PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the All Star Resorts

Eoywin
08-04-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure where to start planning this vacation but the hotel seems the best place to start.

We want to stay on the Disney property, so the All Star resorts seem to be the cheapest.

We were leaning towards staying at the movie one.

Can you give pros / cons to this hotel?

We are looking at going late September, early October next year.

badblackpug
08-04-2006, 02:46 PM
I am interested, too. We always stayed mod. in past, but this year we are staying at ASMu. It is my niece and nephews 1st visit, and the values seemed more "kid themed" also we just never spend that much time in the room and paying for deluxe seems a waste. :confused3

Anthony1971
08-04-2006, 03:01 PM
let me start by saying all Disney resorts are nice and will give you a btter expiernece then staying off site if you.
Going from mod to a Value.... The Mod has nicer more spread out theming, less crowded all around and mainly less crowded bus service, has a restuarnt and a food court where as the Value only has a food court, the rooms are a little larder and seeming further apart. These are the major ones there are others like services etc.
again this is meant to state the differences I have seen I have stayed in all three and now am fortunate enough to own DVC. I feel that Disney can meet the needs of every budget and we ALL have different budgets throughout our lives. With that said do not expect the service noise levels crowds and any other thing you can think of to be the same at the different levels as they are not but at all levels everything is superier to what you would get outside Disney but also expect to pay ($$$) more for similiar at Disney but you will get a true Disney experience.

BlindTyldak
08-04-2006, 03:06 PM
We stayed at ASMo October of 2004. The theming was WONDERFUL, the CM's very nice, the noise level was not bad at all (though I would not want to have a ground floor room facing a pool, I would specifically try to avoid that) and the room and grounds were spotless. The food court had a very nice selection, but got very very crowded at peak times . . . we found that sending one person for breakfast items to bring back to the room was fastest and got us to the parks quickest, for example. The biggest downside was the busses . . . ASMo is the last of the three AS resorts to pick up and drop off, so when we wanted to go to a park at a crowded time, we often had to wait for several busses to pass. Some posters have said that at peak times they will run more or empty busses to this resort, but we never saw it in action and were even passed by a few times.

My DH and DD absolutely loved it, but the busses were a breaking point for me and personally I would prefer not to stay there again because of this. However, I would not hesitate to stay at an AS resort for any reason OTHER than that, so for example would very happily stay at ASMu as it is closer up the bus route.

PeterPansMum
08-05-2006, 02:01 AM
We stayed at ASMovies March of 2002 and liked it a lot. This year we're trying Sports mainly because of the bus situation. It was always pretty full by the time the bus got to the Movies stop. Other than that we had a terrific time. We stayed in Andy's room and that was VERY cool to our 2 kids. I don't remember the food court being busy or really loud.
Cindy

Cinders Mum
08-05-2006, 02:59 AM
we love both Movies and Music (see my sig) Music is quieter in my opinion, although the theming for Movies is fantastic.

I only rate the Music resort fractionally higher because when we were there last year (during free dining and food & wine) the lines for buses were the shortest for Music.

We will be back at either Music or Movies next sept/oct as well.

Val
xx

Eoywin
08-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks everyone!