PDA

View Full Version : WL boatdock for fireworks

dianemb
08-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Can you see the fireworks from the boatdock and does it get real crowded? We will be there the first week of December.

Demosthenes
08-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Not real well no; however, take the boat launch to MK about 20 minutes before the firworks. On the way back from MK, the boat will stop out in the middle of Bay Lake to let the passengers watch wishes. It is the cheapest specialty cruise we've ever taken!

NeverlandClub23
08-03-2006, 10:50 AM
You can see a few of the high ones but it's not a very good place to watch them. Also, no Wishes music. We happened to be out there one night waiting for the boat for night EMH at MK and the fireworks started. We were the only ones out there, but our view wasn't great.

newholidayx2
08-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Not real well no; however, take the boat launch to MK about 20 minutes before the firworks. On the way back from MK, the boat will stop out in the middle of Bay Lake to let the passengers watch wishes. It is the cheapest specialty cruise we've ever taken!

Do they make you get off?

Demosthenes
08-03-2006, 04:27 PM

Nope. You can ride until they take the boat home.

Bibbidi
08-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Not sure if this would fit into your travel plans, but we have walked out of Main Street just as the fireworks were getting ready to go off and have boarded the boat back home to WL. That way we missed all the crowds leaving and still got to see the fireworks from the boat. If you're already at the Magic Kingdom that is one way to do it and beat the crowds.

Troy0822
08-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Forget the boat dock at WL-just walk out the front door and watch from the front of the resort. One of the best views I ever had was on a bus going down the road to WL-it was like the fireworks were exploding right in front of us.

dianemb
08-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks

NeverlandClub23
08-04-2006, 01:12 PM

:rotfl: Maybe it's just me but this cracked me up! I pictured the little boat going back to the WL in the middle of the lake and the fireworks starting. The captain stopping the boat and saying "Everybody off! Into the water with ya!" :lmao: Ok, maybe it's just me. :teeth: But I did know what you mean, that's just not how I read it at first.

disney09
08-04-2006, 01:20 PM
:rotfl: Maybe it's just me but this cracked me up! I pictured the little boat going back to the WL in the middle of the lake and the fireworks starting. The captain stopping the boat and saying "Everybody off! Into the water with ya!"

:rotfl2: That was hilarious!!! :lmao: