PDA

View Full Version : How are Garden View Rooms at Contemporary?

Bibbidi
08-04-2006, 08:17 AM
We booked a garden view wing room for Contemporary next spring. How are these rooms? I know all the rooms are getting a refurb, but how is the convenience to the food court in the tower, etc? Last time I stayed in a wing I was 10 and I don't remember anything about the room except that our tv was broken.

Anyone have any pics? Do any of the wing rooms have balconies?

tripplanner
08-04-2006, 08:57 AM
I love the Garden Wing Rooms. They are a short walk to the tower/food court. They don't have balconies. The first floor ones have small patios.

frayedend
08-04-2006, 09:03 AM
I thought only one of the wings got a refurb. Not sure which it was, north or south. Also, there is no balcony, but there is a sliding door that opens with a railing. So it's kinda like an indoor balcony if you know what I mean. We were at the furthest point away from the tower and it still was a very short walk. No worries.

Bibbidi
08-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Yes, only the South wing and the tower are being rehabbed at this time, so when I said all the rooms are getting rehabbed, I meant in reference to those two locations. Thanks for the info on the rooms. I thought there weren't any balconies on the upper wing floors. So glad to hear it's a short walk into the tower.

tmcgin710395
08-04-2006, 10:47 AM
We really enjoyed our last room in the north wing. The room looked out to the north and was VERY quiet and peaceful. :thumbsup2

A couple years ago, we had a room midway up on the tower and it seemed rather noisy. :confused3

The walk to the main building is not that far at all.

Dixie Luvr 98
08-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Love the garden view rooms! We feel they are the best deluxe value on property :thumbsup2

Bay Lake from the North Wing
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/SGorby/08-04-2006102402AM.jpg

Third floor of South Wing looking toward boat canal
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/SGorby/08-04-2006102509AM.jpg

First floor patio South Wing, looking toward pool and Bay Lake
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/SGorby/wdw06001.jpg

Convenience to the Tower, of course, varies by room. At least its an air conditioned walk and you can always request what is important to you :sunny:

Bibbidi
08-04-2006, 12:28 PM
I know there is an interior hallway in the wings, but for some reason I thought i had to walk outside to get to the Tower--am I wrong about that? Is there an interior walkway into the Tower from the wings? That would be great.

Dixie Luvr 98
08-04-2006, 12:38 PM
I know there is an interior hallway in the wings, but for some reason I thought i had to walk outside to get to the Tower--am I wrong about that? Is there an interior walkway into the Tower from the wings? That would be great.
You're right. There is a covered walkway connecting the wings to the tower. However if you get a wing room that is a good distance from the tower (as we did when we had the fantastic view of Bay Lake), the vast majority of the walk is indoors. Sorry to be conusing!

Bibbidi
08-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Thank you for the clarification. We don't mind walking, since we are at Disney afterall, I am glad to know that the outdoor walkway is at least covered however.

beccasmom
08-04-2006, 01:27 PM
We always specifically requested wing rooms at the CR. Love them! On our last visit (March, 2000), we had a first floor room and a small patio. If you are staying at the far end of a wing, the walk to the main building can be lengthy, as the wings are larger than one would expect.

ilovedisney_miami
08-04-2006, 02:30 PM
:thumbsup2 I have a question about the "WING STANDARD" were are those usually located????(we requested a king size bed)
Thanx

Dixie Luvr 98
08-04-2006, 03:50 PM
:thumbsup2 I have a question about the "WING STANDARD" were are those usually located????(we requested a king size bed)
Thanx

Wing standard pretty much overlooks the parking lots. We had one in the North Wing in 2000 and had a great view of the monorail entering and leaving the tower.