PDA

View Full Version : Port Orlean's Riverside

Groovee
08-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi there

We have booked Riverside for our first family holiday to WDW. We stayed there 5 years ago when dd was just 15 months. We hired a fridge the last time we were there but someone told me you now get fridges in the rooms at Moderate Resorts.

Also as we have booked through a UK travel agent we were wondering how we can do a room request? We stayed at Magnolia Terrace last time and would like to be there again as we liked it.

Do they still do the refillable mugs and what is the food court like? Has it changed. I remember a taco type counter, one that did mickey pancakes and then changed to burgers and tenders with fab crinkle fries and a pizza/ pasta place.

Our kiddiewinkles will be 7 (she's the one who was there as a babe) and our ds who will be 4. Are there any recommendations for them?

Many thanks in Advance

Love Louise xx

Groovee
08-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Anyone before this gets lost.

Lady Cluck
08-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Have you checked out the photo slide show at http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/porss.htm ?

Hope you have a great trip!

muffinsmom
08-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Riverside was our favorite resort before we became dvc members and it is definitely still our favorite non vacation club resort. There is so much for the kids to do. The slide at the main pool is a lot of fun, though it might be a little too much for the 4 year old. Have a wonderful time.
Michelle

Cinderumbrella
08-02-2006, 01:25 PM
There are definitely fridges in all the rooms. As for your building request, just make sure it is on your reservation and they will do their best to grant it (You could also make a polite inquiry during check-in as well). The food court I believe has not changed (your description resembles how I remember it from last fall)

Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!

Groovee
08-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Thanks Everyone. Going to get dh to pop in to the travel agent to see if we can request a magnolia bend room.

Thanks everyone.