PDA

View Full Version : Need help! What to do??

disneycutie84
08-02-2006, 12:51 AM
DBf and I are planning our first WDW trip for May 2007. This is our college graduation gift to ourselves. :banana:
Originally I was going to stay at POP, mostly due to the fact that we have to pay for roundtrip airfare from san diego to orlando.
After watching the vacation planning DVD, i am now considering staying at a moderate resort...either CBR or POR. The difference between a vacation package with POP & one with a moderate resort is around 500 dollars.
Should I save up the extra 500? Or should I just stay at POP?
Any advice/opinions would be GREATLY appreciated! :sunny:

BlindTyldak
08-02-2006, 01:15 AM
DBf and I are planning our first WDW trip for May 2007. This is our college graduation gift to ourselves. :banana:
Originally I was going to stay at POP, mostly due to the fact that we have to pay for roundtrip airfare from san diego to orlando.
After watching the vacation planning DVD, i am now considering staying at a moderate resort...either CBR or POR. The difference between a vacation package with POP & one with a moderate resort is around 500 dollars.
Should I save up the extra 500? Or should I just stay at POP?
Any advice/opinions would be GREATLY appreciated! :sunny:

If it is your first trip, you definitely will not regret staying at a value, since more likely than not you will be spending the vast majority of your time in the parks and not relaxing around the hotel. IMHO unless you are staying at CSR (which has a lot of deluxe amenities) the amount to stay at a mod over a value is not worth it unless you KNOW you will be spending a good amount of daylight time at the hotel and are counting on being able to find someplace quiet to relax and sun.

Personally I say go to Pop, have a blast, and save that $500 for a special romantic dinner and an all-out night out at PI. :)

QueenT
08-02-2006, 05:37 AM
Unless you are going for more than 7 days, you will likely not spend much time in the resort anyway. Take a 1/2 day and check out 1 or 2 mods while you are there, so next time you will know exactly what you want.

Values & mods from an room standpoint are not that much different.

The only real benefit to mods is more amenities (like a sit-down restaurant, rentals, more landscaping). Also many really feel that the values are more "disney-like".

Have fun!

dawgfan
08-02-2006, 02:26 PM
I agree with those above. If you will spend a great deal of time at the resort spring for the mod. If you are only in and out of the resort and mostly in the parks, stay budget.

disneycutie84
08-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks to everyone for the advice! I think i will stay at POP, especially since I'll mostly be there to sleep. :thumbsup2