PDA

View Full Version : 3 Adults/2 kids in room?

lunalibre
08-02-2006, 05:16 PM
I know Disney is strict about their occupancy rules, so I want to get this straight before I ever book anything. My family of 4 (me, DH, DS, DD) is planning to stay at CSR for 9 nights next June. A dear family friend (DFF) wants to come join us for a couple of nights. My DD is the youngest. She'll be 7 during our visit. Would DFF be able to stay in the room with all 4 of us or would that violate occupancy rules? DS will be 10. Does he count as an adult? I know they say 4 adults max, but not sure about the kids.

My gut tells me Disney won't allow this, but it sure bites to have DFF have to buy her own room for two nights when all she's going to do there is sleep. I doubt she'd be able to afford to stay at CSR for two nights in a room of her own, and there's no way she'd let us subsidize one for her. I suppose she could book a room at one of the values if she wants to stay on-site, but it would be better if we could be at the same hotel.

Any suggestions that won't break the bank?

kaytieeldr
08-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Four Guests maximum in Coronado Springs rooms, unless you spring for a (much more expensive) Junior Suite. The only exception is if you have a child UNDER three sleeping in a pack & play (portable crib, provided by resort on request.

So, no. What about switching to a Value resort - maybe the All Star Music Family Suites?

lunalibre
08-02-2006, 05:37 PM
> Four Guests maximum in Coronado Springs rooms, unless you spring for a (much more expensive) Junior Suite. The only exception is if you have a child UNDER three sleeping in a pack & play (portable crib, provided by resort on request.

That's what I thought, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask all the experts around here.

> So, no. What about switching to a Value resort - maybe the All Star Music Family Suites?

I realize the family suites at the values are great for a lot of people, but the value resorts just aren't for us. We wouldn't want to spend 9 nights there, and I don't think I could talk DH into splitting our stay. That would be true even for getting a suite at CSR.

I was really hoping to have DFF stay on-property so we could all take advantage of EMH, but it just may not work out. I'll have to have a serious talk with her to find out what her budget is.

Thanks!

vacationwoman
08-02-2006, 05:41 PM
> Four Guests maximum in Coronado Springs rooms, unless you spring for a (much more expensive) Junior Suite. The only exception is if you have a child UNDER three sleeping in a pack & play (portable crib, provided by resort on request.

That's what I thought, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask all the experts around here.

> So, no. What about switching to a Value resort - maybe the All Star Music Family Suites?

I realize the family suites at the values are great for a lot of people, but the value resorts just aren't for us. We wouldn't want to spend 9 nights there, and I don't think I could talk DH into splitting our stay. That would be true even for getting a suite at CSR.

I was really hoping to have DFF stay on-property so we could all take advantage of EMH, but it just may not work out. I'll have to have a serious talk with her to find out what her budget is.

Thanks!

Switch to POR (Riverside). It's a mod. so price is the same and in the alligator bayou section you can have 5 people in a room.
There are 2 full size beds and a pull out trundle.
In my opinion it's a much nicer resort also.