PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Safari ?

abt426
08-03-2006, 10:19 AM
I have read several posts on the Sunrise Safari available to AKL concierge guests and am interested in changing the first night of our January 2007 trip from the Poly to AKL concierge to take advantage of this. This would be a sat night stay with the safari on Sunday am. I have read conflicting reports of when this can be booked. Can I make a reservation for the safari as soon as I make the AKL booking or is this an event which can only be booked at 90 or 60 days out. Is this just added onto the room bill or is this a prepaid event that is nonrefundable? Also is there a set number of participants or can they accomidate all akl concierge guests. I just don't want to hassle with changing reservations if this is already going to be booked up.

Thanks
Alena :wave2:

safetymom
08-03-2006, 03:17 PM
bumping

mantaz
08-03-2006, 04:12 PM
I don't remember how far in advance you can book it, but what I did was email the concierge staff to see if there was any availabilty for the day I wanted. They can tell you how out you need to book. They will say yes or no on your party but cannot hold the spot without an AKL concierge booking. You have 24 hrs I think to cancel in advance.

We did the sunrise safari in December. It was great. Although it was raining, they gave you ponchos and all the animals were out. I never new there were 6 cheetahs. The male lion was up moving and all the animals were near the road due to just being fed. If it was so expensive to stay at AKL concierge, I know we would do it again. Even the food afterwards was great.

Hope you book it and enjoy the trip!!

Angela

irisbud
08-03-2006, 07:48 PM
We are doing a split stay between GF and AKL to take advantage of this as well. When I was doing all of my ADRs, I asked how far in advance this could be booked, and was told that it can be booked 180 days in advance. They need a credit card number to hold the reservation, but do not charge for it until the event. There is a 48 hour cancellation policy.

Don and Junaita at AKL IPO are fantastic! I'm sure they'll be glad to help you out.

patsal
08-03-2006, 08:09 PM
We are doing a split stay between GF and AKL to take advantage of this as well. When I was doing all of my ADRs, I asked how far in advance this could be booked, and was told that it can be booked 180 days in advance. They need a credit card number to hold the reservation, but do not charge for it until the event. There is a 48 hour cancellation policy.

Don and Junaita at AKL IPO are fantastic! I'm sure they'll be glad to help you out.

What she said! I just did this Thursday AM and it was wonderful. THere is a limit, but it is pretty big, we were split into two buses and 2 safari vehicles. I booked it about 180 out and gave my cc #'s then. When I checked in there was a slip to sign authorizing the charge. When you go to the lounge in the AM they will take your park tickets and scan them right from the desk. It was really fun and I would suggest everyone who enjoys animals do this event if they can.

IWISHFORDISNEY
08-03-2006, 08:25 PM
We are booked for November about 100 days out and the CM at concierge just called to help us book it during our trip. I will have to call her back in the am but she didnt act like I should be worried about not enough space. I think we are gonna do the sunrise also it sounds good and the baby can go with us.

abt426
08-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the answers. I think I will contact the concierge staff tomorrow and then book it. The safari ride is my favorite ride so I don't see how I could be disappointed.

Alena :wave: