is there alot, and everyone who has seen him, says they saw him at BC/YC.

I've also read that someone saw Kevin Bacon with his family at The Contemporary.

Harambe
08-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Gary Sinise goes a lot, too. I read an article where he says he loves to bring his kids to WDW. And he used to be a reader at the Candlelight Procession.

Tarheel Tink
08-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Drew Carey! He had pages of hints for Rosie's trip; one in particular was to pretend to be reading a paper while going down Splash Mountain for the photo, LOL!

527DiSnEyBelle
08-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Chalk another one up for Mick Foley....I saw him there too! We also saw the owner of the New York Islanders there, I cant remember his name right now but my dad and brother are huge hockey fans and recognized him right on the spot! :)

MyGoofy26
08-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Yep, we saw Mick Foley there as well a few years ago. I had no idea who he was, but my cousin's husband came running up fidgeting like a toddler that has to pee "Did you see who just went in Pooh?! Look! Look!"

And yes, flannel and sweatpants. :teeth:

When I did my CP I heard buzz 3 or 4 times in the few months I was there about Steven Tyler and Joe Perry being around. Finally got to see Steven Tyler for myself a couple days before New Years.

I've heard Mariah Carey takes her entourage quite often as well. They were there during my CP, but I didn't see.

Miller1412
08-05-2006, 10:45 AM
I've heard Paris Hilton and the Hilton family are big fans and I've seen photos of them there.

joshsmom
08-05-2006, 11:37 AM
I've never seen anyone famous (other than Mickey and friends) there. I don't know if its because I'm so wrapped up in my own little fantasy world that I don't notice them, they are unrecognizable, or because I just don't know that they are stars! Seems to me if I saw Steven Tyler from Aerosmith, I would recognize him!!!

HappyLawyer
08-05-2006, 12:10 PM
i am not famous but i have 4 people in my family who are, i will not reveal them, some of you on here know who they are from previous posts and discussions, but 1 of them loves florida, the other 2 will be going for the first time this year, all i can tell you is they are very excited,

I can only say if you see a famous person at disney, please be considerate as they too are on vacation with their family and they want to enjoy themselves as well.

MushyMushy
08-05-2006, 12:57 PM
i am not famous but i have 4 people in my family who are, i will not reveal them, some of you on here know who they are from previous posts and discussions, but 1 of them loves florida, the other 2 will be going for the first time this year, all i can tell you is they are very excited,

I can only say if you see a famous person at disney, please be considerate as they too are on vacation with their family and they want to enjoy themselves as well.

Was the mini-lecture necessary? :confused3

Personally, I wouldn't know a famous person unless they walked up and introduced themselves. I'm far too wrapped up in my own family and our fun to even notice.

Although... maybe if Johnny Depp crossed my path.... :love:

Tigger79
08-05-2006, 01:14 PM
We were at MK on the 4th of July in 2005 near Casey's Corner and my parents thought they saw Alice Cooper(he was dressed all in black) I didnt have a clue who he was. Him and two children were talking to a CM and no one was bothering them.

BlindTyldak
08-05-2006, 01:29 PM
We were at MK on the 4th of July in 2005 near Casey's Corner and my parents thought they saw Alice Cooper(he was dressed all in black) I didnt have a clue who he was. Him and two children were talking to a CM and no one was bothering them.

How old were the "children"? His kids aren't young, Calico (his daughter) is in her early 20's.

canda
08-05-2006, 01:29 PM

Is that the guy that lives in the van, down by the river?

Tigger79
08-05-2006, 01:49 PM
His children were young maybe 6 & 8? They could have been his grandchildren? Dont know. :confused3

DizGeek
08-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Yup, Mick Foley definitely is, he's also often at Santa's Village (? I always get the name confused with the one in the White Mountains) in Vermont, just over the border from the berkshires. Which has awesome pancakes, btw.

Santas Village is in New Hampshire, not Vermont. :thumbsup2

Also, how do you know Tom Brady is a big fan? That makes me like him even more.

Rock'n Robin
08-05-2006, 02:35 PM
The only famous person I've ever seen at WDW is Michael Eisner--and who knows if he is a fan anymore? ;) I bet he is; it's hard to give it up.
Robin M.
who has no "famous" people in her family! So bother us all you want!

Dis-Wiz
08-05-2006, 02:45 PM
I know that Wayne Brady is a huge Disney fan too.

He used be a cast member at either DL or WDW (before his singing and acting career), and he was part of the 50th celebration ceremony at DL.

BlindTyldak
08-05-2006, 02:52 PM

okay, this is the vermont one, like I said, I always get the names confused. :)

http://www.santasland.com/

My DH is a huge Pats fan - we're from MA ourselves, originally! - he read it on NFL.com or something like that.

As for Alice, I'm sorry to say that was likely not him, unless he was travelling with someone else's kids. His youngest (of 3) is 14, and no grandchildren yet.

VSL
08-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Well, I do now :teeth: (although I have not heard of most of the people mentioned in this thread - I imagine that they are nationally famous rather than internationally famous?).

Wouldn't notice if I was there though.

wdarling
08-05-2006, 03:57 PM
funny how some of you mention not paying any attention and being wrapped up with your own fam. maybe 10ish years ago there was a photo in the paper of michael jackson pushing his child in a stroller through the magic kingdom between mickey's toontown and fantasyland. this was near 4th of july time and not one person is paying any attention to him. including my entire fam who is in the shot. everyone is rushing to different parts of the park (esp us you see my brother and i running to our next ride with my mom and grandma carrying all our gear)

Merylj
08-05-2006, 04:07 PM
funny how some of you mention not paying any attention and being wrapped up with your own fam. maybe 10ish years ago there was a photo in the paper of michael jackson pushing his child in a stroller through the magic kingdom between mickey's toontown and fantasyland. this was near 4th of july time and not one person is paying any attention to him. including my entire fam who is in the shot. everyone is rushing to different parts of the park (esp us you see my brother and i running to our next ride with my mom and grandma carrying all our gear)

That`s wonderful! Goes to show in Disney we are all equal :goodvibes

nja33
08-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Several years when I was much younger, Hulk stayed in Hawaii, Tonga at the time.

He used to film his show 'Thunder in Paradise' at the Poly? I think. We saw them filming in 1994 while riding the monorail. It was very cool at the time since we were all WWF fans and Hulk was our favorite.

dhcoffey
08-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Just had to say that I love Vincent D'Onofrio as well. I think I have seen every episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Boy would I love to see him at WDW. :love:

Okay, I will make you jealous now. I met him at MVMCP this past Dec. 11th. He was so nice and, yes, I love him, too. It was probably one of the coolest things ever that has happened to me!! :love:

2Princes2Princesses
08-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Okay, I will make you jealous now. I met him at MVMCP this past Dec. 11th. He was so nice and, yes, I love him, too. It was probably one of the coolest things ever that has happened to me!! :love:

AAACK!! I actually saw on a thread on here that he was in Animal Kingdom with his kids the same day we were in 2005. I was bitter I didn't see him.

Someday........<sigh>

The Sweetness
08-05-2006, 07:59 PM
I don't know if its because I'm so wrapped up in my own little fantasy world that I don't notice them

once at park opening in MK, Aladin waled right up to us and said good morning, and we didnt even recognize him. It was Jan, and he was wearing a long coat :rotfl2:

joshsmom
08-05-2006, 08:10 PM
once at park opening in MK, Aladin waled right up to us and said good morning, and we didnt even recognize him. It was Jan, and he was wearing a long coat :rotfl2:

That would have been me--TOTALLY CLUELESS!! :rotfl2:

SG1Fan
08-05-2006, 08:17 PM
I've seen Julie Andrews(she was signing a book), Tony Danza, Regis and Kelly, and I stood next to Evander Holyfield in line in toon town. I'm sure there are more around when we are there but honestly, I'm too busy keeping up with the 6 year old.

married@wdw
08-05-2006, 08:23 PM
John Stamos is a HUGE Disney fan -- he bought the "D" from the Disneyland sign when they changed it. He took Rebecca Romijn to Disneyland on their first date.

Steven Tyler takes his family to WDW at least once each year. We saw them getting out of a van at Boardwalk a few years ago.

And I know Marie Osmond is a big fan. We've seen her with her brood several times -- she's usually doing a doll signing at some point while we're there, but we've only ever seen them in the parks.

And Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos (sp?) are also Disney lovers (I'm sure her job helps ;-)! They were at Animal Kingdom for the the DVC / AP sneak peak of EE. We saw them later at GF after we finished dinner and Kelly told my SIL how beautiful her baby is -- wow! We especially loved seeing them because they were a normal family -- they had their four kids and were trying to get everyone organized to go to the bathroom in shifts -- kinda funny. Kelly's parents with them and they were just doing the park thing -- no nannies, assistants, etc.

527DiSnEyBelle
08-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Is that the guy that lives in the van, down by the river?

Hahaha!! Thats Matt Foley, it was a character that Chris Farley made up for Saturday Night Live. He was a motivational speaker who 'lived in a van, down by the river!' It was hilarious!! :)

Soarin'Steven
08-06-2006, 01:43 AM
I know George Lucas is a pretty big fan of WDW.

goofyshell
08-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Hines Ward(football player) is a huge Disney fan. He has a Mickey tatoo on his bicep!!

HayGan
08-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Hines Ward(football player) is a huge Disney fan. He has a Mickey tatoo on his bicep!!

Of course the Super Bowl MVP is a big fan of Disney :)

BTW, who the heck is Mick Foley :confused3

MushyMushy
08-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Of course the Super Bowl MVP is a big fan of Disney :)

BTW, who the heck is Mick Foley :confused3

I didn't know who he was either, so I looked it up and he's a wrestler. I recognized him because he wore a face mask. I don't know if he still does or not. :confused3

Corinne
08-06-2006, 08:35 AM
I didn't know who he was either, so I looked it up and he's a wrestler. I recognized him because he wore a face mask. I don't know if he still does or not. :confused3

I looked him up too...never heard of him or seen him. When I think of celebrities, I think of people who are actually famous! lol!

We have seen a number of celebs--Cameron Diaz & Justin, Kathie Lee Gifford, Dick Clark, we were there for an ESPN weekend so saw quite a few of course, the only one I recognized was Joe Namath ;) but my dh & boys knew them all. We have also been told that Arnold & Maria like the YC, but we have never seen them there.

ely3857
08-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Jonathon Ross (very famous in the uk, has a chat show & is a film critic) & his family are massive WDW fans and are regularly spotted there dureing the school holidays. His family are very visable, slighlty eccenticly dressed and his wife has bright red hair.

Katie Price (British glamour model) often has photo shoots with & without her family at WDW but am unsure wether she is a fan or if all of her trips are paid for by OK magazine.

:sunny:

Jodie

kabbie
08-06-2006, 11:13 AM

AUGH! I left WDW Dec 10th!!! How ironic!!!

jimmytammy
08-06-2006, 03:37 PM
I know Steven Tyler and Joe Perry are spotted often in the parks. I understand theat Jon Bon Jovi frequents the parks also.

We saw Robert Urich sitting in front of us at the Country Bear Jamboree in 2000.

katytrott
08-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Jonathon Ross (very famous in the uk, has a chat show & is a film critic) & his family are massive WDW fans and are regularly spotted there dureing the school holidays. His family are very visable, slighlty eccenticly dressed and his wife has bright red hair.

Katie Price (British glamour model) often has photo shoots with & without her family at WDW but am unsure wether she is a fan or if all of her trips are paid for by OK magazine.

:sunny:

Jodie

Yeah. I have always loved Jonathan Ross, he seems such a nice guy. I like him even more now. Incidently we bumped into Jordan and Peter Andre the other day in Brighton. My Dad and Brother in law saw them (kinda stood out)but were oblivious to who they were. When I said "didn't you recognise Jordan's face?" they both answered in unison "She had a face?" :lmao: :lmao:
Sorry, off topic and probably only relevant to readers from the UK.

Chuck65
08-06-2006, 08:55 PM
If this counts........I met "Big Daddy" Don Garlits and got his autograph on our way to Disney the last time. We had stopped at a Steak and Shake just south of Savannah and I saw this hauler with his top fuel car pull in. Anyway, I got to meet him. Very cool guy.

apirateslifeforme
08-07-2006, 08:53 AM
I know Steven Tyler and Joe Perry are spotted often in the parks. I understand theat Jon Bon Jovi frequents the parks also.

Remind me to pack some restraints for my mother in the event that we ever see Jon Bon Jovi there...

And some for me, in case of a Joe Perry sighting :love:

Simba22
08-07-2006, 02:18 PM
DBF and I would just about die to meet a wrestler or Steven Tyler in WDW. Mick Foley is a huge favorite of ours, and he only wears the mask on occasion now...you have to be a wrestling fan to understand! :goodvibes

DisneyDreamer2
08-07-2006, 03:48 PM
We met Vincent D'Onofrio the week of May 13, 2005 at Animal Kingdom. His son was sleeping on his shoulder while the cast membere in the plaid vest led him and his teenage daughter through the Pangani Trail to the backstage entrance to the Safari. I was talking kind of loud to my DH when Vincent turned around and gave me a "look" since his son was sleeping. I about died and went weak at the knees. He is gorgeous in person and wow, twice in one year, must be a disney lover too.

hsmamato2
08-07-2006, 04:07 PM
That`s wonderful! Goes to show in Disney we are all equal :goodvibes
haha,except for the rides shut down except to your famous family....the bodyguards with the strollers, the 10 dis cm's making sure no one bothers your famous self...though anyone famous can do what they want, but if it was Johnny Depp in line near me, he'd need the security! haha just kidding... :rotfl2:

glass slipper girl
08-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Aside from the celebs we saw filming the Christmas parade, around the parks we've seen Tom Bergeron (from America's Funniest Home Videos) at Beaches and Cream, Kelly Ripa riding Soarin at Epcot and Paul McCrane (who played Dr. Romano on ER) was at the next table at Yachtsman while DH and I had dinner there.

haleofafamily
08-07-2006, 04:53 PM
I have friends who were at Epcot when Soarin' opened. The CM's told them that John Travolta had just been on the ride. Apparently, he flew in just to go on the ride because he likes the DL one so much.

EnnEss
08-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Mick Foley is a wrestler, not sure if he still is. His wrestling name was Mankind for quite some time.

I recall a Dave Chapelle show where he did some stand up about going to WDW with his kids and just being hassled non stop, who know's how much of it was true as he was just doing stand up. The bit was seriously funny though:).

JerseyGirl114
08-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Remind me to pack some restraints for my mother in the event that we ever see Jon Bon Jovi there...

I live a few blocks away from Jon Bon Jovi - DD's friend plays football with his son. In the 9 yrs I've been here the closest I ever got was in line at Starbucks!!! I was in front of him and didn't know it until I turned around - ugh!!! :cloud9: Everyone says he's real nice though.

bassoon2
08-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Clay Aiken!! And Disney loves him back!!!! (new CD coming Sept 19)

BeckWhy
08-07-2006, 05:48 PM
I have never seen any famous person there ever. I feel left out. :(

I'm assuming you are a Baldwin or a Wayans then. ;)

sunny_
08-09-2006, 05:42 PM
I've never seen a famous person at Disney either. Not to say that I haven't been at a park when a famous person was there - I just didn't notice if I was. The only time I look at people is if I am in a long, boring line. Then I "people watch". lol

I did hear that several years ago, Mariah Carey was in the Magic Kingdom and rode Splash Mountain while wearing a poncho. That's all I know. lol. I don't even know any good celebrity stories at Disney let alone have a celebrity encounter there! lol

Deebo
08-09-2006, 07:09 PM
I saw Mickey Mouse there! Does that count? :)

BCV2002
08-09-2006, 08:16 PM
When we were there with our family for NYE in 2002/2003, my SIL, DH, and I got off POTC and my BIL told us he saw Barry Bonds on Aladdin and said hi to him. We were disappointed we didn't get to see him and low and behold about a minute later he came off POTC (even though the wait was an hour. hmmmm :rotfl: ). He had a bodyguard, but he was so huge (and super tall) that we wondered why. :tigger: :mickeyjum

treehugger
08-09-2006, 08:20 PM
I hear that Sigourney Weaver and Mel Gibson stay at the Poly quite alot.

bell.of.the.ball
08-09-2006, 08:21 PM
I once saw Hugh Hefner and the "ladies" coming out oth the Haunted Mansion with a tour guide.

alyssa810
08-09-2006, 08:30 PM
I met Derek Lowe (former Red Sox, current Dodger) at AK in February 2003 with his then wife and 2 kids. His newest wasn't born yet, and when I saw in the paper that they had a 3rd baby, I tried to do the math to see if they brought home " a little souvenir" like the commercial :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Anyway, this was before he left the Sox and while he was still a "family man." His wife was nice enough to take a picture of us too, which was cool.

billsfan
08-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Yep, we saw Mick Foley there as well a few years ago. I had no idea who he was, but my cousin's husband came running up fidgeting like a toddler that has to pee "Did you see who just went in Pooh?! Look! Look!"

And yes, flannel and sweatpants. :teeth:

When I did my CP I heard buzz 3 or 4 times in the few months I was there about Steven Tyler and Joe Perry being around. Finally got to see Steven Tyler for myself a couple days before New Years.

I've heard Mariah Carey takes her entourage quite often as well. They were there during my CP, but I didn't see.

I think Mick Foley is always there!!!! We saw him in Dec 2005. We were sitting in the Concourse Steakhouse at the first table as soon as you walk in and first saw him and his family walk by heading to Chef Mickey's. I believe they didn't have ADRs because 5 minutes later he and his family were walking away from Chef Mickey's. I gave a little shout out "Hello Mr. Foley!" He turned to me and gave me a "Bang, Bang". Oh Yeah, He was wearing sweatpants and a red flannel.

The moral of this story: ALWAYS MAKE YOUR ADRs FOR CHEF MICKEY"S :rotfl2:

Mousema
08-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Does DCL count? We were on a 3 day with teen star Aaron Carter.

goofyernmost
08-09-2006, 10:03 PM

That would be in New Hampshire. We can't take credit for it.

goofyernmost
08-09-2006, 10:16 PM
okay, this is the vermont one, like I said, I always get the names confused. :)

Not to put to fine a point on it but you must be confusing this with something else. I have lived in Vermont for 43 years and there is no Santa's anything in Vermont that I know of. There is one in New Hampshire (Santa's Village) and one in Upstate New York (the North Pole).

Not really important but just for the sake of accuracy. Santa does, however, stop in on Christmas Eve. I guess because we are between his Summer and Winter home. :rotfl2:

Chim Chiminy
08-09-2006, 10:28 PM
DH and were about to play one of the AK Dinoland games this last March when some football player and his family walked over. The CM was getting all excited "Don't you know who that is?" Uh, no. We don't watch football.

Anyways this guy is a linebacker for the Bears or something? Some team from Chicago.
He was with his family and there for ESPN weekend.
And yes, he won the game and got the really big prize, even though there were only two other people playing.
We really had no idea who he was.

But at MGM we did see a lot of famous people there for ESPN weekend. Bruce Jenner I recognized and the Sklaar brothers.

SaraMc
08-09-2006, 10:41 PM
We saw Raven Symone at a autograph signing inside Mouseworks in Epcot. We were just walking by DH wanted to know what the crowd was about and saw her, we then continued shopping.

Tiffer
08-10-2006, 12:39 AM

That's NICK Foley! He was a wrestler who also did something with a sock at one pint I think :rotfl2:

Tiffer
08-10-2006, 12:43 AM
I have never seen any famous person there ever. I feel left out. :(

I'm assuming you are a Baldwin or a Wayans then. ;)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Maybe a Fonda??

Tiffer
08-10-2006, 12:48 AM
I'm with you guys. I wouldn't notice any celebs. I amin my own private Idaho. I stood in an elevator w/ DH and Joe Theisman and Dh introduced me to him, saying don't you know who that is??? And I looked at J.T. and said."sorry" he was wonderfully polite and pretty cool.

I have an AP to DL and ther are always celebs around here. NEver noticed one! Cool for those of you who have!

lzmir
08-10-2006, 06:10 PM
a few years back when my family and i were staying on the concierge level of the poly, we saw LeVar Burton (from star trek, reading rainbow) walking around the floor with a few other people (security, friends?). he waved to the guests and made his way to the elevator. popcorn::

MissD
08-10-2006, 06:41 PM
We saw Harrison Ford with one of his children at Beaches and Cream a few years back....They were sitting at the counter eating ice cream...and just in case we hadn't noticed him to begin with, all his WDW chaperones were a tip-off ;)

BTW-he looks AWESOME in person!

M<3'sMickey
08-10-2006, 06:51 PM
http://photos-845.facebook.com/ip006/v39/89/104/19600764/n19600764_30370845_5065.jpg

If I ever saw him at the World...forget it! I'd be done for the day! :love: :love: :love:

huskiesnu06
08-10-2006, 07:04 PM
While on vacation a few years ago with my parents to Disney we saw Drew Carey, Richard Karn (Al from home improvement) and we were told by a lifeguard that Leonardo DiCaprio was staying at the WL at the same time that we were.
Erin :love:

bnelms
08-10-2006, 07:16 PM

Pack some for me too! If I saw Jon Bon Jovi there it would be all over! I love Disney but that would make it the ultimate! :love:

Dreamseeker
08-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Wayne Brady and Joey Fatone (although he's not exactly famous anymore) come a lot, since they both were cast members once!
And pretty much all of the Disney Channel kids, naturally, since they come for tapings etc. all the time :)
Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, too, as well as John Stamos (as many have stated before)! They actually came together last year, I think....there was a picture in the Orlando Sentinel I believe!

I really liked that picture of John Bon Jovi and Mickey :cloud9:

There were often rumors about Michael Jackson being there among the cast members, no one I knew ever actually saw him!

allaboutmm
08-10-2006, 07:51 PM

I second that !!!! Maybe Teddy B could go w/ Tom next time :teeth: !!

patsal
08-10-2006, 08:36 PM
John Stamos is a HUGE Disney fan -- he bought the "D" from the Disneyland sign when they changed it. He took Rebecca Romijn to Disneyland on their first date.

Steven Tyler takes his family to WDW at least once each year. We saw them getting out of a van at Boardwalk a few years ago.

And I know Marie Osmond is a big fan. We've seen her with her brood several times -- she's usually doing a doll signing at some point while we're there, but we've only ever seen them in the parks.

And Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos (sp?) are also Disney lovers (I'm sure her job helps ;-)! They were at Animal Kingdom for the the DVC / AP sneak peak of EE. We saw them later at GF after we finished dinner and Kelly told my SIL how beautiful her baby is -- wow! We especially loved seeing them because they were a normal family -- they had their four kids and were trying to get everyone organized to go to the bathroom in shifts -- kinda funny. Kelly's parents with them and they were just doing the park thing -- no nannies, assistants, etc.

I saw Kelly Ripa and Marc C. with the kids the week after fourth of July 2005. It was really neat to see how they were with the kids and doing the Disney thing just like everyone else--really blended in with the crowd I just said hi and smiled and kept on walking. I was alone while DH was taking the kids on Space Mt.

MissD
08-11-2006, 05:39 PM
http://photos-845.facebook.com/ip006/v39/89/104/19600764/n19600764_30370845_5065.jpg

If I ever saw him at the World...forget it! I'd be done for the day! :love: :love: :love:

They would definitely need to resuscitate me! :love:

Has anyone ever seen JBJ while at DVC's Vero Beach Resort? One of the CM's told me that he and his family go there quite often....sadly, never when I do....

SomePixiedust
08-11-2006, 10:11 PM
We saw LA Laker's Rick Fox on DCL a few years ago. I didn't know who he was, but we saw him in the spa and he was very gracious to the kids hanging around outside the door trying to get a glimpse (that's when I found out who he was).

bearbear
08-11-2006, 10:18 PM
We have seen Tommy Lasorda at 1900 park fare. We felt bad for him because everyone was bothering him. We also saw Michael Strahan and Chris Carter. I do tend to be in my own world when I'm there. My husband picks the people out.

Humphrey53209
08-12-2006, 08:07 AM
We met Vincent D'Onofrio the week of May 13, 2005 at Animal Kingdom. His son was sleeping on his shoulder while the cast membere in the plaid vest led him and his teenage daughter through the Pangani Trail to the backstage entrance to the Safari. I was talking kind of loud to my DH when Vincent turned around and gave me a "look" since his son was sleeping. I about died and went weak at the knees. He is gorgeous in person and wow, twice in one year, must be a disney lover too.

A few years ago, my wife and I were returning from MK to GF on the small boat. A person with a cane was having difficulty getting on and looked as if she was about to fall. Another guy and myself went to assist and helped her get seated. He smiled at me and said, "chivalry lives." I chuckled, sat back down next to my wife and she told me that the other guy was Vincent D'Onofrio. He"s seemingly a very nice guy.

Regards,
Humphrey53209

kabbie
07-29-2007, 05:37 AM
Wow it's been a year. Time to revive. :yay:

kabbie
07-29-2007, 05:39 AM
A few years ago, my wife and I were returning from MK to GF on the small boat. A person with a cane was having difficulty getting on and looked as if she was about to fall. Another guy and myself went to assist and helped her get seated. He smiled at me and said, "chivalry lives." I chuckled, sat back down next to my wife and she told me that the other guy was Vincent D'Onofrio. He"s seemingly a very nice guy.

Regards,
Humphrey53209

Here's hoping that Vincent happens to be at WDW while I'm there. I love him in the schoolgirl crush kinda way. :love: Anyone seen him recently?

PrincessJasmine1972
07-29-2007, 10:58 AM
That's NICK Foley! He was a wrestler who also did something with a sock at one pint I think :rotfl2:

No, actually it is MICK Foley.. ;) Big wrestling fans here,my DH and I..would be cool to see him when we go in September!

Doc CW
07-29-2007, 11:14 AM
When we were there in June we saw some other wrestlers, we saw Chad from Cryme tyme in WDW going to PotC, I dont know if he loves WDW but he and his family were there. Who knows :confused3

Donald Lover11
07-29-2007, 11:54 AM
In 2006 I saw Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem after they won the NBA Championship. :rotfl:

I think I almost died, Dwyane is my favorite NBA player. :goodvibes

BCV2002
02-27-2008, 01:49 PM
When we were there a few years back at the Emporium in MK, we were in a room next to the sports room and a CM came in to tell his friend, another CM, that Charlie Sheen was in the other room. That was pretty cool; we went to look about a minute later, but he was already gone.

RMulieri
02-27-2008, 02:21 PM
I've seen Jon bon Jovi ( huge fan:love: ) ,Ron Howard, and The Rock:goodvibes obviously not all at once

karajeboo
02-27-2008, 02:50 PM
I know that Mike Gallagher (syndicated radio talk show host) is a DVC owner. He took his family a couple years ago and his oldest son got engaged at CRT to a gal I worked with at the time! He talks often on his show about being a DVC owner and a big Disney fan!

livie1205
02-27-2008, 03:34 PM
i rode the tram with Evander Holyfield when leaving MK back in 1998....I had no clue who he was, my MOM pointed him out!

PrincessCastMember
02-27-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted on here already, but Joey Fatone is a huge WDW fan! He has a premium annual pass and is seen mostly at the Magic Kingdom and Pleasure Island.

Rebecuberduber
02-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Yes, I was going to mention Joey Fatone, too. I was reading in some magazine interview with him raving about Disney World. That was recently, but I can't remember which mag...

BabaGanoush
02-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Joey Fatone is a big fan... can be seen alot... can also at times be spotted at Howl at the Moon on I-Drive joining in with the pianos.

Uma Thurman, Melissa Joan Hart, and Terri Hatcher have been seen alot. Harrison Ford comes often as he is involved with Disney's Wildlife Conservation Fund.

Neil Patrick Harris and Gary Sinise are big time Disney fans and are around almost every year for Candlelight - Sinise so much that he is part of an attraction (Mission:Space).

Jane Goodall is a BIG fan - though it may be cuz her foundation is one of the top recipients of grants from the DWCF.

I have personally met Ronde Barber from the Tampa Bay Bucs and Steve Harvey of Original Kings of Comedy fame while at Disney.

Saa62
02-27-2008, 06:41 PM
On 2/12/08 we were standing by the rail on the Boardwalk looking at Crescent Lake and saw 2 bass boats trolling along the edge fishing. One boat had Jimmy Houston(fisherman) and Kerry Earnhardt(Nascar Driver). I did not recognize the people on the other boat, but both boats had a cameraman filming them. They were friendly and talking with anyone that was standing along the rail.

vettechick99
02-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Mick Foley is a wrestler, not sure if he still is. His wrestling name was Mankind for quite some time.

Now I know who Mick Foley is! Y'all use that name next time. ;)

I did see Kevin Bacon at WDW with his family, so mark that as two sightings for him. This was back in 98, though. Sheesh, long time.

How did this thread get bumped back up? Let me know because you're better at the search button than I am!

BCV2002
02-28-2008, 10:45 AM
I've seen Jon bon Jovi ( huge fan:love: ) ,Ron Howard, and The Rock:goodvibes obviously not all at once

If I saw Jovi down there, they'd have to get paramedics b/c I'd probably pass out from excitement! :worship:

BCV2002
02-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Now I know who Mick Foley is! Y'all use that name next time. ;)

I did see Kevin Bacon at WDW with his family, so mark that as two sightings for him. This was back in 98, though. Sheesh, long time.

How did this thread get bumped back up? Let me know because you're better at the search button than I am!

I bumped it back up by just looking at some of my old subscribed threads.

4forWDW
02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
I meant to post this when my family returned from a visit in Oct 05. I wanted to post asap when we returned to check if anyone had seen Kathy Ireland at MK. I forgot about posting it back then. We were walking down the pathway from Cinderella Castle towards Belle's Garden and my DH swears it was Kathy Ireland we passed. By the time I turned to look all I could see was one of the CM in the navy slacks with the vest (I think the vest was plaid or some kind of design) and the back of a woman. Did anyone see her then??
:confused3

ryanmilla
02-28-2008, 11:40 AM
When I was there for a business trip this past summer, I parked at the Beach Club resort being a DVC member. As I was waiting for my car, I asked one of the CMs there if they had seen anyone famous lately. Kind of just to make conversation. The CM told me she actually just got done helping Chris Rock and his family pack up their vehicle to head to the airport about 5-10 minutes earlier. She said apparently he likes to bring his family down every so often.

A couple of weeks ago during Presidents week while we were there I saw an unusually large number of the CM tour guides escorting people around, but no one looked familiar. Not being a sports fan they could all have been some major league something or other and I wouldn't have known.

I did happen to see Mary Lou Retten (sp?) being escorted around by a CM with her family in Animal Kingdom about 8 yrs ago.

That's about it. Like others now a days I'm usually concentrating on chasing my kids around to notice anything else around me.

brandi~momof3
02-28-2008, 12:17 PM
we saw Kevin Bacon, Kyra Sedgwick and their kids at DHS a few years ago
our friends saw the Rock and his family at CRT

Luv4Disney
02-28-2008, 12:45 PM
There's always lots of pics with celebs and their kids at DL.

Aurora's Mommy
02-28-2008, 12:45 PM
OK, this wasn't at WDW, but when we were on the Disney Cruise the summer before last, Slash from Guns and Roses was also aboard. We didn't find our who he was until midweek, so we kept wondering who this guy thought he was. He walked around without a shirt, long black hair, pierced nipples and this big metal chain around his waist! :scared1: We assume he was with his family, two women and three kids!

isyne4u
02-28-2008, 01:37 PM
When my girl scout troop went to the MK in 1988 we saw Michael Landon and his family headed to Space Mountain with a guide. I remember that his littlest girl was dressed in a snow white costume. This was really late at night near closing time.

A couple of years ago we saw Kathy Najimy (sp.) in Mousegears at EPCOT doing the same thing the rest of us were doing...frantically searching for that perfect gift to take home. There were no guides with her or any kind of entourage. She appeared to be speaking to anyone who stopped her to speak to her.

Maverick Mike
02-28-2008, 01:40 PM
I was on the Disney Cruise in about 1999 and Stewart Scott from ESPN was onboard. He was hilarious singing karaoke to his wife at 1:00 am drunk on the ship!!

He even signed an autograph for my students about staying in school that is hanging on the wall in my classroom right now!

danx2plus3more
02-28-2008, 01:43 PM
we were there easter week 07 and sat two tables away from the brother on everybody loves raymond..i cant think of his name but you know who im talking about he played rays brother..we were eating in the cp having a pooh breakfast

hoosiergirl7
02-28-2008, 02:09 PM
I've never seen famous people at WDW. However when I lived in So. CA we went to DL during Soap Opera weekend and a bunch of soap stars were there. I recognized some of them but honestly couldn't remember a name to save my life.

We tend to end up on airplanes with famous people. While traveling to D.C. back in 1993, I was on an airplane with Jerry Springer. DH was on a plane with Pat Sajak, DH & I were on a plane from LAX to Indy with Hilary Duff on board (she was going to hang out with her then boyfriend Joel Madden who was playing a concert in my hometown). My sister has been on a plane from LAX to Indy after visiting me. She headed home the weekend of Indy 500 and the celebrities flock to the Indy 500.

I'll have to be on the lookout for celebs at the end of April when I'm there.

Mischa
02-28-2008, 02:22 PM
If I saw Jovi down there, they'd have to get paramedics b/c I'd probably pass out from excitement! :worship:

I can relate to that! :thumbsup2

I've never really seen any celebs at WDW, except for this past November when I was there for Soap Weekend. The last day of the Soap thing, my friends & I were at GF and when we came out of the ladies room there was David Canary (Adam Chandler on All My Children & he was on Bonanza YEARS ago) right in front of me. I stopped dead in my tracks and stared. (He really is kind of handsome for an older guy). :) He was with his wife and a couple of CMs so I didn't bother them. Then, as we were about to move (yeah we were blocking the restrooms) :cutie: out comes the kid that plays Cole on One Life to Live - can't remember his name at the moment. Anyway, he walks by me and I just smiled at him (he knew I had recognized him) and he smiled back. He's really cute!

But I would LOVE to meet (or just see) JBJ - just once! :love:

sconnell
02-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I know that Wayne Brady is a huge Disney fan too.

He used be a cast member at either DL or WDW (before his singing and acting career), and he was part of the 50th celebration ceremony at DL.

Wayne was Tigger at the same time a friend of mine was Pluto!:goodvibes

tipsytrtle
02-28-2008, 05:10 PM
we saw christie brinkley way back in 1999 at animal kingdom

kirasmom
02-29-2008, 01:36 AM
I grew up and went to college in LA-- have probably visited DL 100+ times. I agree with other posters who say that they are usually in their own disneyfied world while visiting the park(s). the only time I have ever noticed celebs is when they are with the plaid vested CM escorts hopping to the front of the line-- a major tip off that some famous person is close by. I find it ironic that they can use their celebrity status to get the front-of-the-line perks, but heaven forbid that people recognize them or "bother" them on their trip. We only noticed you because your plaid vested entourage got you to the front of the line on the Matterhorn!

HeyIt'sMe
02-29-2008, 06:46 AM
I don't know if he loves WDW but we saw Joe Piscopo (from SNL) at breakfast at CRT several years ago with his family. Hmmm.....maybe he just loves princesses?

danny1649
02-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Thread fits on this board better.:goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

gk90
02-29-2008, 08:54 AM
I saw this article in today's NY Times and thought of this thread! It's about a rookie pitcher. He sounds like a great guy, has never been to WDW but for his 1st family trip is bringing another family (picked by his local high school) that can't afford a trip. Here's the first paragraph:

If everything works out for Joba Chamberlain and life has been a dream lately he will start and finish this season with a trip to Disney World. That is where athletes go after winning a championship, and it is where Chamberlain is going this weekend, with a family from Nebraska in tow.

The rest of it is here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/29/sports/baseball/29yankees.html?_r=1&ref=sports&oref=slogin

BCV2002
02-29-2008, 09:30 AM
gk90, gotta love those stories!

I have another one; a few years back we were staying at BCV and checking in. I was in the bathroom, and when I came out, my DH said, guess who just walked by me in the lobby? Kurt Warner! Apparently he was staying in one of the suites and was leaving that day.

wdwobsessed!
02-29-2008, 10:03 AM
miley cyrus aka HANNAH MONTANNA was there recently

i love hannah montanna. when i teach my kids at dance they are always yelling for me to put on hannah montanna

Matt'nMeg'sMom
02-29-2008, 12:52 PM
We were in MK on December 2 2006, on one of the days they were pre-taping the "ABC Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade" which airs on Christmas morning.

There were a BUNCH of stars milling around. They were technically "working" but we saw Regis and Kelly, some TV actors I didn't recognize, some castmembers of High School Musical, and Beyonce.

Call me naive, but I always thought it was live!! I had no idea what a canned production it is to put together this TV show. They film over several days, re-filming several takes, sometimes filming only on one float or dance routine over the course of several hours!

OhMari
03-01-2008, 10:48 PM
I grew up and went to college in LA-- have probably visited DL 100+ times. I agree with other posters who say that they are usually in their own disneyfied world while visiting the park(s). the only time I have ever noticed celebs is when they are with the plaid vested CM escorts hopping to the front of the line-- a major tip off that some famous person is close by. I find it ironic that they can use their celebrity status to get the front-of-the-line perks, but heaven forbid that people recognize them or "bother" them on their trip. We only noticed you because your plaid vested entourage got you to the front of the line on the Matterhorn!

Anyone can pay for VIP service-I know a family that paid for the service. The dad is very impatient and he made a deal with his wife, if he was going, he would not wait in line for anything, so she handed him the bill for VIP service. He showed it to everyone when they returned from WDW.

Mikailova
03-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Let's see, it's been a few years back when I was a CM, but I saw Reba McEntire there with her son. She had on no make-up, a baseball cap, and her hair was in pigtails, but she looked great. I wasn't sure it was her until she said something to her son. There's no mistaking her voice. She was waiting in the standby line a Space Mt. and it had like an hour wait at the time. I once heard her say in an interview, many moons ago, that she loves to take her son to Disney, and if anyone approaches her for an autograph that day she says, "I'm just Shelby's mom today."

I also saw Jada Pinkett Smith on Halloween in '02 over in Tomorrowland. Will wasn't with her, but I heard that he'd been in the parks with the family earlier that day. She was there with the kids and what appeared to be a large group of her family. Their kids are cute!:cutie: She didn't have an escort, but my manager asked another CM and I that were working a candy station for MNSSHP to escort her over to the Speedway, because guests were starting to crowd them. She thanked us for our help, but said that it wasn't really necessary and that she and her family didn't want any special treatment. I told her that it was our pleasure and that we just wanted them to have a normal vacation like everyone else, but without any curious onlookers hassling them.

I know one reason that Disney encourages famous people to have an escort is for their's and other guest's protection. I know it sounds odd, but remember the Beatles. It's the same concept. They don't want someone to look up and say "Oh my goodness, there's insert celebrity's name here!" Then there's a mass stampede of guests running that way to get a picture, autograph, piece of their clothing, etc., and some poor child is trampled in the process. I think when people see the VIP escort with them, they get the idea that it's not ok to go up to the famous person and try to get an autograph or picture.

PrincessKara22
03-02-2008, 02:55 PM
I once saw Hugh Hefner and the "ladies" coming out oth the Haunted Mansion with a tour guide.

Bridget and Holly (especially Holly) are HUGE Disney fanatics which make them A-OKAY in my book! Holly even wants to marry Hef at WDW but I don't think he'd go for it!

~Kik-Kik~
03-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Kelly Rippa. I have a ton of pics of her at WDW in 2004. I saw her on 2 diffrent days.