PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Swan & Dolphin questions....

luvdzny
08-03-2006, 07:23 PM
DD & I just decided to take a quick trip to WDW in 2 weeks. We are trying to decide between the Swan & Dolphin. We have never stayed at either, AKL is our favorite resort but we wanted something different. Anyway what is the difference between the 2? I know one of them has a 24 hour cafeteria, a nice idea for those "late night munchies." Do either of them have any type of refillable mug program? Are they close enough together that it is easy to get from 1 resort to the other to eat or swim? Do they share some of the same facilities (pools, restaurants.)? Any other infor you may have would be great. DD is 17 and we are just looking for a relaxing time.

Bimmy56
08-03-2006, 10:36 PM
The Swan and Dolphin face each other with just a short covered walk between them. They also share a very nice pool. The Dolphin has a 24 hour cafeteria and refillable mugs. Unless things have changed, there is no place at the Swan to get your mugs filled. The Dolphin is much bigger, but has double beds whereas the Swan has queen ones. Swan is much quieter and subdued, while the Dolphin is busy all the time. Most of the restaurants, stores, etc. are in the Dolphin. Try the web site www.swandolphin.com, it has lots on info and maps.

Leota
08-04-2006, 06:04 AM
The Swan/Dolphin & AKL are our favorite resorts, probably the only ones we will stay in in WDW in the future.

The Swan is a little quieter & more intimate than the Dolphin. The amenities of the Dolphin are just a short walk away. For a relaxing trip with a 17 yo, I'd probably pick the Swan. When DS was younger, I preferred the Dolphin.

raven69david
08-04-2006, 06:17 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but Swan/Dolphin are NOT Disney properties correct?! :confused3 Not that it makes a difference, just trying to get clarification. :surfweb:

Leota
08-04-2006, 07:35 AM
They are owned by and on Disney, but leased & ran by Starwood.