PDA

View Full Version : Five on a budget...

2tinksmom
08-02-2006, 05:49 PM
We are going to "the world" November with friends and family. Due to high gas prices, two of the families we are travelling with are feeling the crunch. We have four rooms at the WL and will keep two for us and my parents. If the other families should choose to go to a less expensive resort instead of cancelling altogether, which value or moderate would you recommend? Each family will have 5 members. I need the expertise of ya'll to make my pitch to them because we really don't want them to have to cancel! Thanks a million!
Michele...just tryin' to keep it together

blessedby3
08-02-2006, 05:54 PM
You cant have 5 in a value regular room or at the WL unless one is a child under 3. I am guessing that might be the case. We stayed at POP last year and really enjoyed that. We were in the 50's building. They also have the new family suites (in the all stars music- I think) and that would fit 5, but would be more $ than a regular value room. They could also stay with 5 at Port Orleans with a trundle bed if the 5th is over 3 yrs.

subtchr
08-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Well, if all 5 of the members are 3 years old or older, your only choices are POR (AB section with the trundle), the All Star family suites or a suite at Coronado (which both are expensive, in my opinion), or two rooms at a value resort. All of the other moderates and the value resorts only allow 4 in a room. If the families know each other well, the two families could get three rooms total at a value, maybe have a few of the older kids from both families stay in a room that connects with one of the sets of parents, and the other parents in a nearby room. I hope it works out!

2tinksmom
08-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the info. If they do decide to stay at the WL, we were gonna farm out the two oldest boys to my mom and dad's room (they are such good grandparents!). We have sixteen people and four rooms at this point. I will recommend POR, tho. We have stayed at POFQ before and really liked it. Thanks for your input!
Michele

MariaElleršoš
08-02-2006, 06:18 PM
The Port Orleans Riverside with a trundle bed would be the best bet for the two other families. The cost would be a lot less and 5 people can stay in each room.