PDA

View Full Version : All Stars ?

polyfan
08-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Why is the All Stars Sports the least popular? We have never stayed at a value resort before, but want to take an extra this year. Looking at the thread polls noone really seems to vote for Sports. Why is that?

BrianD
08-02-2006, 11:30 AM
I think its the appeal of the theming. Movies was the newest of the three and that theming appealed to most people. Adults & folks looking for a quiter scene like Music, plus there are the family suites there. So that leaves you with Sports. I think amenities wise they are exactly the same.

DaisyLynn
08-02-2006, 11:54 AM
I stayed at Sports as a teen when it first opened, and I loved it! :thumbsup2 All of us kids did...and my parents seemed to enjoy it too! Maybe it's because we were at Disney and...let's face it...none of it can be BAD! I would absolutely stay here again, Sports above the other AllStar resorts because the theming appeals to me. With that said, I'd probably try POP first simply because I haven't stayed there and I think it looks like a neat resort. Maybe guests tend to lean towards others because of large groups of "sporting kids" at Sports, i.e. cheerleaders, tournament folks. You know what I mean! :goodvibes

minnie61650
08-02-2006, 01:39 PM
I think its the appeal of the theming. Movies was the newest of the three and that theming appealed to most people. Adults & folks looking for a quiter scene like Music, plus there are the family suites there. So that leaves you with Sports. I think amenities wise they are exactly the same.

Movies is very popular with the young ones.
Staying at Movies is like stepping into a Disney Movie Fantasyland.
There are giant Buzz, Woody and Dalamations icons. Movies and Pop get booked first.

Before the New Family Suites at All Star Music were added I think Music was the most overlooked of the All Stars.

A lot of teens and Sports fans liked Sports As well as guests who wanted to stay at Sports because they had heard or read that when the All Stars share buses Sports is the first stop coming and going.

Since I joined the DIS boards I have let our DIS members know that Music is most popular with couples and that it is usually quieter than the other values since less young children tend to stay there.

I agree I think the most likely reason you see more threads about Music is because of the Suites and many are asking questions about All Star Music since that is the only resort which is offering them so far.

dawgfan
08-02-2006, 03:17 PM
I have stayed at ASMu twice. We had a great stay each time. The popularity is tied to theme. Pop is newer and seems to have taken some of the attention away from the All Stars. I have heard the same complaint on All Stars mentoned by those that stay at Pop. It comes to personal preference and $$$$. I have stayed at POFQ and certainly prefer that to any budget resort, but I will stay in a budget and not mind it at all if money is tight. The All Stars are great.

disnut8
08-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Sports is the oldest. We rotate through all three All Star resorts and Pop Century. At the end of September, we're back in the Sports. I get a kick (crack myself up) out of the football field and the stands at the baseball field.

minnie61650
08-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Sports is the oldest. We rotate through all three All Star resorts and Pop Century. At the end of September, we're back in the Sports. I get a kick (crack myself up) out of the football field and the stands at the baseball field.

Here are a couple of photos of Sports from Allearsnet.com:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/astarscoreboard.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/astarBleachers.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/astar30.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/astar21.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/asp3.jpg

tinker&belle
08-02-2006, 10:13 PM
I think it just depends on who's posting at the time. When I first started planning there was tons of buzz on Pop, Sports and Movies. I wanted info on Music! It just depends on who's planning and posting at the time.

DizGeek
08-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Why is the All Stars Sports the least popular?

Not sure if thats true. You cant go by polls.

lustergirl
08-03-2006, 08:54 AM
AS Sports is my family's home away from home. We always stay there- but then again my family are huge sports fans. We are going back to "our home" 9/19-9/26, can't wait- 47 days!!!!!!!!

Threeriversdisneyfan
08-03-2006, 11:28 AM
There a few reasons I don't like All Star Sports.

1. Lots of Organizations stay here, they seem to monopolize the pool, food court and play areas.

2. Of the three All Stars, more older kids tend to be at Sports. Well most kids are usually well behaved, we all know what happens when they gather in large groups, (Goto any Mall Friday or Saturday night and you'll see my point.

3. Lastly, not only kids organizations stay here so do a lot of adult teams. It seems in my opinion most of these teams can't leave on the field. The All Star Sports is just a big looker room. Again not to generalize, but I have seen more adults drunk, rough housing , and my biggest pet peeve in a WDW resort (Swearing). Most of us take our family to WDW, maybe I have high standard of other guest when they are at WDW too, but having to cover my kids ears everytime we walk to and from our rooms is a bit much.

Before I go I must say I've played and participated in sport nearly all my life, from little league to College, I love the looseness of the locker room, things are said and done in there that usually are done or said in public.

But I feel WDW is still one the best places on Earth where children can go, play, and still be a kid. I guess after experiencing All Star Sports, the Disney Magic fell a little short.

bassoon2
08-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Our family will be staying at Sports this month. I requested the Football section to get us "ready for some FOOTBALL!!"
Go Packers!!! I figure all the tiny tots will be overunning the ASMO, and I like the oversize theming of the All Stars...we won't be in the rooms much anyway!

I have stayed at CBR and the rooms/bed size are practically the same. The only thing I remember is feeding gulls Ding Dongs from the balcony... :goodvibes

I am getting antsy now!!!

We are going to do the dining plan and just stay in the parks (we are trying Magical Express this time) Looking forward to Le Cellier this time!

poppinspal
08-03-2006, 02:17 PM
I stayed at Sports on my last trip in Dec/Jan and I will be staying there again on my Sept/Oct trip. Now all of the Value resorts appeal to one of my interests(I have extremely varied interests) so picking a hotel was a bit of a chore. I ended up going with Sports for the first trip because I know I'm a sports girl before anything else.

I loved the theme, I found it to be Disney designing at it's best. The football field and the huge surf boards for some reason just made me so happy. Plus even though it was the busiest time of year I did find it was spread out enough that I didn't feel like I was tripping over kids. There was a large number of kids down there for a baseball tournament and other then the fact I saw them in their uniforms walking around I hardly noticed them. A couple times I asked them how they were doing and they were always friendly and polite. (And in reality I'm young enough that kids still don't always view me as an adult...nor do my parents for that matter :) )

Now I have serious doubts about if Sports was a good pick for my second trip only because I keep thinking that maybe I should try something new. I keep having to tell myself not to switch to Pop as I think my BF will love the theme of Sports. If I could afford a moderate I'd do that but I'm not going to be disappointed staying at sports.

But like with anything in life you'll get a million opinions that differ.

Mickey's Goofy Gal
08-03-2006, 02:46 PM
We stayed at Sports for a week in July 2005. We stayed in the baseball section pool side and it was a great room. (The previous trip we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, but let our 14 yr old son decide in 2005 so we ended up in Sports!) A lot of families with children and several large sports groups were staying there, but it was a wonderful experience and the groups did not present a problem at all. I did not see a lot of difference except for a little more noise than at POR and it was more colorful than prettier like at POR. My guys loved the football field and tossed the football around while we waited for our room to be ready! We enjoyed the bus stops being first on and first off! That was a plus and the room was a nice size for the 3 of us. Have fun where ever you stay - I wish it was me going back!!!!