PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Codes?.....

310girls2
08-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Does anyone have any idea (or an educated guess :smooth: ) as to when Southwest will come out with their rates for February 2007? I know the buzz :cool1: is that the February package rates for the Kingdom vacations come out Monday or Tuesday... Just wondering if I'll be able to get a flight to the Motherland if I'm lucky enough to get a package deal to my favorite place. :woohoo: Thanks in advance..

You guys always know the answer..

lovindonald
08-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Seems like they have been coming out later and later. I had to wait forever for the August rates and when they finally came out there were no deals left. All the lowest priced ones were gone. What a bummer. I would think you would see Feb around late November.

mking624
08-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm sure that SWA will open up flights for February before late November. They're booking through December 10th and that was released last month...so it might be another month or so before we start seeing January & February.

tracys2cents
08-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Careful booking their package vacations too early, they do not offer credits when the airfares go down like they do when you book your airfare separately.

Goofy22
08-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Southwest usually opens up there bookings 6 months out no earlier! But it's worth the wait! I'm waiting for April 07 so I feel your pain!

SarahKate
08-04-2006, 11:35 PM
When we went to WDW Feb 06, we didn't get our tix from SW til around November. They came out sometime in October, but we held out til cheaper fares came along. It was hard to wait, but diligence paid off.

Definitely download DING! You will see specials here, that you can't get on the regular website. And you have to keep an eye on it EVERY day, more than 1x a day - that is one of the keys to getting a good fare through them. We managed to get 59 each way, non stop from St. Louis to MCO.

The other thing is if you get your fare and it's not fantastic, keep your eyes open for a lower fare because they WILL issue you a credit voucher that you can use for a future flight in the next year. I believe that it is transferrable but can't remember for sure. We did this with our dad's flight because he went with us (last minute) - the SW employee was very helpful in getting the flight rebooked for us.

lovindonald
08-05-2006, 11:16 AM
You should be aware that if you book through SWVacations, you cannot get online boarding passes in advance. I also booked my car through them but now I guess that there are additional fees due at the time of pickup. I was unaware of that. I think I could have gotten a better deal on my car if I had not booked it with them. Had I known I would have done my own thing. Now I have paid for the "car rental" but still have to pay airport fees and a bunch of other things. I am a little bummed but soon I will be in Mickey land!!!!

Also, DING is definitely worth downloading, they have the best fares. I just found that by the time they dinged, the lowest prices were always full.