PDA

View Full Version : tell me about Poly daybed and balcony...

laughingmama
08-03-2006, 01:18 PM
we're staying at the Poly in January with our kids -- ages 5 and 1. SIL is also staying with us for one or two nights of our trip...

so, give me the scoop. :wizard:

do all the rooms have the daybed? do all the rooms have the balcony?

will daybed be comfy for SIL or the 5 year old?

will we be able to put our kids to bed and sit out and enjoy our balcony? any ideas for adding to that enjoyment?

:wizard:

BrianD
08-03-2006, 01:56 PM
All rooms have a daybed, and while the old room style daybeds may have been a little short for grown adults (perfectly fine for a 5 year old), the new daybeds I think are bigger and fold out more like a futon.

Not all rooms have a balcony, so you will want to request that.

Talking about adding to the enjoyment of sitting out on the balcony while the kids sleep...reserve a Magic Kingdom View room. That view cannot be beat!

JayCT
08-03-2006, 02:44 PM
We have stayed at the Poly a couple of times and I found that the daybed is about the size of a twin bed when it is opened up. A friend visited us at the resort once while we were there and took a nap on it and was quite comfortable. That said though, I would certainly give my SIL a regular bed and put the 5 year old in the daybed. JMHO Jay

BCV23
08-03-2006, 03:10 PM
The older daybed was great... the size of a twin bed so plenty of room for an adult. I think by now only Tahiti still has those daybeds. Someone reported that the new one is a little longer but that may be outside dimensions. In any case, your SIL should be fine unless she is really tall. Both mattresses are fine as well. Obviously fine for your daughter as well.

Tam1067
08-03-2006, 03:14 PM
The daybed is very comfortable and has a nice thick mattress. It does fold out like a futon and ends up the size of a twin size bed.

For most of the buildings, balconies are only on the 3rd floor although the newer buildings have them on the second as well. Be sure to note the request for a balcony when you make your reservation, and if that's the single most important thing to you, that balcony should be your only request. I'm pretty sure the room assigners try to prioritize your preferences, and you want the most important thing first on your reservation.

lovesdumbo
08-03-2006, 08:11 PM
I've slept on both old and new daybeds at Poly. The new daybed is "just" long enough for me at 5' 8". It is NOT as long as a regular twin bed. The queen in the new room is the MOST comfortable I've ever slept in. The style of the new rooms is really nice! Enjoy!