PDA

View Full Version : CSR - if no 9B then which Cabana to request ?

pooh2001
08-03-2006, 01:20 PM
******** - I may need your help

We have a Standard room - what we can afford for 14 nights at CSR.
Cabana 9B is on our request - but from the CSR map - it looks like all lake/water views.

We would like a non-smoking room.
Easy to get to the main pool, bus stop and food court (I know a big request - 9B would do it for us)

Would anyone suggest 8A or 8B ?

:cool1: Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. Most convenient location and most preferred. - but we may not be able to get it

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool) - Would this be our 2nd choice ? Is a standard room facing Rancho 7A and a view of catus & rocks ?

Cabana 8b is between the 2 above. - - may be our next best spot - BUT the standard view is a parking lot ?

:confused3 HELP PLEASE :confused3

pooh2001
08-03-2006, 03:19 PM
:confused3 please, anyone ?

Buzz2001
08-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Here are some good choices

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. Most convenient location and most preferred.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool and is also a smoking optional building.

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building.

Buzz2001
08-03-2006, 03:22 PM
I like cabana 8a. We just returned from our April trip and we stayed there. On the backside facing the woods. Great spot. Close to the bus and pool. I don't mind the walk to the Pepper Market.

pooh2001
08-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks Buzz !

michelle1
08-03-2006, 06:22 PM
We won't have a car...is Cabana 8a closer to a bus stop than 9b? I don't mind a walk to the restaurants but a short walk after a long day would be great for the kids. Also..other than 9a, is there any other Cabana building close to the quiet pool?

Buzz2001
08-03-2006, 08:04 PM
We won't have a car...is Cabana 8a closer to a bus stop than 9b? I don't mind a walk to the restaurants but a short walk after a long day would be great for the kids. Also..other than 9a, is there any other Cabana building close to the quiet pool?8a is closer to bus stop 4 than 9b is to bus stop 1 but the walk isn't bad to/from 9b.

PortieOwner
08-03-2006, 09:40 PM
9B is a decent location--we stayed there last year. One weakness was that it can be a long hike from the parking lot if you have a car. Also there are not necessarily direct paths to El Centro, they sort of wind along the side of the building and it takes longer than it looks to get to El Centro (and the Dig Site for that matter). I think 9A of 8B are just as good locations if you have a car, and both are closer to the bus stop. Overall the most convenient location must be Casitas 1--it is right next to the Pepper Market.

I have to wonder how much smoking really happens in 9A. Do those rooms smell smokey? Seems like a better all round location to me.

Portie

hockeybabe
08-04-2006, 07:41 AM
8B was a good location, but the standard view is of the parking lot. I don't spend alot of time looking out my window, so it was no big deal to me. You can walk to either bus stop 1 or 4 in almost the same amount of time, and I don't think it was more than 5 minutes to walk to either the Dig Site or El Centro. It was right next to a quiet pool and a laundry, which was nice. A 5 minute walk never killed us, no matter how late it was. The grounds are just beautiful, and if I was afraid of walking, WDW would be the wrong place for me :goodvibes Mind you, I didn't have to carry a toddler or anything like that.

dancekm01
08-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Here are some good choices

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building.

I just got back from CSR on July 30th and stayed in Casita 5 room 5335 and loved it. I would stay in that building anytime. I had the lake view and the fountain view. The second pool was right there as well as the gym and laundry. It wasn't that bad of a walk to the main building. Bus stop 2 is right there and that is the first stop for the buses and buring July that isn't a bad thing!! I stayed for 12 days. Awsome!!!

PortieOwner
08-04-2006, 02:59 PM
8B was a good location, but the standard view is of the parking lot. I don't spend alot of time looking out my window, so it was no big deal to me. You can walk to either bus stop 1 or 4 in almost the same amount of time, and I don't think it was more than 5 minutes to walk to either the Dig Site or El Centro. It was right next to a quiet pool and a laundry, which was nice. A 5 minute walk never killed us, no matter how late it was. The grounds are just beautiful, and if I was afraid of walking, WDW would be the wrong place for me :goodvibes Mind you, I didn't have to carry a toddler or anything like that.

I don't really get the whole paying extra for a view thing. At a moderate resort where the walkway goes right by the window I keep the drapes shut all the time, and anytime we are in the room we are either sleeping or doing something where we need the drapes shut. Last time we had a "lake view" but we only had that because we wanted a king size bed.

Portie

Buzz2001
08-04-2006, 03:06 PM
I don't really get the whole paying extra for a view thing. At a moderate resort where the walkway goes right by the window I keep the drapes shut all the time, and anytime we are in the room we are either sleeping or doing something where we need the drapes shut. Last time we had a "lake view" but we only had that because we wanted a king size bed.

PortieI agree, I usually won;t pay for a waterview. This past trip I got cabana 8a with the woods view. On past trips, I've gotten upgrades to waterview rooms with paying the extra. The only time I would do it would be to try to get a cabana room not so much for the view but for the location. But nothing is guaranteed.

BadgerBruce
08-04-2006, 05:58 PM
We've stayed in 8b twice & it's our favorite location. Centrally located between Dig Site pool & El Centro, & a very nice quiet pool nearby. 8a was also very nice. We had requested a king sized bed & all of these rooms were water view-but I also wouldn't pay extra just for the view. CSR is a great place to stay--have fun!!!