PDA

View Full Version : Hotel/Restaurant Rewards Credit Card Charge Category?

chriswilliam
08-03-2006, 09:22 AM
I have a Citibank credit card that is giving me 5% back for restaurant and hotel purchases. For this to work the business category has to show up as lodging or restaurants on my statement.

Here's my question-

Do the restaurants at the parks and resorts show up as restaurants on your statements?

Also, when charging items to your room and paying the total bill when checking out, do these items show up as lodging?

Thanks for the help!
Chris

westcliffemom
08-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Super good question, I'd like to know the answer too!

lsufanatic
09-19-2006, 05:49 PM
sorry to pull up an old thread, but I would be curious if anyone knows what category food purchases inside the park are reflected as. I have a Citibank card offering 3% back on restaurant purchases, so this could be quite helpful.

ellyn2000
09-19-2006, 08:17 PM
bump. I'd like to know, too. I am enjoying the 5% back on grocery/gas/pharmacy purchases, too. It really adds up quickly.

ImprovGal
09-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Warning! Credit card companies are not always consistant with these things. However, from what I've seen on my Chase Visa and my Discover Cards: Counter service and full service restaurants in the parks were coded as restaurants. Advance dining reservations (for Food & Wine Festival events) came form Walt Disney Dining and were coded as restaurants. Restaurants in the Disney hotels were coded as restaurants. If you charge the tab to your Key to the World card, however, it is considered a charge in the "travel" category. The restaurants at the Dolphin (and I'm going to assume the Swan, too) actually showed up as a charge from the resort itself ("travel").

j's m
09-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Warning! Credit card companies are not always consistant with these things. However, from what I've seen on my Chase Visa and my Discover Cards: Counter service and full service restaurants in the parks were coded as restaurants. Advance dining reservations (for Food & Wine Festival events) came form Walt Disney Dining and were coded as restaurants. Restaurants in the Disney hotels were coded as restaurants. If you charge the tab to your Key to the World card, however, it is considered a charge in the "travel" category. The restaurants at the Dolphin (and I'm going to assume the Swan, too) actually showed up as a charge from the resort itself ("travel").

Discover card DID NOT count restaurants in the parks or resorts as dining but as travel/entertainment. I charged these direct to Discover, not room charge.

I had this problem last year when Discover was 5% for restaurants but Disney coded it travel/entertainment, so all I got was 1/4% instead. I called but they wouldn't change it.