PDA

View Full Version : Do they do fancy hair braiding at POR...

elastigirlfan
08-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Do they do the fancy hair braiding at POR or POFQ....I know they did it at AKL when we stayed there. My daughter got hers done in the park by POTC ride. She wants to get it done again this time too & was wondering if they did it at the resort. Thanks so much!!

helenk
08-03-2006, 12:16 PM
I do not know about the POR but there was hair braiding at the POFQ. We were just there in May and the stand is outside, right near the gift shop.

Speedemon21
08-03-2006, 02:58 PM
When my husband and I were at Riverside in 2004, there was a woman with a little stand doing the braids right outside Boatwrights. Hope this helps!

gigi1313
08-03-2006, 03:06 PM
i believe what the previous posters saw was hair WRAPPING which is different than braiding... the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at downtown disney does "princess" braids and the salons at some of the resorts (GF for sure) do french braids as well as corn rows (half and full head)...

DisneyDotty
08-03-2006, 03:12 PM
There was a hair-wrapping stand at POR last week when we were there. Who knows--they may do some braiding, too. HTH. :sunny:

gigi1313
08-03-2006, 04:25 PM
There was a hair-wrapping stand at POR last week when we were there. Who knows--they may do some braiding, too. HTH. :sunny:

i know. they don't!!! trust me... dd wanted her hair BRAIDED in the worst way last trip (the trip before they still did it at main street barbershop) and we were hard-pressed to find a place... of course *now* i know that we need to go to a salon in a deluxe resort...

Diehl2229
08-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I want to do that for my DD but all I could find was wraps which being a guy :rolleyes: I'm not sure what that is? With wraps is there any braiding with it and can you get your hair wet? Also we will be staying at the Poly can they do it there :)

elastigirlfan
08-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks so much everybody!! :goodvibes

gigi1313
08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
a wrap is when they take colored thread and twist it up a small strand of hair from the scalp past the end, and usually attach beads... they let the girl pick the colors of the thread and they make a pattern... yes, the hair can get wet once it's done (it's best to do it on dry hair) and they typically charge by the inch (it's not cheap!)...

a braid is well, a braid... it's when the entire head of hair is woven... like the indians used to wear! (LOL!) a french braid is a little more difficult but still braided... typically a french braid starts at about $25

corn rows are another type of braid... they are more expensive, more work, more time consuming... they typically get colored rubberbands and such... they typically do 1/2 or whole head... 1/2 head ends up looking like the girl is wearing a headband... it's also very expensive... i believe it starts at $85 (for half) and $100 for full...

hope that helps!

Diehl2229
08-03-2006, 05:31 PM
a wrap is when they take colored thread and twist it up a small strand of hair from the scalp past the end, and usually attach beads... they let the girl pick the colors of the thread and they make a pattern... yes, the hair can get wet once it's done (it's best to do it on dry hair) and they typically charge by the inch (it's not cheap!)...

a braid is well, a braid... it's when the entire head of hair is woven... like the indians used to wear! (LOL!) a french braid is a little more difficult but still braided... typically a french braid starts at about $25

corn rows are another type of braid... they are more expensive, more work, more time consuming... they typically get colored rubberbands and such... they typically do 1/2 or whole head... 1/2 head ends up looking like the girl is wearing a headband... it's also very expensive... i believe it starts at $85 (for half) and $100 for full...

hope that helps!

Thanks, We had are DD hair completely braided in Jamaica But I wasn't sure what the wrap was. We wanted something to keep the hair out of her face and off her neck. Does anyone know if the Poly does any of the hair wraps or braids?

gigi1313
08-03-2006, 05:50 PM
i don't believe the poly has a salon on premises, but the Ivy Trellis Salon at the Grand Floridian (just a monorail ride away) definitely does the braids and the corn rows... 407-824-3000 and ask for beauty salon...

also, are you familiar w/the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique at Downtown Disney? they have a Princess Beauty Salon type place w/the fairy Godmother and pixie dust and all that jazz... there is some info on allearsnet.com about it...

dis4angie
08-03-2006, 07:18 PM
We were just there the week of July 21-28, 2006 and I saw someone set up at a booth right outside the food court doing hair wraps.

Have Fun!!!

iteachlit
08-03-2006, 07:35 PM
I think all of the resorts offer the hair wraps. We stayed at ASMo in June, and they had the hair wrapping station setup each night in Cinema Hall. They also had a caricature artist each day as well as a temporary tattoo stand outside near the pool.

My daughter had her hair wrapped near POTC in MK. She is seven; her hair is roughly shoulder length. My guess is that the wrap was about 7 inches long. The total cost was $23. Each bead costs $ as well, and the prices vary. Watch out for expensive beads!

badblackpug
08-04-2006, 02:07 PM
I will be honest...you will be waaaay overcharged. The beads they put on the end of the braids are the type you can typically buy in the craft store for $1.99 for a bag of 100. Take your daughter to a local salon (and take your own beads) before you leave and have her hair braided. the last trip I cornrowed my step daughters hair and put glow in the dark beads on the ends and she was a hit at every park!