PDA

View Full Version : Room Only Reservation???

Natalya
08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
I am new at the whole making a WDW reservation thing. So forgive me if this is a really random stupid question.

I made a AAA reservation with 6 day park hopper tickets through Disney.

I just got my confirmation in the mail and it has the price I was quoted minus my deposit but it says "5 night Room Only" with no mention of my 6 day park hopper tickets. Is this generally how they do it? I just don't want to check in only to find out that I have to pay an extra $900 for the tickets on top of what I was already quoted. :confused3

safetymom
08-04-2006, 01:02 PM
It should mention the tickets. I would call and check on it.

Cool-Beans
08-04-2006, 01:53 PM
It should mention the tickets. I would call and check on it.Ditto.

BillSears
08-04-2006, 03:26 PM
I made a AAA reservation with 6 day park hopper tickets through Disney.

As far as I know you can only make a AAA room only reservation through Disney. If you add on tickets it becomes a package reservation and you have to go through AAA to book it. So it looks like you've only got the room reserved.

If you feel comfortable telling us the price, general dates, location and number of people we can price out what it should be for the package or just room amounts.

Natalya
08-04-2006, 04:07 PM
As far as I know you can only make a AAA room only reservation through Disney. If you add on tickets it becomes a package reservation and you have to go through AAA to book it. So it looks like you've only got the room reserved.

If you feel comfortable telling us the price, general dates, location and number of people we can price out what it should be for the package or just room amounts.

$2099 for 4 people (2 Adults, 1 Junior -12-, and 1 child -3-). GF garden view room. Mid october with AAA discount.

The funny thing is that when I look online at our reservation the tickets are listed but not on the confirmation that I received in the mail. The CM said that I couldn't add dining to my package but I could do the MYW passes when I called. I really need to get this straightened out...glad I asked this!

BillSears
08-04-2006, 04:10 PM
$2099 for 4 people (2 Adults, 1 Junior -12-, and 1 child -3-). GF garden view room. Mid october with AAA discount.

One more thing...how many nights? :)

mmmears
08-04-2006, 04:16 PM
It is also possible to book a room reservation with CRO and then add on the MYW tickets (pre-ordered with a discount, but still not a "package" plan). We did this recently, but did not want a package deal. Also, the room-only reservations dont need to be paid in full until your arrival and have a more generous 5-day cancellation policy. The packages need to be paid soon after booking and have a more complicated cancellation policy. If you check your cancellation/money owed section of your reservation, this might show you what you have. I would still call anyway, since there could be a big difference between the two.

Natalya
08-04-2006, 04:24 PM
One more thing...how many nights? :)

Sorry, 5 nights

BillSears
08-04-2006, 04:29 PM
I just noticed your first post says it's 5 nights. Almost for certain the $2099.00 price does not include the park passes.

Keying in some mid October dates the rack rate for 5 nights was $2,278.20 taking off the 15% discount for AAA should bring that down to $1936.47. That's lower then your $2099.00(maybe you have trip insurance) but it's not low enough to cover the $905.00 you'd normally spend on tickets.

Maybe mmmears is right and they added on the tickets. Maybe even adding them on as a seperate transaction and you'll get charged seperatly for them? Check your credit card statement to make sure the tickets weren't charged to it already.

Natalya
08-04-2006, 08:14 PM
I just noticed your first post says it's 5 nights. Almost for certain the $2099.00 price does not include the park passes.

Keying in some mid October dates the rack rate for 5 nights was $2,278.20 taking off the 15% discount for AAA should bring that down to $1936.47. That's lower then your $2099.00(maybe you have trip insurance) but it's not low enough to cover the $905.00 you'd normally spend on tickets.

Maybe mmmears is right and they added on the tickets. Maybe even adding them on as a seperate transaction and you'll get charged seperatly for them? Check your credit card statement to make sure the tickets weren't charged to it already.

AAA discount for October is actually 10% which would account for the difference.

Sheesh, I'm glad I found this out before I got there. I just thought I was getting an awesome rate! Its not a problem but it would have been if I had to cough up an extra 900 bucks at check in time :thumbsup2

Thanks for the help....so it looks like my "package" is about 2900-3000.

Does anyone know if you can add the dining package on when you check in?????