PDA

View Full Version : Staples coupons....FREE stuff!!!

Chickysmom
08-02-2006, 04:09 PM
http://e.staples-deals.com/StaplesCoupon/default.asp?a=2%90&e=%3A177509%0D&c=2867728171494267&g=ecsggwdj%7D%FC&t=u%A8
5.00 off 5.00 purchase

http://e.staples-deals.com/StaplesCoupon/default.asp?a=2%90&e=%3A177509%0D&c=6549628171494266&g=ng%7Dky%BF&t=u%A8
1.00 off 1.00 purchase

http://e.staples-deals.com/StaplesCoupon/default.asp?a=2%90&e=%3A177509%0D&c=5852528171494261&g=engtq%18&t=u%A8
2.00 off 2.00 purchase

http://www.staplescentral.com/customerAppreciation/images/06_CustAppCard_July.pdf
12% off purchase

this will help a little with back to school items!

anewvance
08-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks! I'm going out tonight to get some supplies and this will help some.

Ellester
08-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Thanks! Every little bits helps! :Pinkbounc

Caitsmama
08-02-2006, 04:22 PM
cool. Thanks!

Paxtrist
08-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Chickysmom,

Do you get these coupons emailed to you? If so, please let me know where I can sign up.

Thanks!

Chickysmom
08-02-2006, 06:25 PM
not mailed to me.....just found them through a freebie site....click on the link I gave and it will open a .pdf to print out and take to a store! simple!

anewvance
08-02-2006, 07:11 PM
It worked just fine for me. With their sales and all, I was able to get 1/2 of my dd's supplies for $7 and then minus the $5 coupon so only paid $2!

PolyHereWeCome
08-02-2006, 08:14 PM
These look virtually identical to the $5 off $5, $2 off $2 and $1 off $1 coupons I got in a Staples e-mail last week. Mine were single-use only -- Yes, I printed duplicates and when I tried to use again on a different day, the coupon came up as already used.

Has anyone had this problem using these coupons? There's a code on these coupons, just like mine, so am very interested if others have been able to use without a manager questioning and overriding the register. I would LOVE to use if they're O.K.

Cindy B
08-02-2006, 10:26 PM
I had a problem that they stated they were already used (this was for a free gel pen pack that was posted last week)

I looked confused, because the URL on the printout stated staples.com and not some freebie site.

The manager of the store was behind me in line (was buying some drinks). He walked over to the register and told the cashier what to do. I looked shocked and the manager said sometimes the online coupons have all the same UPC for everyone. The coupon will scan as already used becaue is it a universal UPC.

Hope that helps!

disneychrista
08-02-2006, 10:53 PM
You can sign up for emails from staples right on their homepage. Look on the right hand side.

jensmom
08-03-2006, 12:37 AM
I tried to use one of the coupons tonight and it came up with "already used" on their register. So the cashier said I couldn't use it :confused3 bummer!

Chickysmom
08-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Last week when I used the Sonix gell Pens coupon the manager did a register override. If these come up as being used, maybe the manager has to override these too? sorry for those that are having trouble, just found them and thought I would pass them along...good luck to everyone and hope they help some of you! I'll be trying them soon myself......crossing my fingers!

luvsgrumpy
08-03-2006, 01:10 AM
We used 3 of the $5 coupons tonight. I printed out three, one for each of my kids and the store accepted all of them. It was obvious we were all together. They did have to override them but the one cashier spoke up and told the mgr that none of them were being accepted for anyone. So, we had no problem and the kids got to get a few extra supplies that they just "had to have". :thumbsup2

Thanks a bunch for the link!!!! :cool1:

Princess Glenda
08-03-2006, 11:11 AM
WOW!! Great coupons! My mother and I used two of these today and they worked GREAT!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS INFO. WITH US!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

lisaross
08-03-2006, 06:40 PM
thanx so much

am going to print out more to use next week!

I got a pencil case and 6 composition notebooks for 1.07!

lisa

FINFAN
08-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Uggghhh! Just spent $45 on DD backpack there yesterday...I am going to go back tonight and see if they will apply the coupon...hey, it's a day's worth of tip for Mousekeeping on our upcoming trip!
Thanks OP!

Pam

PS...I also ordered 3 cases of water and got the free delivery, no tax...came out to $.26 a bottle....way better than $2.00!

Laurajean1014
08-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Thank you very much. I don't need any thing now, but $5.00 off $5.00 - I'm sure I can come up with something!

DMRick
08-03-2006, 09:45 PM
The register gal had to call over teh manager and she said, no, they could not accept them, that they were conterfeit. She said these have been given to one specific person, and someone passed them all over the interenet. She said their store would lose the money if they accepted them. I called Staples.com tonight, and the gal I talked to said these have been all over the net, and they are not real Staples coupons that they are giving out. So, I guess for me, these can't be used.

taraprather
08-03-2006, 10:26 PM
can you use all the coupons in one visit?
Thanks!

The Great Baboo
08-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Nearly stripped searched at Staples!!

I thought I was slick with my $5.00 coupon in hand and a long line of hot and tired New Yorkers behind me with armfuls of school supplies, when lo and behold as I offered up my $5.00 savings (thinking yippee - I'll put this five dollars saved in my DCL jar for next years vacation), the cashier screeched this is NOT A REAL COUPON - IT'S A FAKE!! A bit of grumbling begins to wax and wane in the crowd behind me. I timidly reply but I got it on the internet....(off the Disboards -- but I withheld this tasty tidbit just in case Officer Krumpky might be within earshot)....To further my public humiliation the cashier screams over to the manager "This is fake, right? This customer gave it to me." The grumblings in the line behind me took a notable turn towards an "angry mob" mentality. I slithered out of Staples with entrails intact and cursedly went off to Wendy's with my kids, all the while believing that the Staples police put a tail on me for passing counterfeit coupons.....I guess the merchants in NYC are too savy ....whodathunkit ;)

disneychrista
08-05-2006, 11:04 AM
I think I am going to pass, after reading all these stories of them being fake or already used, etc.

I have way too many $3 ink coupons anyway.

DMRick
08-06-2006, 07:51 PM
You said it so much better than me. I left the insults outs LOL!

Nearly stripped searched at Staples!!

I thought I was slick with my $5.00 coupon in hand and a long line of hot and tired New Yorkers behind me with armfuls of school supplies, when lo and behold as I offered up my $5.00 savings (thinking yippee - I'll put this five dollars saved in my DCL jar for next years vacation), the cashier screeched this is NOT A REAL COUPON - IT'S A FAKE!! A bit of grumbling begins to wax and wane in the crowd behind me. I timidly reply but I got it on the internet....(off the Disboards -- but I withheld this tasty tidbit just in case Officer Krumpky might be within earshot)....To further my public humiliation the cashier screams over to the manager "This is fake, right? This customer gave it to me." The grumblings in the line behind me took a notable turn towards an "angry mob" mentality. I slithered out of Staples with entrails intact and cursedly went off to Wendy's with my kids, all the while believing that the Staples police put a tail on me for passing counterfeit coupons.....I guess the merchants in NYC are too savy ....whodathunkit ;)

Chickysmom
08-06-2006, 09:18 PM
You said it so much better than me. I left the insults outs LOL!

Well, just used one of the 5.00 off 5.00 purchase here in southern Oregon and was not questioned at all....guess it depends where they are being used. Sorry to those of you that had troubles but still hope others get a little savings. good luck everyone!

DMRick
08-07-2006, 12:16 AM
I was just embarrassed when they announced our coupons were no good. I really suspected they were not good coupons, and unfortunately, there are often young kids on the registers, and they must not know any better. I have talked with Staples main office on the phone, and they reiterated those are counterfeit. Knowing that, I personally would not want to try to use them..I just don't need the $5 that much. They weren't sent to me, so it makes sense they shouldn't be used by me :(.

Well, just used one of the 5.00 off 5.00 purchase here in southern Oregon and was not questioned at all....guess it depends where they are being used. Sorry to those of you that had troubles but still hope others get a little savings. good luck everyone!

mtblujeans
08-07-2006, 09:52 AM
I have previously used the 12% off coupon with no problem. He even gave it back to me to use again before the expiration date. :confused3

Zandy595
08-07-2006, 11:23 AM
I have previously used the 12% off coupon with no problem. He even gave it back to me to use again before the expiration date. :confused3DH used that coupon yesterday and the cashier gave it back to him too.

Pooh Girl 71
08-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I have previously used the 12% off coupon with no problem. He even gave it back to me to use again before the expiration date. :confused3

Same thing happened to me yesterday.

dunningdisney
08-15-2006, 02:05 AM
Thank you very much for these coupons! I had read the posts and was a little leary, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try. I went to Staples today and asked the cashier if they were good because I had printed them off the internet and had read that some people were having problems with them. She said we haven't had any problems. She had to call the manager over to override them but she let me use the $5 ,$2 & $1 off on three separate orders. THANK YOU!

ncbyrne
08-15-2006, 05:04 AM
AARRRGGG! I wasn't able to use them either! They insisted that they were meant for one time use and that the code had already be used by someone else. It just makes no sense that some store allow them to be used multiple times by the same person and others make us look like we're ripping them off!
aside.....my local ShopRite grocery store has made it a policy not to take ANY computer printed coupons at all, no matter where they came from. I'm losing a fortune in could-have-been-WDW-$!

grannywishes
08-15-2006, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the tip. I used multiple coupons with 2 granddaughters. The store manager had the override each coupon for the clerk. I used 3 of the $5 and 2 of $2 and 3 of the $1's. My Staples made me feel right at home. I got $33.50 for about $11. So sorry some people had a bad experience.

Cindy B
08-15-2006, 07:56 AM
The 12 percent will work because that is the amount of the employee discount. I bought an office chair the other day, and was talking (not flirting!) with the employee. When we rang up, he gave me his employee friends and family discount which was 12 percent.

We were just talking and such and I think I taught at the high school he went to.... anyway, that would make sense why the 12 percent would work.

DawnM
08-15-2006, 08:40 AM
Well, I have printed out 3 of them. I am taking my 2 kids today and we will try to use all 3 for school supplies. I have a list of things we seem to have rund out of.....so hopefully we can use them.

I will report back later.

Dawn

maggiew
08-15-2006, 08:43 AM
If you bring in a used ink cartridge, they will give you a coupon for $3 off any purchase over $3. If you can't get the internet coupons to work, that is another option.

I used 2 of the $3 ink cartridge coupons to get my DD a locker shelf and locker mirror.

Maggie

DawnM
08-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Ah, thanks for the ink cartridge tip. We actually have used a lazer printer for the last 4 years but have 2 old printers just lying around and I am sure the cartridge is dried up.

I didn't get to use the coupons today either. They said it was a coupon number that had already been used. :(

Oh well, you can't get them all. They were still GREAT deals! $3.50 markers on sale for .99 cents each. Pencils were so cheap per box. Can't remember exactly....but I spent less than $20 and got a full bag of stuff.

Dawn

Jeanne B
08-15-2006, 03:33 PM
If you bring in a used ink cartridge, they will give you a coupon for $3 off any purchase over $3. If you can't get the internet coupons to work, that is another option.

Just a heads up, both of our local Staples stores are giving coupons only for HP, Lexmark and Dell cartridges as of 9/17, all others are excluded. :guilty: I'm assuming this is company wide so if you have any cartridges that aren't one of these three I would get to your Staples before the 17th. I had to replace my Canon printer last weekend, I bought an HP from Best Buy and then I found out Sunday about the change in the coupon plan at Staples so I was glad I went with an HP (plus Sunday was the first I had even heard of the coupon plan so I'll definitely be taking advantage of it in the future!!).

kmccartney
08-16-2006, 03:04 PM
I just want to say thanks so much to Chickysmom! I read your post yesterday and printed out the coupons. I went to Staples last night, split my order into two, and used two $5 coupons. I ended up getting a total of $14.34 worth of school supplies for my son for only $4.34 total. Thanks!