PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm getting nervous...

frayedend
08-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Okay,

I posted a few times to people that they shouldn't worry about getting their packet with reservation info and their DME tags packet either because I was about a month away and hadn't gotten them yet.

Well, I am leaving on the 21st of this month and haven't gotten anything yet. Should I worry? :confused3

Mickey&Donald
08-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Geez.. that really is cutting it close. I would call reservations and find out if your packet has been sent out yet.

Alicnwondrln
08-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I would call to i leave the 13th and received mine 2 weeks ago

LISAMWDW
08-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Yah, I would call. I'm leaving on the 28th and I have received all my stuff from WDW. I would be worried too. Just call, you will still receive it in time!

disneymath
08-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Just wondering, did you book with a TA? We did, and our packets were sent to the TA's office ... she called us about a week ago to come in and pick them up (we live in a small town). I was getting a bit worried, b/c we leave for WL on Aug. 13th, but apparently our TA had the packets for a few days before she called.

frayedend
08-03-2006, 01:22 PM
What a pain. Okay, I didn't book through a travel agent. So I called and found out that they sent them to my old address. Then they got them back and sent them again to the same wrong address (now, why do they need my home phone for everything if they won't call me and tell me the address is wrong?).

On top of all that, they think it is too late to get my DME tags because they won't send any out until the ones en route now are returned. They give me the DME # to call. Well DME says "no problem, we'll send out new tags in the next few days after they are printed, you should be all set"

So I am getting the tags and I really don't need anything else except my reservation #. (What about planet hollywood, I'm not even sure I was getting that voucher, but I read about it).

Now what irks me about the entire thing is this... We went in January. We had the same address as we have now. Everything got sent to the correct address no problem. So how on earth did they revert back to the old address.

Anyhow, DME CM was very very nice!!!! Thanks to her for taking care of me!

disneymath
08-03-2006, 01:45 PM
That IS strange about the address ... weird things happen I guess! Anyhow, glad to hear you were able to track down your packets! :) Also nice to hear the good report on the DME CM! Hopefully, you can get your Planet Hollywood vouchers upon checkin if they don't arrive in the mail before you leave. Enjoy your vacation!

Love2BinDisney
08-03-2006, 01:46 PM
We went without DME tags in April and still didn't have problems so try not to stress. I know that's hard.

RangerPooh
08-03-2006, 01:52 PM
I called DME two weeks ago as our ME tags were for the wrong day and lacked one of our guests names (my 13yo niece). So we were short a tag. I explained to the gal that we were going out of town prior to our WDW trip and that we were very concerned that we would not ahve them in time. She said that they probably would arrive in a week or 2 which would be cutting it VERY close to our departure date. Imagine to our suprise when they arrived 3 days later via UPS! So I would call and expalin it to them, they might just send them out prior to receiving the old tags.

frayedend
08-03-2006, 01:58 PM
I called DME two weeks ago as our ME tags were for the wrong day and lacked one of our guests names (my 13yo niece). So we were short a tag. I explained to the gal that we were going out of town prior to our WDW trip and that we were very concerned that we would not ahve them in time. She said that they probably would arrive in a week or 2 which would be cutting it VERY close to our departure date. Imagine to our suprise when they arrived 3 days later via UPS! So I would call and expalin it to them, they might just send them out prior to receiving the old tags.

Oh, they are sending them out prior. That's why I said the DME CM was so good. The Disney Reservations CM was the one that thought it would take too long. Anyhow I'll be all set.

And I don't even know if I was supposed to get the Planet Hollywood vouchers. I am on the free DDP.

All is well now :) :thumbsup2

Tinks
08-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I vote "don't worry." I leave for Disney Aug. 11th and I just recieved my packet Aug. 1st. Maybe they are a little slow on some.

frayedend
08-04-2006, 09:00 AM
So amazingly I get home last night and there in the mail is my packet from Disney with my Planet Hollywood voucher, luggage tags (not the DME tags) and all my reservation stuff. Funny thing is it had my old address on the label, no forward label or anything. Somehow the mail carrier knew where to bring it (luckily for me I only moved a block away. So now I just need to get my DME tags and I'll have everything. 17 Days!!! :thumbsup2 :sunny:

RangerPooh
08-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Glad tat you received your first set of tags and vouchers. We too were getting a bit worried as we were 30 days out and had yet to receive them. They too went to our old address before being forewarded (and I keep calling to make sure they ahve our updated address :rolleyes: ), guess it does help when you only move a block away! Our mailman jokes that he can't keep track of us. :rotfl2:

frayedend
08-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Glad tat you received your first set of tags and vouchers. We too were getting a bit worried as we were 30 days out and had yet to receive them. They too went to our old address before being forewarded (and I keep calling to make sure they ahve our updated address :rolleyes: ), guess it does help when you only move a block away! Our mailman jokes that he can't keep track of us. :rotfl2:

Thanks! Yeah, it seems to help that we moved a block away. But funny that when we first moved only half of our mail got forwarded. We had all kinds of problems because we weren't getting bills and things. And the jerks that bought our old house had this huge pile of mail and never called us or brought it by. They had our number and knew where our new house was. Losers!! ...sorry, had to vent a little ;)