PDA

View Full Version : Trip Insurance Q?

schlepsnort
08-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally I was very cocky and brave when I was getting our trip package through Disney. I didn't NEED the trip insurance. I was soooo confident that nothing would get in the way of my family's wholesome fun..
And then I saw that a tropical storm is starting and I started thinking...we are going down in the end of sept. It will still be hurricane season. Hmmm..
So we are still over 50 days out from our trip. I have paid the entire package off though. Can I add trip insurance now? Or is there any other place to get trip insurance from? I don't use AAA (never will either, just not an option) so I"m not sure where to look or anything like that. Are there independant insurance co's that do this that maybe would be cheaper than Disney's?
Thanks for any and all help!
I'm not so cocky and brave now! :rotfl:

BroadwayGirl
08-02-2006, 09:49 AM
If your reservation is already paid in full, you cannot add vacation protection insurance directly through Disney.

You can always check with another insurance provider, just keep in mind that insurance companies often put pre-existing condition and other exclusions into their policies to protect themselves from people who don't initially purchase insurance but then try to add coverage after booking and finding out they have a problem. Remember, they have to make sure they are minimizing their risk, otherwise they will lose money and go out of business. Make sure you read all the fine print before purchasing any coverage.

hockeybabe
08-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Look at www.*****************. IMO, more coverage, cheaper than Disney ins...even covers terrorism. :goodvibes

abeyst
08-02-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm still checking for our trip in August. You can do it, but the one's I saw have a pre existing condition clause (which isn't a big deal for me), and you have to purchase the plan before the 'storm' is named to be covered for hurricanes.