PDA

View Full Version : need ideas for our anniversary...any suggestions?

mtemm
08-03-2006, 12:40 PM
we are going to wdw with the kids (4, 2, 2) for their first time and will be there over our anniversary. I'm trying to think of something fun to surprise dh with. my original plan was to order choc. covered strawberries and champagne for that night, and we could enjoy them on the balcony while the kids are sleeping (we did this often on our honeymoon at the bwi...well, sans kids. lol. this time we're at the y/c).

I think our plans for that night have shifted a bit, though...we have an adr at 1900 park faire and we're hoping to do wishes. its our last night and will be playing it by ear, seeing if the kids can stay up. so now I am looking for alternate ideas. Maybe something delivered that morning?

any ideas?

Magical JenK
08-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I had the Grand Floridian bakery make our cake topper from our wedding cake. It's something I have the bakery here do every year & was sad I wouldn't have it for our anniversary in Disney! But note that our cake was VERY plain...just buttercream frosting...no decorations at all....which no one understood for some reason! :0) And I had it delivered to our table at Narcoossee's the night of our anniversary. So maybe you could have a cake made??

mousette
08-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Why not book a Wishes or Illuminations Cruise. They are hard to get but it would be a terrific end to your holiday.

Although sodas, water and chips are included during the cruise you could perhaps have a cake or chocloate strwberries delivered on board?

We did this last year and it was perfect.

gigi1313
08-03-2006, 02:58 PM
wishes cruise ALL THE WAY!! it's awesome!!

another thought is instead of 1900 PF, would you consider a private dining event w/just you/yours? a posted on the review board told of a dinner on the monorail event where you get a private/closed car just for your family and enjoy dinner while circling the monorail loop... sounded like a ton of fun!

badblackpug
08-04-2006, 02:14 PM
How about an adult night out? Drop the kids off at a "kids camp" and have a great night out! My kids LOVE the kids camp at the Poly!!! Last time they even asked if we could do another "grown-ups night" so they could go back!

gigi1313
08-04-2006, 02:27 PM
the OP's children are too young for a kids club (2 yo)

mtemm
08-04-2006, 06:19 PM
yep, too young for kids club (darnit), and unfortunately as much as the wishes cruise sounds wonderful, I am not going to be certain my kids can stay up that late until that day...not until that night, really. we're going to try it, but may need to leave even before the parade starts (normally are in bed at 7 and usually melt down completely if they are kept up much later).

the private dining sounds fun...the monorail would be cool. does it do the resort loop, or the epcot loop? its probably a bit out of our price range this trip, but omg, how cool does it sound?

gigi1313
08-04-2006, 07:08 PM
according to the poster that shared her private dining experience (not the monorail dinner, and i believe it's the resort loop) on the beach at the GF w/butler service and soup to nuts including specially made cakes and all kinds of details it was about $200 for two... not sure what your price range is but thought i'd share that :)

another idea that might be more "fun" than romantic would be a horse/carriage ride thru POR or FW... maybe even before dinner (at POR) or after to see wishes from the beach (at FW)...

also, are you familiar w/a disboarder feralpeg? she has a website of awesome baskets that she makes up www.peggyssweetsandmore.com perhaps customize something for your dh?

or is he a big golf fan or a fisherman or surfer or race car fan? if so, there are a lot of cool "events" or excursions that he might enjoy...

eeyore45
08-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Every time I see one of these threads I want to scream - :Pinkbounc ME TOO ME TOO :Pinkbounc

I so want to make this special (its our 25th) but I couldnt dream of going w/o dd!! So we will make the best of it!!

I'm thinking anytime we're together - then I read a thread on the Community board on akl - one needs a room with a balcony - or a large bathroom! I'm hoping to use Peggy Sweets, and also eat at CRT for lunch - I know for dd bday they decorated the table - I'm hoping they'll do the same for our anniversary!! :goodvibes

Natalya
08-04-2006, 08:13 PM
We are celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary while in Disney. In fact, we check in ON our first anniversary (my cousin is getting married the day before and she lives in Kissimmee so we really had no choice but to celebrate in Orlando).

We have 2 kids though and we were considering our options as well. My DH doesn't feel comfortable with leaving our 3 year old anywhere (if we even could) so whatever we do has to include the kids.

Good Luck!!! And I'll be checking in to see if you get any good advice :cool1:

MomOf2DisneyKids
08-04-2006, 08:22 PM
me too me too!! :Pinkbounc

We're celebrating our anniv on our next trip, and we'll have the 2 kids w/us, who 99% likely will NOT go to one of the kids clubs. So, I'm lovin' this thread of possible ideas!!!!! :thumbsup2