PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain Skyauction - PLEASE

bunny213
08-03-2006, 11:08 AM
I am not the brightest crayon in the box...I admit it. Can someone PLEASE explain Skyauction to me in simple terms? I see that there is a tax and service charge on $195....that's added on to your bid? Or is it added later? If it's by night...your bid should by what you're willing to pay times the number on nights..right? Or if it's for a week - you bid what you'd pay for the week..right? What about the ones that say "at at hotel of your choice"? Is your credit card charged (if you win) for the whole trip...or is just a deposit taken? I am so confused.. :confused3 ..I'm just trying to find a place for about 4 nights to add onto our existing trip in November. Thank you for any help you can give me.....Barb in Texas

tinaluis
08-03-2006, 11:39 AM
There used to be a SkyAuction tutorial on the Orlando Hotels & Attractions board. Try the search option. I'll do my best to answer you questions, but you should definitely check for the tutorial too. The $195 + $20 is added onto your bid for one week timeshare rentals. It is added at the time of the bid and, if you win the auction, your card is charged immediately. Generally speaking, you'll get a better deal bidding for 1 week than daily. I've never completed an auction for the daily rates because their rates are so high once you add the requisite fees. You're better off doing Priceline if you're considering the daily rates on SkyAuction. Good luck. I know it's confusing at first, but once you figure out how it works you can get some pretty amazing deals!

bunny213
08-03-2006, 12:44 PM
tinaluis...thank you....I'm taking little baby steps here...I've never had to do the "official" planning before and it's scary. DH says if I want to stay longer I need to figure out the best deal! I'm also looking at the timeshare deals...we could do a tour on the day after we check in...and still have a few days to do the Holiday stuff at Disney. When I retired I got twice as much husband and half as much money!! :rotfl: LOL
Barb