PDA

View Full Version : what resorts have beauty salons?

gigi1313
08-02-2006, 08:59 PM
i know the GF does... does the Poly or the CR?

i'm guessing SSR does... any others?

Laurajean1014
08-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Yacht and Beach Club
Barber Shop on Main Street in MK
Grand Floridian
and maybe Contemporary

I believe that's it.

gigi1313
08-02-2006, 09:27 PM
thanks laurajean...

anybody else know of any others? or have the phone number for the salon at the GF?

Quinn222
08-03-2006, 05:03 AM
CSR also has a salon.

BCV23
08-03-2006, 08:47 AM
GF
CR
Y&BC
CSR

Of course there is the barbershop at the MK but it is not a salon.

Gina, I just call WDW and ask to be transferred to the Ivy Trellis.

gigi1313
08-03-2006, 09:26 AM
the Contemporary does?

what's Ivy Trellis?

spiceycat
08-03-2006, 09:49 AM
the Contemporary does - it is not a great area - 2nd floor I think - it is inside not outside.

the GF is in better area.

the Polyn use to years ago - but they stopped it back in the 80's? maybe late 70's.

SSR does not have one. (we tried to get one at OKW when they tore down the sales area - but all we got were more building for them to sale)

but there are alot more SSR members than OKW members - so start a petition now!!!!

BCV is the only DVC resort that has a salon (in the bc/yc shared area).

what do you want to do - some people just love the one on main street - although it is not a beauty salon.

gigi1313
08-03-2006, 10:04 AM
we currently have an app't for dd to get her hair braided at BBBoutique... but it's at 1pm and that kinda kills our day... but it's all i could get...

she doesn't care about the "princessy hoopla" as she just wants a french braid (she's 11.5yo)... they no longer do girls hair on main street... and we'll be at the poly for breakfast (after a 7am fishing excursion) and thought that if they (or any monorail resort) had a salon we could get a trim and a braid after breakfast and be on our way and back at our resort pool long before 1pm so we can have a nice long relax before MNSSHP that night, it would be great... otherwise we'll either go w/the BBBoutique app't or skip it alltogether... or maybe get one done at home before we leave...

spiceycat
08-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Gee I though main street did everybody. that is a surprise.

if you want her just in and out then go with Cont - however it closes at strange time - call the Cont resort before you go and make sure it will be open - otherwise it is the GF.

BCV23
08-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Gigi, the Ivy Trellis is the salon at the GF. As Pat said, there is also a salon at the CR.

That is interesting that they no longer do girls' hair at the barbershop on Main St. The same was true when our daughter was little.

Pat, the salon at the Polynesian was still open when we first started staying at the Polynesian in 1983. Not sure when it closed but sometime after the GF opened.

sotoalf
08-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Pat, the salon at the Polynesian was still open when we first started staying at the Polynesian in 1983. Not sure when it closed but sometime after the GF opened.

Ah, the Pretty Wahine Beauty Salon, I think it was called. It was still open when we visited the resort in 1989 but closed in 1992, so I'm guessing it happened in that span.