PDA

View Full Version : Feeling overwhelmed! Don't know WHERE to stay!

JSCTRico4
08-02-2006, 06:37 PM
OK........... I know this is the place to come for help. We have been on 2 DCL cruises on the Magic. We are going again for Spring break 07, but, we are going for the first week to Orlando to park hop, (with water.... I hear that's a must). I am so overwhelmed with where to stay, I'm about to lose it! We are a family of 4, son is going to be 11, daughter almost 8. I think we will spend most of our time at the parks, but, we want to stay at a nice place with a lot of photo ops, and a great pool with a great slide. We will probably spend one day at the pool, and the rest out park hopping. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I can't justify a deluxe resort, unless that was where we would be spending most of our time, but, I want to also stay somewhere nice.

At the end of our week stay in Orlando, the kids will think we are going back to the airport...... but, we will really be heading to the terminal for a 7 day Western Carribean cruise........

ms.ojo
08-02-2006, 06:43 PM
What a great trip!!! ikwym re: so many hotels and choices. Have you gone to Allearsnet.com to check out their resort photos? I find the site very helpful. We have stayed at POFQ and LOVED it. It's the sister hotel to POR. You can use pools/facilities at both when you stay there. Given the ages of your children I think I would recommend POR...bigger slide and pool.

I've been intrigued by both other moderates but haven't tried them yet. :confused3 We stayed at WL and enjoyed it...but we like the mods better. Too much money for a deluxe and just not worth it in our minds given the ltd amt of time you spend there. Others feel differently. It's a personal choice.

Good luck and have fun planning!

Janet

Pea-n-Me
08-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Swan/Dolphin has some great rates out for 2007 right now (prices similar to a Disney Moderate). DCL bus leaves from there, too. I think the kids would have plenty to do there. :thumbsup2

Harambe
08-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Well, if it were me, and a deluxe is out, I'd stay at Coronado Springs resort. They have a wonderful pool area (Mayan Temple theme) that has a slide.

BUT!!! Since you are heading out to a cruise - all tropical and such - you may want to stay in one of the Wilderness Cabins (sort of between a mod and deluxe in price) for tons of room, and a whole different experience from your cruise. (Not sure about a slide here.)

Disneyhappy
08-02-2006, 08:10 PM
I know WL and AKL are deluxes but their standard rooms coste just a bit more than the moderates and you would get all the amenties of a deluxe resort. Standard rooms go quickly at WL and AKL so I would book it sooner rather than later. AAA discounts are often available. You can always change your mind and get a full refund if you change your mind within in 5 days of your trip (if booking room only). AKL has the better theming but the WL (which also has incredible theming) is in a better location with only a quick boat ride to the MK. Both have pool slides but the AKL pool is better IMO. I have never stayed in a moderate but if I ever do, my first choice would be Corondo Springs Resort based on everything I've read on these boards over the years. Good luck with your decision.

ParrotBill
08-02-2006, 08:15 PM
I would also recommend Coronado Springs as the best moderate to fit your criteria... but you should also check out rates for the Contemporary and Polynesian... sometimes there are deals that are close enough to consider!

JSCTRico4
08-02-2006, 09:43 PM
I was actually seriously considering the CSR. I was also intrigued by the AKL, but, thought it might be too expensive as it is a Deluxe. Thank you for those who have offered input. I will greatly appreciate any other words of wisdom!!!

pmcpmc
08-02-2006, 09:47 PM
on he dvc rent board to stay in luxury at the price of a moderate