PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

mandy200587
08-03-2006, 10:15 PM
We're looking at going summer in 07 and we stay concierge.

We stayed in the sugar loaf at GF and didn't enjoy it as much. Is the main building one better?

How is the Contempary one and is the 12th like the 14th?

Or should we just stay at Poly.

We're looking at four adults and a 9 year old, I believe he will be.

Demosthenes
08-04-2006, 06:37 AM
I like RPC better than the Lodge Concierge, but just because of the lounge and room convenience. The service and food offerings are the same. I have not stayed in the new Atrium Club yet (I am in September), but I stayed in the old on (14th floor) at the CR. It was the best concierge on property back then. The lounge has a great view with spectacular food from the California Grill. There were so few guests that you were really pampered up there. Now the Atrium Club has been extended to the 12th floor (still separated, but the service and offerngs are supposed to be the same). The new 12th floor lounge looks very nice, and I know they offer full time service (as opposed to the old concierge lite). There are also a lot more rooms, so the service cannot be as personalized as the old Atrium Club. I prefer the location of the CR concierge over the others you mentioned because of the nicer rooms and better views in addition to the covneince of the Tower. The Poly is nice, with good rooms and nice views on the lagoon side. The food is tasty, and the lounge is very nice. At the end of the day, when I am returning from a park, I prefer to get off the monorail and go straight to my room as opposed to trekking across the resort, but then again, the grounds of the Poly is part of what makes it so nice. Still, the concierge rooms are not very convenient to the restaurants and monorail, though very convenient to the boat dock and pool.

ConcKahuna
08-04-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm a food person, and I must say I love the lounge offerings at the Poly. I also prefer the more laid-back, relaxed atmosphere there. Here's a copy of the lounge menu at the Poly...

Served in Hawaii from 5-7 pm
Subject to Change

Sunday
Create Your Own Mini Pork Sandwiches with Asian Cole Slaw
Vegetable Spring Rolls with Dipping Sauces
Tropical Pineapple Fruit Tray
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Monday
California Rolls and Cucumber Avocado Rolls
Make Your Own Asian Noodle Bowl
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Tuesday
Slow Roasted Barbeque Pork Ribs
Hot and Sour Soup with Chicken
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Wednesday
Kona Seafood Chowder
Coconut Almond Chicken with Dipping Sauces
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Thursday
Make Your Own Vietnamese Style Lettuce and Crepe Wraps
Asian Inspired Nachos and Chili Cheese Sauce
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Friday
‘Ohana Marinated Meat Skewers with Assorted Dipping Sauces
Maui Onion Potatoes Au Gratin
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Saturday
Kona Salad with Fresh Fruit, Maytag Blue Cheese
Smoked Almonds, Mixed Greens with a Citrus Vinaigrette
Kona Sticky Wings
Duck Pot stickers with Dipping Sauces
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

mandy200587
08-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I love the Poly concierge. We were looking at maybe staying somewhere new and just trying to get an idea. Thank you guys so much for your opinions so far.