PDA

View Full Version : Do It Yourself Cool Wraps?

kmjmom
08-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I remembered reading a posting with directions for making your own cool wraps. I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone have a clue of where I might find them? Thanks!! :thumbsup2

disneyeveryyear
08-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Here is one

http://www.p2designs.com/ShipCooler.htm

We made 25+ last week for our trip to WDW and to give to friends. A fun family project.

Who knew a 7 year old would love to iron?

kmjmom
08-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Thanks so much!! Thought it might be fun to do! :thumbsup2

MrsPete
08-03-2006, 01:39 PM
At scout camp we made a really simple version: Just a plain bandana with a couple ice cubes rolled up in the back. Messy, but very nice in July.

kmjmom
08-03-2006, 01:40 PM
One more question, if I might.. where did you buy your crystals? Thanks! :sunny:

KristinU
08-03-2006, 01:59 PM
OK, since this is the budget board I'll share a frugal idea for the crystals...disposable diapers...it might be worth a try!

I've used the gel crystal innards of diapers mixed with potting soil for plants (unused diapers - I'm not that frugal ;)) It was much cheaper than the stuff they sell at the garden center...which I'm guessing is the same stuff as in the bandannas. To "harvest" the gel stuff I soaked the dipes in water and pulled them apart. IIRC it was either BJ's brand or Pampers that gave me the best results.

MrsPete
08-03-2006, 02:02 PM
One more question, if I might.. where did you buy your crystals? Thanks! :sunny:I bought some once (for a scout science project) on ebay -- very cheap.

disneyeveryyear
08-03-2006, 02:02 PM
I ordered the medium size from this website:

http://www.watersorb.com/index.htm

However, I did also see a small jar in the garden section at wal-mart.

However,I did use the watersorb ones. You have to buy a minimum of two pounds so find someone to share with.

I have enough crystals left to make about 150+.

Maybe I should make and sell for next summer.

They look really cute in the disney fabrics too.

kmjmom
08-03-2006, 07:34 PM
I went to Micahels Crafts and found Craft Ice. 5.29 for a 45 gram bag. They had the directions for cool wraps on their web site too. I love how the Disboards get us thinking and saving!! :yay: