PDA

View Full Version : Need some help- have to switch.. i feel bad

ValDisney
08-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Hi
I booked a tower ( In CR) for dec. Every yr my children have asked to stay there. I finally did it. BUT.. I have to switch. It seems this summer, I had so many repairs in this house. air conditioning broke. garage door broke. a pipe.. sigh... so i don't think I can afford cr. this is for x-mas break
we have stayed at moderates b4 last oct CS, POFQ b4 that. They likeed it.. they loved the pools but they always complain about the walking. and they fall asleep on the buses. i am a single mom so its harder.
We never stayed at CB.. there aren't preferred rooms left. Which rooms are closest to the bus stop? I hope my children aren't too disappointed?
I will appreciate any advice.
Thanks

IWISHFORDISNEY
08-04-2006, 08:09 AM
We stayed at CBR all the time. I always booked a regular room and called and asked to be put as close to the food court as possible hence the bus stop is right there. Only once did they not honor this but we needed connecting/adjoining rooms for 10 at a family reunion. I would call and do that. Maybe you can look on the CBR faq sheet and see if a map is still on there for property layout also. I cant remember my room number it was so long ago. Good Luck and have fun. Disney is Disney!!!!! :cool1:

Bibbidi
08-04-2006, 08:13 AM
If I were you going alone with my kids at Christmas, I think I would choose CSR for the convenience of the busses at that resort. CBR has seven internal bus stops so depending on your room location, it can become a little tiring sitting through multiple stops before ever getting on your way to the parks. That's just my opinion anyway. The closest buildings to the food court are Trinidad North and Martinique, but those are the preferred room locations. I think if you request Jamaica you would just be over the bridge from the food court area so that could work for you. The main pool at CBR is very small for the size of the resort. I'm not sure how many people will be swimming at Christmastime, but that pool gets very crowded in the warmer months at least. There are quiet pools with each building though. I hope you have a great trip.

ms.ojo
08-04-2006, 08:22 AM
I would opt for POFQ. It's a smaller resort and is always the 1st p/u and d/o when sharing a bus w/ POR. Usually we filled up after the 1st stop at POR and took off for the parks. (another bus would come along for the other 2 POR stops) Anyway, it's a nice moderate, and your kids shouldn't get so tired riding the bus or walking to it, pool, foodcourt, etc. BTW - we were there last Christmas time and the decorations at the resort were so pretty!!!

hockeybabe
08-04-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure how long your stay is, but have you thought of a split stay? You could stay at CR maybe one night, and then have your luggage moved to a mod while you are at the parks the next day. Or, save a night at CR for your last day, as a surprise. Just a thought! :goodvibes

Grandmouse
08-04-2006, 11:21 AM
I just returned, having stayed 5 nights at the Beach Club and the last night at CBR (first time at CBR). Although we were in Jamaica and it was a short walk to the food court, I found it very frustrating that the "lobby" (Customs House) was not connected to the food court, and is a bus ride away. CBR is very large with their own internal bus service which is apart from the busses that take you to MK, Epcot, etc. We were there for a very large family reunion and most family members stayed at CBR and loved having the use of the courtyard, where they gathered frequently, and mousekeeping was exceptional (was not at the BC). I have stayed at POR and never found the size of that resort to be frustrating like CBR, but I did not care for CBR and would not stay there again.

Clare
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi -
Of the moderates, we've only stayed at POR and POFQ, but we thought POFQ was great primarily because it is so compact. No matter which building you end up in, you're not terribly far from the pool or food court & you can always request the closest building. We had a rental car & drove most of the time so I can't comment on bus service, but otherwise we thought it was very convenient. I know I'm recommending a place you are already familiar with, but if walking is an issue I would think POFQ would be the safest bet.

The main reason I wanted to respond was just to say not to feel bad about having to change resorts. I'm sure it's disappointing, but you're still taking your kids & you'll all have a great time at any Disney resort. My mom was a single mom and we went to Disney World one time when I was a kid. We stayed off-site, but it was awesome! And looking back, I appreciate her making the effort to take us because I know financially, it couldn't have been easy for her. Just pick the resort you think will work best for your family on your budget & then have a fantastic time!!